• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Redux: The Sinnoh Stories [T]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Name: Karix Hummel

Hometown: I don't know anything about Solaceon, but let's make it Solaceon because I don't know anything about other towns in Sinnoh either :D

Interests and Goals: Karix had a really good life going. She just finished high school, she was planning on going to college in the same school as her mega super cool boyfriend... But then she got dumped. Suddenly, he didn't want to be with her anymore. It shattered her world, but instead of doing her best to get over him, as her friends tried to convince her to do, she started making a grand plan of how to get him back. Garen loved pokémon. Karix didn't even own a pokémon of her own. So that must be it! In order to become cool again, in Garen's eyes, she needed to become a pokémon trainer. As such, her main goal and purpose of the journey is to gather a team of the toughest, coolest pokémon out there and win as many battles as she possibly can. So that her ex will finally take her back when he sees what he lost. Question is... Will that goal last throughout the journey, or will she discover new purposes and goals in life along the way? (spoilers: the latter, obviously)

Her usual interests include reading, watching movies, playing games with friends - a lot of typical indoor activities. She was never much for the outdoor life, which could become a challenge on this journey. She has a love for the internet and will likely feel alone and disconnected whenever she's out of data or range for her smartphone.

FAMILY
Karix grew up with her parents and two brothers. One older named Darax, one younger named Jalex. As a middle child, she has mastered diplomacy where others would deem it hopeless. She has also had to learn ways to get on by and thrive without getting too much attention. There was only a year between each of the siblings, and she was the only daughter, but Jalex was girlish enough to make that title redundant, and Darax did the most in his role on the other side of the spectrum. The day Garen asked Karix out, half a year ago, was the best day of her life. He saw her, not the coolkids, not the smartkids - little unspecial Karix. She never reflected much on his reasons behind dating her, but she sure did a lot of reflection when he broke it off.

Mrs and Mr Hummel are farmers, living in a small ranch on the outskirts of Solaceon, but they know that only possibly Darax would want to follow in their footsteps. Jalex is way too artistic to take care of a farm all day long, and Karix... Well, they are not too sure about her yet. But they are convinced that she is a lot wiser than she takes credit for.

STRENGTHS
Zangoose: No kidding. This pokémon was a precious gift from her parents (they used quite a lot of their savings to get it, possibly feeling guilty over her being over shadowed by her brothers). She is trained for battle, breeded to perfection, and is even sporting a very rare coloration. This pokémon is a killing winning machine. At least if her trainer knew how to use her properly...

Memory: Karix has a keen eye for details and usually remembers well things she has learned or only briefly heard about.

Diplomacy: She can often sense a brewing argument and automatically act to calm things down before the storm is let loose. She got plenty of practice keeping her brothers at bay through the years. At the very least, she will not be the one to start arguments or take the bait from someone who tries to make her angry.

Motivation: Crybaby or not, it will take a lot for Karix to give up if she faces obstacles on her journey. She has quite the motivation to really become a cool trainer and get her ex back!​

WEAKNESSES
Zangoose: Yeah, the winning machine doesn't quite respect its operator. Yet.

Crybaby: Her eyes seem to lack proper floodgates. Whenever there is anything somebody could cry for, you can be sure that she joins in. Or even is the first to begin. Her emotions just well up like that.

Fear of POINTY THINGS: You heard me. She fell on top of a pitchfork at the age of 6 and punctured a lung. Luckily she fully recovered, but was sort of traumatized and now gets nauseous from being too close to pointy items or looking at them for too long. It's been a decade so she has managed to work through the worst part of the fear itself, but she's still hugely uncomfortable with pointy things. For example, she only eats with spoons. Forks or knives are a no go. So. Anybody seen Zangoose's claws? Perhaps they need to be trimmed down. A lot. 8)​

STARTER POKÉMON
Zangoose (shiny) // Female // Immunity
Quick Attack - Double Team - Thunderbolt - Flamethrower - Ice beam - Slash

zang%20karix_zpschpgac7v.png

oh god i basically turned myself into a character

Last edited:
Years
Sorry for the post being a little lacking, but basically just a filler in getting Lauryl to Celestic Town. Also she too is now open to interactions, feel free in an attempt to wake her up, or simply ignore her.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmmm. So which pokémon to capture first? I want a really odd team xD Not sure what would be the most interesting on rout 210.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sscchh, Christos could be listening in!

I totally want a Bellsprout by the way. 8)

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I was just thinking the other day about doing my first Pokemon journey role-play, having a strong, independent story already plotted out, for the most part.

I'll have a go at this. It'll bring out the kid in me again. Yeah, I'm already inspired to write up an app sometime in the next two days.

A different outcome I'm sure, Pie.

Years
Okay GimmePie I have edited my post

Alright this one is actually more on me than on you, so sorry for this. Firstly, Cynthia is not the champion in Redux, she's abdicated to travel and study legends elsewhere (like Unova lol). In this RP the Elite 4 consist of Aaron, Fantina, Volkner, Flint and Lucian as the champion.

I'd also prefer if player characters didn't have any relation to e4 or leaders, it'll be much more convenient.

Years
Alright this one is actually more on me than on you, so sorry for this. Firstly, Cynthia is not the champion in Redux, she's abdicated to travel and study legends elsewhere (like Unova lol). In this RP the Elite 4 consist of Aaron, Fantina, Volkner, Flint and Lucian as the champion.

I'd also prefer if player characters didn't have any relation to e4 or leaders, it'll be much more convenient.

That's fine I've made those changes

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hey, I'm dropping this RP. I've been trying to get a post out for a while, but it just isn't working, and I'm not that invested either, which isn't a great combination.

I wish y'all good luck with the rest of the RP!

Also, Aiden or GP or Pikachu or Alby are free to use my character if they want.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Name: Earnest Bagel

Hometown: Solaceon

Appearance: 4"10', Caucasian, thin; medium-length light brown hair, blue eyes.

He wears a white short-sleeve shirt, baby blue shorts, white socks, bright red sneakers with white trim, and a baby blue pajama onesie with its arms tied around his neck as a makeshift cape. He has a Psyduck bookbag, and in it he carries a bent plastic pail for a head accessory and its shovel for a makeshift weapon, among other things.

Interests and Goals: Earnest seeks adventure for the sake of it, often viewing himself as the protagonist of his own story. He figures the best way to live out his young life to the fullest is in becoming a Pokemon Trainer, exploring the free world on his own. Along the way, he hopes to gain friends and turn enemies to the side of good, if he can help it. Pokemon will certainly help him do just that, he figures.

Family: Earnest is an only child to a single mother. He has never known his father and his mother insists that she has never had anything of the man, not even a picture to spare, though she reassures him the few times Earnest decides to ask about him that he was a "good man".

His mother is a very capable, intelligent, and particular middle-aged woman, so far an entire decade retired since her years as a nurse's assistant at the local Pokemon Center. She is now a stay-at-home mother who spends much of her time taking care of Earnest and the house, and though she is unemployed, seems to somehow be well-off financially to support the two of them.

To him, his only other family is the Furfrou he and his mother took in two years ago during a visit to Hearthome City, where they found it abandoned, roughed, and without identification in the bushes near Amnity Square.

Strengths: Being a child, his optimism knows no bounds, though it may also stem from his pure naivite.

He is youth who was raised on portion sizes, healthy habits, and whose hyper imagination has him bounding about.

Thanks to a camping book of his that he's read a couple times through, he has handy knot-making and fire-starting skills.

In the event that he has broken a bone and needs immediate assistance correcting it, his mother has taught him how to make a splint from local objects.

His mother's tendency to watch a lot of informative television has had him overhear some of the factoids she tends to spout, some of them proving in appropriate situations to be very useful--should he remember them correctly.

Weaknesses: Being a child, he is still ignorant to the more true and prevalent evils of the world, as well as the ambiguity of situations where morals as he understands them are not at all black and white.

He gets hungrier quicker being smaller, young, and energetic, requiring more food to sustain himself.

He doesn't always follow others' directions or keep himself clear of dangerous situations, sometimes being daring on a whim.

Having a big imagination and living in the immediate, he often limits his foresight of situations in favor of substituting an outcome of his own.

Starter pokemon:

Furfrou (Pizza Party) | M
Fur Coat
Headutt, Odor Sleuth, Bite, Cotton Guard

Last edited:
Back