• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT #4 | Elesa

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT #4 | Elesa
    CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT #4 | Elesa

Hello everyone! These will be a new series of threads called "character spotlight", where we will take a look at the important characters in the 5th Generation games! You're more than free to share your thoughts and ideas about each character shown in these threads, and reoccurring people who participate in these threads will receive something special:

So, in this character spotlight, we have... Elesa! Elesa is the Electric-type Gym leader of Nimbasa city, and she also works as a supermodel! We first see her in BW when she tries to intervene between Bianca and her father, when her father convinced her to go back home. IN her Gym, it's pretty much a roller coaster ride all the way towards her, and in B2W2, it's a fashion show.

She uses a Volt Switch tactic where she uses Emolga to Volt Switch to her strongest Pokemon Zebstrika, as a sort of fast tactic to keep trainers on their toes. She also has a habit on giving bad puns. Whether that be a good or bad thing, well, that's up to you!

Her Pokémon: Zebstrika, Emolga, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Joltik, Galvantula, Luxray, Eelektross, Stunfisk​

* Some discussion questions! How did you like Elesa as a Gym Leader and as a person in general? How difficult was she for you when you've challenged her for a Gym battle? Feel free to share any and all thoughts~

blue

gucci
    Years
  • How did you like Elesa as a Gym Leader and as a person in general?

I liked Elesa, I thought she was a cool character particularly in Black 2/White 2 with her runway Gym and overhaul.

How difficult was she for you when you've challenged her for a Gym battle?

I remember battling Elesa to be quite tough, her Emolga was quite troublesome to take down having the resistance to Ground types and then the annoyance of Volt Switch didn't help either.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    How did you like Elesa as a Gym Leader and as a person in general?
    I thought she did a pretty good job of designing her gym and I really enjoyed going though it.
    How difficult was she for you when you've challenged her for a Gym battle?
    I didn't find her any more or less challenging than other gyms. I'm pretty sure I went in with a type advantage and just brute forced my way through it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I have to say Elesa is a close first to Lt. Surge as my favorite Gym Leader the other being Roxie. Those three are my favorite. As for Elesa I never really had a problem with her in the game. Though in the show I liked how she made the huge deal about Tynamo when it's one of the smallest Pokemon.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Elese was always an issue for me. Maybe its because I never really built a team with a clear solution to electric types, but maybe she just had a good round team. The world may never know.

Elesa as a character... well she was there, she was a decent person as we saw when she convinced Bianca's dad to let her go adventuring, but other than that, I can't say I remember her being too significant.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Oh my gosh! I loved Elesa as a Gym Leader, and as a character! She's amazing! :3

Elesa is one of my favorite leaders too; it should be no surprise that my currently selected PC theme is in fact "Nimbasa's Shining Beauty" <3

Years
  • Ah yes, Elesa. My fave Electric-type Gym Leader and female Unova Gym Leader.

I loved the design she had going with her, even when I first thought of her design being based on Lady Gaga. What makes Elesa good is that she's a Gym Leader who actually can put up a decent challenge with the Emolgas, thanks to their immunity to Ground moves and that means you have to incorporate Rock moves into your strategy. Zebstrika was also a hard-hitter at that point in the game, but a Ground move can still easily defeat it.

She wasn't as hard in B2/W2 but I like that they redesigned her for those games. I definitely liked it better than the original design, especially with the way she throws off her coat in her battle sprite.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I was shocked at Elese B2W2. She changed her hair color!

Anyway, she's not really that memorable for me. I prefer Skyla over her anytime. But her gym is quite fun and can prove to be challenging. Especially that Emolga since it's basically resistant to Electric-types only weakness which can surprise you.

lamePotato

DeviantArt - SimplyPixelizing
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2016
    I adore Elesa; tied for second favorite Unova leader (w. Clay), and one of my top 3 leaders (Wulfric beats 'em both!).

Elesa has the best design in BW2, and looks stunning. Plus her role with Bianca absolutely triumphs as one of the most badass leader moments, right after Clay rounding up the gym leaders in BW. Seriously one of the most powerful women in the series, behind Cynthia.

Lots of 2nd place finishes for Elesa, but I would rate her a strong 10/10. I have no issues with her, love her to death, but there's a handful I like more.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I love how she's super serious, but has a hidden "I want to be a lighthearted joker" side to her! Her design is very cool, and the first time you see her she supports Bianca in her confrontation with her father, so she already has a lot of positives going for her. I just find her desire to crack jokes but is unable to deliver them to be the metaphorical icing on the cake for her character.

Her battle in BW was pretty shocking for me, having to deal with her two Emolga. And I really, really love her runway Gym in B2W2!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I highly respect Elesa as an in-game NPC for how she manages to be a respectable adversay in both BW1 and BW2, even though more than half of that seems to be based on the availability of what's supposed to counter her said lineups and her mons having higher powered moves than you do at that point in the game.

As for her as a character, pretty much what everyone said here. She's really awesome and possibly one of my favorite things about the 5th gen. She has so much character in her.

Years
  • Elesa dang she was hot enough to make me stare at her for 2 hours until.... Ok onwards the battle. She was tough, ground pokemon were hard to take down emolga since you couldn't have many in the battle. But i like Elesa more than Surge who you caught one diglett/dugtrio and defeat him in mere seconds. She needed some strategy before you battle her. I also liked her gym it was full of technology and very nice. And the dancers were funny too hahaha ^^. I also have a PC friend who honors her name :)

Years
  • Elesa dang she was hot enough to make me stare at her for 2 hours until.... Ok onwards the battle. She was tough, ground pokemon were hard to take down emolga since you couldn't have many in the battle. But i like Elesa more than Surge who you caught one diglett/dugtrio and defeat him in mere seconds. She needed some strategy before you battle her. I also liked her gym it was full of technology and very nice. And the dancers were funny too hahaha ^^. I also have a PC friend who honors her name :)

Back