• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How have you been passing the time in preperation for the release of Sun and Moon?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • Due to Sun and Moon being released in just one more month, I thought I would ask what you did to while away the hours before the games are released. Did you do what you had planned to do, or did you do something totally different to what you had planned?

Myself? I did end up getting Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Quest VII, however, I haven't got Dragon Quest V as of yet... I played and finished a few games, Dragon Quest IX, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros and I replayed Pokémon Black Version, also recently I finished Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (I got it three years ago and attempted to play it twice and I lost interest both times, so I started a new game and actually finished it before I got DQ VII). I also played the God of Pokémon ROM hacks, Pokémon Vega... Oh boy was that an adventure. I replayed Pokémon Fuligin too. Now I'm playing some Super Mario World hacks and casually playing Dragon Quest IV and Dragon Quest VII, which I'll be doing with Pokémon Sun too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I borrowed Diamond & HeartGold from my friend and decided to do a massive nuzlocke challenge, playing those two + Black, Black 2, X and AS. Basically I breed the pokemon I finish the game with and send them over to the next game.
    I won't get to finish this challenge before the release though. I beat Clair in HG last night so I've got a long way to go.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I was watching anime while checking eShop to see if the Special Demo is up. Not to mention having several discussions in this section while I'm at it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    Finishing up on my living dex in AS. I'm currently need to finish Gen 5 & 6. Also playing Monster Hunter Generations and Super Smash Bros. Wii U. I'm hoping Shantae HGH will be out by the beginning of Nov. but its looking like its getting delayed again.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Work work work work work work.

Games-wise, though, I had a complete living Dex in my bank, but I restarted it to make a complete HA living Dex aaand that's not gonna get finished before the release date, so lol.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Whining everyday and visit the game shop when I am at the mall near me in the hope they decides to just release it earlier... :P

For now at least we have the demo until then. Yay.

Years
  • Throughout the year I've been replaying various Pokemon games, I started on FireRed, then Platinum and now I'm at the Elite Four in White version. When Skyrim Special Edition comes out I'll be putting a lot of time into that, which will help in the wait for Sun and Moon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Playing Platinum and college work. I've found myself to be actually pretty motivated to finish my Platinum save, I'm hoping I'll be able to wrap up the storyline just in time for the games release next month.

Years
  • I ordered a 3ds amazon will deliver it on 28th..and i also preordered Sun but they will deliver it after 7-10days.after the release :(
    Can i download RBY from Nintendo e shop ?Is it free??
    So I can have something to play until i get sun. :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm currently filling the time by watching the Pokémon anime, I'm still a 180 episodes or so behind. I want to be back on track when Sun and Moon comes out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I ordered a 3ds amazon will deliver it on 28th..and i also preordered Sun but they will deliver it after 7-10days.after the release :(
    Can i download RBY from Nintendo e shop ?Is it free??
    So I can have something to play until i get sun. :p

You can download RBY from the eshop, but they aren't free. They're $10 apiece.

As for me, I'm pretty busy with life, so I doubt I'll be playing many games. I finished the challenge I was working on on my eshop RBY, and I haven't had a chance to trade my teams to a storage pack and start over like I planned to yet. I've also been playing AS before bed, mainly just leveling at Blissey bases for 10-15 minutes per night.

A few weeks ago, I started Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, which I would like to get back to at some point. I'm also attempting to force my way through Paper Mario: Sticker Star (third attempt, and the first time I've managed to make myself play past world 1; apparently, I really just don't like the game, but I keep hoping it'll get better...), and I've been playing TTYD again on and off for the past few months. I really want to start another Paper Mario (N64) playthrough on the virtual console version I picked up recently, but that keeps getting put on hiatus due to my schedule.

Years
  • I've been playing AS mostly, just doing shiny hunts and collecting pokemon like normal. I'm too hyped for Sun and Moon. I keep listening to the few songs in the soundtrack that are on Youtube. And I also watch live streams of shiny hunts too, really easy way to pass time while doing it yourself too.

Years
  • Honestly, I'm just doing what I normally do. As much as I'd like to get the games (and on time this go-round, instead of getting them a year or more later), I'm also not so excited for them that I need to do something else to prepare for them. I mean, I do want them, I might get excited closer to launch, but it's still a bit too far out right now for me to feel much.

That, and I feel like if I played something pokemon-related, I might accidentally burn myself out a bit before the games actually arrive. It's kind of happened with me and other game series before, oops. My focus levels are kind of weird like that.

But really, keeping up with the news and stuff at the moment seems to do the trick for me. :D

Back