• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your favourite Unova Pokemon

Years
  • The 5th Generation of Pokemon brought us the most Pokemon introduced in a single generation, all with unique designs, types and other features that all helped make this generation stand out. That said, what were your fave of the new Pokemon introduced in 5th Gen? Do leave your thoughts and explanations on why you loved those Pokemon.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • My favourite gen 5 Pokemon is: Victini.

Victini is the Victory pokemon, which in and of itself makes it worthy of liking. Victini was also the first Fire/Psychic type, a worthy type combination which would later become more common with the introduction of Delphox. Victini also has a really special backstory behind it, and when you take it back to liberty garden in B2W2 it dances around and actually acts like a living breathing thing, if only for a second. I really like that they gave it a history, and actually stuck with it.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Sawsbuck

It's a rather uncommon choice, but for some reason on my first playthrough I caught myself a Deerling and got real attached to it. The little guy evolved do a Sawsbuck and thus I loved the pokemon as a whole. I'm actually not too big on the seasonal change gimmick that it has, but other than the Autumn form they're kinda pretty to look at. So yeah deers are cool even though they taste good! :D

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Gen 5 debuted a lot of Pokemon that became some of my favorites! These include: Victini, Serperior, Samurott, Gigalith, Krookodile, Scrafty, Archeops, Zoroark, Bisharp, Reshiram, Genesect.

Overall, if I had to just pick one, I'd say Scrafty was my absolute favorite.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I kind of like Volcarona, Haxorus, Conkeldurr, Seismitoad, Emboar, Braviary, Hydreigon, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Excadrill and Gigalith.

I really love Braviary's hidden ability.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • My favorite fifth gen pokemon is Elmonga

Look how cute it is...
    Your favourite Unova Pokemon

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My favorite Gen V Pokemon and favorite Pokemon ever is Zekrom. Some of the other Pokemon I really liked from Gen 5 though are Kyurem, Volcarona, Krookodile, Haxorus, and Hydreigon.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Aw, I really like Reuniclus!
    Like, when the games came out, this Pokemon immediately stood out for me as one of the main reasons why I chose to play White instead of Black first! But yeah, it's a little on the slow side, but amazingly strong, and really durable! It's Magic Guard ability is sooo good so that it can negate any residual damage like from burns and poison, making it the perfect pivot for them!

Lilligant is another one of my favourites!
    An awesome flower who has pretty impressive artwork! Like a floral woman, ohoho. I also like it's attacks like Giga Drain, Quiver Dance, and Sleep Powder which makes it a pretty potent sweeper if maybe you attach it with Hidden Power Ground or Hidden Power Fire! I use it on my White runs when I can too. Team wouldn't feel the same without her. :')

Another favourite is good ol' Mienshao, a great Fighting type!
    I really love the artwork; like an advanced monk! It's also really fast, speed wise, and it has really strong moves like Hi-Jump Kick, or Drain Punch for recovery in-game. Regenerator for it is also amazing. Competitive wise, it makes for a great scouter, or a member of Volt-Turn cores, utilizing U-Turn! Another pokemon who I regularly use for my Pokemon White runs!

Ohh another strong favourite of mine is Volcarona.
    It's really powerful once it gets a Quiver Dance going, using moves like Fire Blast, Bug Buzz, Fiery Dance, even Giga Drain from it's buff! A really strong special sweeper indeed! Love the artwork because it looks majestic-looking even as a sort of moth pokemon, colorful, and easy on the eyes too. I don't really get the chance to use one before post-game in the 5th gen games, however, because Larvesta takes too long to evolve, rugh. But when I get to, it destroys everythiiiing.

Haxorus is also really big and cool!
    Like, I use one all the time while playing the original BW games, because it's really strong and especially outstanding with Dragon Dance and it's Mold Breaker ability! Like, I used this instead of going for Zekrom/Reshiram against N, and it managed to take the legendary pokemon down with just a slither of it's health left!

Another fav is Meloetta!
    Cool, cool and cute Meloetta. Relic Song is a cool move; can make the foe fall asleep, and it changes form! It's really a surprise when it does; it gets a boost of speed compared to the original, and Close Combat hits haaard. I don't really get much chances to use it but it still is adorable!

Last one is Audino!
    Super Audino. Super Audino is really helpful! Runnin' at the speed of sound, GOT ITSELF A SITUATION, IT'S IN A NEW LOCATION! But really, it's a blessing this thing exists cause it gives truckloads of EXP, but I also love how happy and sweet it looks; it's like.. the caretaker of pokemon, alongside Chansey and Blissey! Hadn't used it much in battle before, but I do admire it's talents. :]

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • 3 of my MVP Team, and some more.

First off, Hydreigon.

The ace of my MVP Team. Standing at level 78, i always wanted to experience and use Deino. So i catched a Zweilous, trained it up, gave it some killer moves, and bam. This guy pretty much oneshots everything in its way. Also its design, i love it!

Second off, Reuniclus.

It's a psychic fetus covered in jello. What's not to love about this thing?

Third off, Archeops.

Defeatist never really bothered me to be honest. Because this thing OHKO'd anything before they even do damage to it. I love it so much.

Others like Escavalier, Excadrill, Kyurem and Samurott join the list aswell.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My favourite Unova Pokémon is:

Lilligant

Whilst I never got to use the Flowering Pokemon in the first games due to only having Black, I have used her extensively in the sequels. She was the star of my Grass Monotype team and impressively One-hit KOed Iris' Haxorus in the Champions Battle.

She has an adorable design and the Green coloring works really well with the red flower. The Shiny Coloration (Which I own one of in Gen 6 after DexNaving a Shiny Petilil) is also very cute with the pink flower and Blue highlights.

If I could own one Pokémon in real life it would be a Lilligant. :)

Honourable mentions - Gothitelle, Haxorus and Whimsicott

Years
  • Your favourite Unova Pokemon

I'm sure a lot of you may have known by now...

Oshawott is a Pokemon I initially fell in love with when the Unova starters were first revealed in May 2010, but I was not sure on who I was set on choosing to use in the game. It was after watching the anime (I watch the dub mainly) that its cute voice sold me and I have been choosing the little otter in every playthrough since. It also has a really cool theme to its evolution line, using shells as weapons and me being a fan of Japanese culture makes me love it.

I do love a lot of other Pokemon in the Unova Dex, but Oshawott will always be the one that stands out to me.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Your favourite Unova Pokemon

I'm sure a lot of you may have known by now...

Oh I love this gif... <3

Mine are Mienshao for sure, I always use it on my team!! <3 A great fighting type. A great ability too!

And I love Sawsbuck too. A great animal and I love the seasons cycle with this Pokemon.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • My favorite and one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon of all time is Emolga. Emolga brings out my feminine side. To me, she seems to be very feminine like especially when it comes to the Animes when she is using attract. Sure, maybe Emolga was poorly portrayed in the animes and she can be pretty annoying but when she isn't being a jerk, she can be pretty cute. Even when she is using attract, as for the games, Emolgas can be pretty useful too. Even more useful than Pikachu at times. I remember someone from the Pokemon animes a long time ago saying this, but I quote them: "It's the trainer that makes their Pokemon the best. Not just the Pokemon themselves." Something along those lines. So Emolga really good all and all. Of course until an ice cream come comes and faints them.

So Emolga is my number 1 favorite Pokemon of Unova. Congrats Emolga. Also, let me tell you this, Emolga. No, I am not kidding but your attract actually worked on me IRL when you used it at the viewers (Or Patrats non-4th wall wise) watching the Pokemon B and W series.

Also would like to mention Oshawott, Meloetta, Lilligant Snivy, and Minccino. Minccino is fighting Emolga for my number 1 favorites atm. But they're both awesome in their own ways.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Just look at this little guy.

Tepig has been my favorite since the starters were announced back in the day. I like the design and name a lot (Teh Pig!), and I like its second stage evolution Pignite a lot too. I'm not a big fan of Embroar's design though.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Sawsbuck

It's a rather uncommon choice, but for some reason on my first playthrough I caught myself a Deerling and got real attached to it. The little guy evolved do a Sawsbuck and thus I loved the pokemon as a whole. I'm actually not too big on the seasonal change gimmick that it has, but other than the Autumn form they're kinda pretty to look at. So yeah deers are cool even though they taste good! :D

I came here to say Sawsbuck as well! Before I bought Black, I instantly fell in love with its design and was determined to have one in my team. Deers are among my favourite animals and I actually liked its seasonal changes (Winter is my favourite). Ah well, writing this has made me decide to go find a Deerling in AS.

Back