• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sid Meier’s Civilization VI!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Civilization VI comes to Steam this Friday! Are any fans of the series here planning on getting it anytime soon?​

From the Steam page:
Civilization VI offers new ways to engage with your world: cities now physically expand across the map, active research in technology and culture unlocks new potential, and competing leaders will pursue their own agendas based on their historical traits as you race for one of five ways to achieve victory in the game.

EXPANSIVE EMPIRES:
See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.
ACTIVE RESEARCH:
Unlock boosts that speed your civilization's progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY:
Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
COMBINED ARMS:
Expanding on the "one unit per tile" design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful "Corps" units.
ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER:
In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.
A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS:
Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started.
Which Civ are you most excited to play as? There's a bunch of 2-minute videos here showcasing each Civ's strengths and specialties on their YouTube channel, if you want to take a look!

Years
Definitely looking forward to this game! I really like how they made it more cartoon-like, because when I was first starting Civ 5, I was a little overwhelmed with the more realistic graphics coupled with the relatively complex gameplay. I think this will allow a much greater focus on gameplay and allow the game to be more accessible. Some of the civ leaders look pretty interesting imo. Gandhi has changed a lot from his Civ 5 appearance:
Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I'll be holding off on it for now. Eventually I'll probably pick it up, but I have such a huge backlog of games that I want to try to get to before buying other games. I am excited though as I'm curious how the gameplay of it has changed, considering all I've seen thus far is the cinematic trailer that they first released a few months ago.

blue

gucci
Years
Probably not gonna buy this right away but I will at some stage. I never really played much of Civ V but I've spent countless hours on Civ IV which is probably one of my favourites games of all. I'll definitely give this one a try when I get the chance!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
wont' get it on launch, but planning to get it maybe in a month or so

still, so much hype! gonna main rome

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I've been asking around a fair bit, and it seems that the base game seems to be better/more thoroughly planned the vanilla Civ V was. But it's just the exorbitant price that puts me off playing this for the meanwhile. $99 NZD for the game itself and $125 NZD for the game + access to future DLC. Just way too much to consider investing in for the meanwhile. But I'm very excited to play this when the game does drop in price, or when I decide to bite the bullet and pay as is.

Years
I'm pretty hyped for when I eventually get this because I absolutely love Civ 5, but Civ games are crazy expensive so I'll probably wait until I can get it cheaper during a Steam sale or something.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm in the same boat here, I can't justify dropping $80 CAD on it yet, definitely going to wait for a sale first. If Austin hadn't gifted me Civ V I don't think I would have gotten it for myself either lol, but I do really love it.

Watching the negative reviews rise steadily on Steam right now though - along with a bunch of stray/scattered complaints, a lot of people seem to be in agreement that the AI is pretty poor in general/worse than Civ V's. Might see how it is after a few patches first anyway (and for the price to drop).

Years
Just don't piss off let Gandhi and let him become too 'peaceful' ohohohoho! $100 is a bit steep for a singular game title... what's worse is that initial release for several titles on PC don't fair too well and are a bit bumpy from the start. Hopefully it rolls over smoothly.

Years
I bought the game for the full price on release. As a base game, it is very impressive, it feels very different when you play and there is a lot of new stuff to learn. It is far better than Civ V was without DLC. In Civ V I could beat immortal but not deity, now I can only beat prince due to science. I like what they've done but it is hard to get used to and its nice knowing that the game will improve with expansion packs in later years. I would say to buy it for full price if you can put quite a lot of hours into it, but if you're fairly busy then waiting for a sale is probably the best thing to do. Or, play with friends and learn together.

Back