• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Ah, good morning y'all. Eheheh, that comic literally made me lol. Nice work! You get to see my post? I've been on vacation, and I had enough downtime to write the post, so there it is.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Glad that everyone's getting their posts in, now that I can see.

I will have mine up whenever I come home from work today and rest up. I'd not want to dawdle around.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Just wanted to drop in and say this is probably the RP I am the most sad about not being able to join, because it is absolutely amazing and I probably would have been the first to register if I actually had the time to join an extra RP. The last thing I want to do is join and not be active, so I really have high hopes for this. Godspeed, you guys <3

I caved in, send help

I'll be joining the Sprited Away folks since you're lacking people. Expect a SU shortly!

Foxrally

Years
Application for Spirited Away

5f4784a7ce.png
Name: Errol
Gender: Male. It's hard to tell with us fish, but I sound like one.
Species: A Qwilfish.
Level: 26

Moveset:
  • Hydro Pump
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Stockpile
  • Rollout

Appearance: I've got a bunch of spikes on my tail. My mom says they're cool.

Personality:

I suppose this is the part where my son has to convince you that he is useful to your store. I believe this practice is extremely derogatory and judgemental, and only serves for the less fortunate members of our society to be pushed under by the supremist, elitist, levelist and benefitist society we live in. I refuse to let my son cave in to your specific needs, as acquiring this position is his right and not your yours. Be aware of your privilege, unhittable ghost type.

[This writing is in a different color of ink, as if the writer had written this a few days after the rest of the application. It seems Errol caved in after all.] The person who wrote this before me was my mother. She instructed me not to remove any writing, so I apologize for anything she has written before this paragraph. I like to believe I work decently well for a Pokemon of... my stature. There are obviously much better candidates out there, but I like to believe I have the potential I can be better than them. I like to believe my disability will not affect my chances of being employed, either... I like to believe in many things, and one of these things is your store! [the word 'store' is heavily underlined as if Errol was extremely proud of this last sentence, which brings up an important question - how does a Qwilfish even write anyway?]

Background:

I have no criminal record, if that's what your asking... Unless you're asking me for my personal background, then I'm afraid I don't have much to tell either. The most exciting thing I can remember happening to me was my mother yelling and screaming to herself about suing your store for disability discrimination if you didn't hire me. I didn't really understand, but she was very passionate. I wish I could be like my mom. I only want to apply because the job seems fun, and swimming in the ocean does get boring. I'm not a very good swimmer either, so I don't miss my homebeach either. Oh, and a quick note if you do end up hiring me - and I really suggest you do, or my mom's not going to be happy - I need to be given an inhalation of water every couple of hours, or I sort of can die. Well, not die die, first I'll get headaches, then I'll start puking, then I'll get dizzy, and then I'll die die. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
WE NEED ERROL IN OUR STORE PRONTO! THAT APPLICATION IS JUST TOOOO GOOD!

Years
Ya know, this brings up a good point. How do fish pokemon do anything in those games? Sharpedo, go! *Sharpedo flops around on top of a volcano and dies*

Great app though, I love it!

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Forcing Castiel to hire your character because of a threat of a civil lawsuit for disability discrimination...

... is genius. I've never laughed so hard.

Errol the Qwilfish is accepted.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
ew fox ew

welcome to the RP bb. his name is Errol tho

also jaunt your comic is okay i guess

Foxrally

Years
Thank you all for your kind comments <3

I'll be reading up on the IC today and should have my first post up today as well. It's still 5 AM, am I correct?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Query, how is Errol going to get to the shop at 5 AM? I mean, really, is he going to have some push his bowel all the way over? xD

Foxrally

Years
Oh don't worry, Errol (just like other fish Pokemon) doesn't have to be in water all the time! Actually his round shape makes it considerably easier to move around compared to other fish who are unfortunate enough to have dorsal/pelvic fins, which is why I gave him rollout ;) If he isn't rolling, he's hopping, so no worries about that.

He also isn't going to be showing up on time, but actually 30 minutes late - rolling is fairly fast but the beach is a long way from Jubilee. Castiel should be used to it by now though xD

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
And he can't fire the fish for being late, cause it's part of disability, and dat lawsuit...

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
If SUs are still open, I'd like to give this a shot.

APPLICATION FOR: Spirited Away

NAME: Geralt

SPECIES: Gengar

LEVEL: 27

MOVESET: Hypnosis, Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball, Mean Look.

APPEARANCE: Geralt is a pure white Gengar, think shiny mega evolved, whose left eye is missing, and has a jagged scar running from his forehead to the top of his left leg going through where his eye used to be.

PERSONALITY: Geralt is quiet and reserved, often going unnoticed in any public place despite his bright appearance. He prefers to listen and make movements behind the scenes than direct confrontation, but isn't afraid to get his hands dirty if needs be (though he will still do it from the shadows as far as possible). He is pleasant to talk to, though, and loyal to those he respects, though gaining that respect is far easier said than done. He is difficult to impress, british in his attitude and sensibilities, but a steadfast and reliable Gengar, if overly serious when compared to others.

BACKGROUND: Geralt never knew his mother, and his father was a hitman for hire, so he stayed as far away from fighting as possible. Seeing his father return home with a new injury of the day inspired him to study and do as well in school as possible; a task which he took on in earnest, and quickly rose above his peers. He soon moved to a prestigious once-human school called St. Bartholomew's, on the outskirts of Jubilee on a scholarship programme. His life was a happy one, until one day he returned home to find his dad broken and bruised, with clear signs of a break in. Since then, with his dad out of work and in hospital, Geralt has had to provide. Yet he remains suspicious of everyone, despite his better judgement, and so decided to apply for a job at Spirited Away, hoping that he might be able to find something out about the pokemon who attacked his father and finally be able to move on.

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
I enjoy the concept of this... and since I have some free time now and Foxy's sterling recommendation of this RP, here I am.~

Bm11n4b.png
gogoat.gif

Name:
Gareth is my name.

Species:
I'm as Gogoat as a Gogoat can be I'd say.

Level:
I'm level thirty though you mightn't believe it. I got up to a bit of scrapping when I was a young Skiddo... I stopped upon my evolution and meeting my wife, mind you. I could probably use my old experiences to boot some rowdy customers from the store if need be!

Moveset:
Ahh, yes, my moves... those would be:
- Seed Bomb
- Bulldoze
- Take Down
- Synthesis
And you'd best believe me when I tell you, that that last one has saved my sorry hide more than once.

Appearance:
Oh I'm not much more than the regular old Gogoat myself. No real scars or imperfections apart from this old burn mark on my front-right hoof. I like to pride myself on my personal hygiene and spiffy exterior however; A finely trimmed hedge and a pair of rather large horns, polished and sharpened to perfection as needed! A well kept employee leaves a good impression on the business he represents eh? Other than that, I like to wear a small badge upon my front, it's a small trinket... no real special imagery, but it shines gold in the sunlight. A gift from my wife.

Oh... and I tend to wear a light blue apron over my back while working, stops the leaves from getting everywhere.

Personality:
Hmm, what to say really? I'd like to think I've still got quite a bit of charm left in me, I pride myself on being a gentleman, a friend in need is a friend indeed and a stranger is just a friend I haven't met yet. I try to find the best in everyone at first impressions, but if after a while I see no sign of anything worthwhile... well, I don't tend to persist with those who deserve no effort and we'll leave it at that.

I'm generally a calm and efficient worker. I like to make conversation with my "work buddies" and such, as would anyone, but if a job needs to be done then by jove I'm the Gogoat to do it. I've been told I'm rather witty and that I take criticism well in my stride. I've no real problems dealing with authority so long as the management is fair and respects my rights as a worker. My hobbies include reading a good book, painting and enjoying an ether or two with a few hours and some good company. I'm always willing to lend an ear to those who could use an ear to listen... and I'd like to think I'm rather good at giving advice with these fabled years of wisdom, if you can call them that.

I do have a bit of a nasty streak to me if people pry too deep, I'm not one to shy away from or pretend that such a thing doesn't exist. I don't really enjoy discussing my past as it is, so as long as others are made aware of that and avoid such topics then all should be well. I think you'll find me rather amicable and easy to work with.

Background:
Ahh, the Past. It isn't my favourite topic... rather I truly do despise speaking of it openly. However I am no breaker of systems and requirements, so I'm happy to tell you a little about myself for the sake of my employment. I used to live on a small island nation due West of Kalos. It's a rather simpler place than where we are now, but it was where I grew up and it was all I knew. I was a scrappy kid, a fighter who always got into trouble. Got me a fair bit of combat experience, but that all changed when I met Annalise, the most beautiful and passionate Mightyena I swear you'll ever meet.

I changed my ways as a married man. I've not done any serious fighting since then... and I don't plan to either unless it's truly necessary. Booting people out of the store is one thing, but full conflict is something that I may well refuse to do.

About two years ago I moved to Jubilee to find my second wind in life. I needed a new story to be a part of, a new future to face. So far, I have found it here, but what is a pokémon without some honest work for honest pay? Thus I send this application to you, good sir. I do hope you consider me for the position.

Extra:
For the sake of context, I feel it prudent to mention that Gareth lost his wife 2 years ago in a fire that broke out on his homestead. This was what inspired him to leave and seek a new life to lead. It was intentionally left out since the SU is in first person, Gareth dislikes talking about her as if she has passed or mentioning that she's dead in general, as such the SU is written so that his mentioning of his wife reflects that. I'm just putting this here to avoid confusion about her status and why he talks about her so briefly. I hope you enjoyed the SU. ~

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Oh, here by recommendation. Well, I appreciate it, the both of you.

Your application is pending.

You have a fair character here. I'll waive that your character is technically under-evolved for evolution because it's only by two levels and I'm more concerned about regulating overpowered move-sets than evolution anyhow, and the idea of an "older" employee is different and appreciated. I otherwise do not find any discrepancies within this application, so it does look clear for acceptance.

I do have one offer for you though, and you do not have to accept it merely because I posed it, but I will say this:

I feel your character in many ways has an aesthetic that fits in quite well for Forget-Me-Not. You did apply for Spirited Away, and I am willing to wager that you did take the time to read through and weigh both stores and their owners for an informed decision, but the sole slot is also there for Gareth the Gogoat.

If you would prefer to keep your application directed still to Spirited Away, do tell me. If you do, and the applicant before you, pokeman10000, has not edited his application in time or has not edited it sufficiently, going into a first-come-first-serve basis, he will take the spot over yours.

pokeman10000 is also free to try again for Forget-Me-Not, if that happens.

APPLICATION FOR: Spirited Away

Thank you for applying to this role-play.

Your application is pending.

It appears you've come to the notion that the town of Jubilee is co-run by humans and Pokemon. This is incorrect, and maybe you misunderstood, but in the F.A.Q. portion of the first post, you will read this:

Q: Are there any humans?
A: Jubilee, like neighboring towns, was created and developed by humans who all mysteriously abandoned it sometime before. Jubilee was settled by a pioneering group of wild Pokemon three years before the start of this role-play. There are no and will not be any humans present in this role-play.

This is to say, this is a town built by humans for humans, was abandoned, became desolate, and then a group of Pokemon stumbled upon the town and decided to take it for their own. In this RP universe, Pokemon run the town like humans would. You will also get this explanation if you took the time in the Applications section to read my applications for either Castiel or Amaryllis--which I recommend reading other people's sign ups in general so that you get a feel for the characters and their potential dynamic in the role-play.

There will be no humans in this role-play, not in or even near the setting. Your character though may have interacted with humans before ending up settling in Jubilee.

If you can edit your application to properly fit that, and if you do it before another user who has applied for the same spot, Deceptio, makes his decision to my personal offer, I may accept you. If, though, I accept Deceptio's character for Spirited Away before then, you do have the option to make another application for Forget-Me-Not, if you care to.

I'll be waiting for both of your responses.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
@Greiger: Interesting IC post. I hadn't thought of the technicality of fuse boxes. Well, I did at some point think about the use of electricians and mechanics briefly, but I didn't think I'd have them employed.

But considering the time of day right now is dawn, having no electricity won't much affect anyone in either store. You can perform the task anyway, if you'd like. I just have to think of where to put that fuse box.

Back