• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Gaming Soundtrack

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't think I could pick a single favorite, for either a track or a whole OST

too much good stuff out there

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Whenever this thread comes up here and across the internet, I always answer with the same thing; the Payday 2 soundtrack. Especially Full Force Forward.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • My favorite soundtrack easily goes to Black Mesa: Source. A soundtrack that can tell the story of the game in itself when listened to in order! The other thing that blows me away is this was made for free. No payment just an expression of love for a favorite series(Though he does get paid for it now, I guess)! Really looking forward for the inevitable new tracks to release when the Xen section of the game does! I have a feeling its going to be something crazy.

Here's a random track. Also happens to be the most recently made

I also have to acknowledge EC's post too, as PAYDAY 2's soundtrack is just something else especially when in the middle of a firefight.

Honorable mention to Halo series

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I absolutely love game music, so I have plenty of favorites that are hard to choose between. Some notable ones will follow here.

- Chrono Trigger
    There's too much pure gold here. The melodies are amazing and the choices of sounds and instruments (or what to call it lol) gives the perfect atmosphere for every situation in the game.

Spoiler:

- Little Big Adventure 2
    The amazing creativity with music here is so underrated. Listen to this and say it's not great, I dare you.

Spoiler:

- World of Warcraft
    Say what you want about the gameplay or the players, but the music of WoW is simply undeniably fantastic. My favorite game soundtrack of all times.

Spoiler:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Most of the Super Smash Bros. series soundtrack. There's so much music, that it's practically impossible to pick a single favorite, though some of my most favorites are Duck Hunt Medley, Air Man Stage, and Stickerbrush Symphony.

And to a certain extent, this:

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yearnings of the Wind (aka Wind Scene) from Chrono Trigger, this music remind me of many things happened in the Middle Ages or 600 AD, mainly Frog and Magus story.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    latest

Snake Eater, hands down. Although FF6 and Pokemon G/S get special mentions

Years
  • Really love Skyrim's sountrack, as well as Emerald's and a throwback to Super Mario Galaxy, I loved the music in that game.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I love the music from Xenoblade Chronicles:

Spoiler:

Ranging from dynamic to just beautiful, I think this is hard to top. <33

Music from the Persona Games are really cool too:

Spoiler:

They also come up with really good music, even with lyrics. ^^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I know people love to hate on it for being overrated, but honestly I do find Undertale's soundtrack really good. It's really impressive when I think about how few people work on these indie soundtracks but they can still totally hold their own against the big guys - another example would be To The Moon. Maybe not a very traditional "gaming" soundtrack but it's so beautiful.

For AAA games, a couple favorites have already been mentioned, but I'll highlight some of my Square Enix faves because I always find their music great - FFVII/Crisis Core and FFX are definitely up there, but I also really liked TWEWY just because it was so catchy and captured the overall aesthetic and theme of the game so well. It's really JPop-y, which usually isn't my thing but it just matches the game's setting so well.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Chrono Cross is always my answer to these types of questions. It nurtured my love of video game music since playing it years ago as a kid. That being said, I'm a big fan of Suikoden, Paper Mario, Grandia, Xenosaga, Ys, Nier, and countless others in terms of their music.

A few samples:

Chrono Cross

Spoiler:

Suikoden

Spoiler:

Paper Mario

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I know people love to hate on it for being overrated, but honestly I do find Undertale's soundtrack really good. It's really impressive when I think about how few people work on these indie soundtracks but they can still totally hold their own against the big guys
    oh my GOD how could I not mention Undertale
    Toby Fox is just a musical genius, and the melodies he used and the way he composed and used music in his game was just spot on. Say what you want of Undertale as a game (but it is an indie game so don't be too harsh, world) but the music is absolutely top class.

These are my favorite tracks:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    There are a good chunk of really good OSTs. Don't know what single one I'd say is my favorite.

Some games with one of my favorite OSTs are Xenoblade, Chrono Cross, Radiant Historia and Final Fantasy VI.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Yess, it's definitely one of those OSTs where I can just listen to the whole thing beginning to end and actually enjoy every track. Really hard to pick favorites but Asgore's theme is definitely up there for me too :')

Years
  • I love Fire Emblem Conquest's A Dark Fall too.<33

I think Fates is another favourite gaming soundtrack of mine; especially with tracks like this:

Spoiler:

That was one of the better OSTs in that game as well. As good as the "Don't speak her name" (?) in Awakening, maybe even better.

Back