• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Elitism

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    q: what does disco and gen chat have in common
    a: they're both dead

Pokecommunity, there is almost surely a hierarchy within these boards. Where do you fit in it, what are your thoughts on it, what do you think is important within a forum member?

Remember, the more you post the better you look in front of the PC nobles

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'm a person who has a lot of thoughts about a lot of things, but none of those thoughts are particularly interesting :P

Last edited:

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    i'm the 90's mom who tries to be hip with the kids but just looks like a dumbass

trying to be relevant and failing badly

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I imagine myself outside of the hierarchy. I feel like I am on the outside watching, but I rather be away and not feel associated so it suits me

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i am most definitely PC's local half-wit.. and "enemy-san."

i don't fit very high up in this apparent hierarchy.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    People don't reply to my posts or talk to me or even refer to me often, so you can say I'm at the lower parts of the hierarchy haha. But I think I'm still somewhat higher than the ones who don't get noticed that all. :D

Also post count doesn't matter no one even bothered about my 2k post count haha

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I think the majority of PC that has been lurking and posting for many years tend to disagree on seniority haha. See: My join date of Feb 2009 and my 2k post count. And yet, within the 6 years of my timeline I haven't hit it off with the higher ups or the PC seniority.

And yet again, there are new members that are known among the forums simply because they're really involved with it... and not just a lurker over at Anime & Manga man I need to visit other places more often

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I never really have any luck being with the cool gang anywhere I am, so I just stick with myself and the few people I talk to. I just go with the flowwwww

Years
    Well, I think as far as PC goes I'm somewhere in that group that tends to be quite worshipped and draws attention a lot especially to those members who are new to the forums. It's probably due to my experience, being a 4-year-old member and one of the few to have achieved that 20k postcount mark. It also kinda doesn't help that I find myself interacting with a lot of staff and other extremely active, long-serving members as well.

So, in conclusion I'm sorta looked up in the same way that most staff members are as far as I'm aware. Pretty high up in this so-called "hierarchy".

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    i consider myself positively fantastic that's all i know
    :) I positively adore Narcissism, in any shape or form. Brilliant comment.

On a side note, I think it comes more down to including yourself in group activitys on the forum. I think this is the second thread I've seen in the treehouse with a similar theme. Popularity comes from interaction in multiple places. Some one somewhere is going to see something you do as intriguing, just do you and some one will care.
    Welp, that's one motivational speech for the day. Good luck hierarchy climbers

Lucid

Well, I think as far as PC goes I'm somewhere in that group that tends to be quite worshipped and draws attention a lot especially to those members who are new to the forums. It's probably due to my experience, being a 4-year-old member and one of the few to have achieved that 20k postcount mark. It also kinda doesn't help that I find myself interacting with a lot of staff and other extremely active, long-serving members as well.

So, in conclusion I'm sorta looked up in the same way that most staff members are as far as I'm aware. Pretty high up in this so-called "hierarchy".
    Who the hell are you?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Seniority = diddly squat here. I've been here for almost 6 years, and I have almost 10,000 posts. That doesn't really mean anything special here besides the fact that you've just been here a hella long time. Here, it seems that being involved means that you talk with and hit it off with the right people, make the right connections, and get to be in the know. It literally works like this: You get stuff if you know the right people. It's even happened to me in the past (See: The story behind how I got my Platinum-tier supportership).

This. Team Fail knows what's going on. Good things come to the users that are involved. Otherwise there wouldn't be any moderators that joined like a year ago.

As for elitism, I think that PC's been a lot better than it has in the past. When I first joined there was huge gap between a lot of the staff/supporters and regular users, because they all knew each other and a casual user like myself was just left looking in from the outside. These days there are still these sort of cliques, but they're okay because a lot of these members are much more approachable. It's kind of inevitable that interest groups would form, it's how we as humans behave when we socialize.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I'm pretty sure there's bound to be elitism in a place filled with people, especially with big egos literally begging to be stroked. I like to think there is little emphasis (or very subtle) on a "hierarchy", but I mean the hierarchy is pretty obvious: you have people who could wipe out the site in a millisecond, then you have people who could screw your profile/whatnot up beneath them, and then you have people who can ban you, and then there are people with fancy-looking names and titles (unfortunately I can't say the same for their faces), and then you have people and more people and more miserable souls for harvesting till you're like "gdi why are there so many people". I don't really care; I live in my own egomaniac bubble world so. I see myself detached from any e-peen romper room fuckery. If anything, I'll just go with the flow.

But you know, this is life. Online or offline, this is how society functions. There's always some certain structure to it. Most successful people got to where they are by connections, being involved with the community, money even. I think there is also a bit of luck involved (read: my Crystal-tier supportership gifted from someone I had never talked to on the forums before.)

Back