• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you use Reshiram/Zekrom at the Final Battle against N?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
  • As many people have already said, I couldn't resist using Reshiram against my main adversary, N, and his Zekrom. It was awesome to have that be the final battle between us of sorts, though i did have 4-5 other Pokemon readily available to finish Zekrom off in case Reshiram didn't make it u that didn't happen so no matter. This is oe of he few legendaries I actually used in battle (also used Suicune and Dialga) and the very last one I ever did use in the games

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I chose my Zekrom when I'm on my final battle against N, because it's fitting to fight against N's Reshiram that time, considering that it's the final showdown and all.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • I did infact! I normally do use the Legendary I catch in the story because It feels like that character would use it. The only exeption is Kanto of course where you don't get any legendaries spare Zapdos and Arcticuno prior to the E4.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Only to fight his Zekrom, but I fought the rest of his team with my other Pokemon. It just seemed fitting to use Reshiram vs Zekrom and its not often that you have this type of battle in-game.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Did you choose use Reshiram/Zekrom at the Final Battle against N and Ghetsis?

Well this would be the right question.

And yes, I did. It made me feel OP, but it was also epic to be forced to catch a 680BST legendary.

Years
  • I chose my Zekrom when I'm on my final battle against N, because it's fitting to fight against N's Reshiram that time, considering that it's the final showdown and all.

I agree, because most final encounters with the main villain never felt like a "final showdown" and it was great to see the two dragons battling it out together to see who the better hero of Unova was.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As per my Pokemon series tradition, I used Reshiram/Zekrom against N and kept them in the team for the rest of the post-game.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • Yes, I think in my first playthrough, because I still had a HM Pokemon on my team so I was like "why not?" At first I didn't know it was going to be the first Pokemon in my party, so that wasn't something I expected when I battled N. Being unable to reorder your team before the next battle also put a spanner in my works but I think I was pretty okay with sweeping Ghetsis.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Nope, I've never in any of my runs. The main problem was that I always have a 6 pokemon team set up already and usually Rashiram/Zakerom has no space in it. Also personally I didn't want a pokemon forcefully added to my team that may or may not cover the areas that the pokemon is substituting. Especially before such a big battle on my first run through.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, the first time I played White was in Japanese, so I didn't know what the hell I was doing, honestly. So yeah, I used it, even though it was kind of by accident. I've opted out every time after that though, unless I got to that point and either a. had a really deadweight Pokemon or b. wasn't doing a challenge that required a certain team.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    I never actually used these two legendaries, they are among a few of my least favourite legendaries. Maybe i should actually try them out though before judging them haha

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    no i try to avoid using legendaries at all costs, although one time i had to because of how weak my team was against ghetsis

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    In my originaly playthrough, yes. I believe I felt I was underleveled at the time so it really did help. In runs after that, no, I didn't use it.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Of course, i did use my Reshiram in black.. Since the beginning of the game, i had been waiting to get my hands on it, and it was able to defeat zakrom quite easily .

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I do use the mascot when battling him, but must be done is a must.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Yes, i did. You see, i did so coz it fits with the story. First, i paralyzed N's Zakrom with a dragonbreath and then used fusion flare on it.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I didn't use Reshiram since it would have broken my heart to replace one of my pokemon that had fought with me all this way. Black was also my first pokemon game, so I was that much more attached to my team.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I didn't use Reshiram since it would have broken my heart to replace one of my pokemon that had fought with me all this way. Black was also my first pokemon game, so I was that much more attached to my team.

That's really sweet. :) in general Pokémon you've trained are stronger so it was a good choice too!

I used Zekrom. I think I only properly used about five Pokémon so I had the spare slot. I just felt like the legendaries were supposed to face off I suppose.

Back