• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Soldier is pretty good because not only he's a good offender but he's also a backup healer if there's no one playing as Mercy or any other healer.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Soldier is pretty good because not only he's a good offender but he's also a backup healer if there's no one playing as Mercy or any other healer.

Agreed! I might go with him and Pharah so; Soldier I was using a lot in 3v3, and me and my friend were raking in a lot of wins that way so happy days.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Agreed! I might go with him and Pharah so; Soldier I was using a lot in 3v3, and me and my friend were raking in a lot of wins that way so happy days.

The only thing I get pissy about with him - and other self healers as well - is when they take med packs from other people when they need it. This is sort of why I wish more people would toggle on the health bars for your teammates so this selfishness can be avoided /:

Leviathan

Years
  • The only thing I get pissy about with him - and other self healers as well - is when they take med packs from other people when they need it. This is sort of why I wish more people would toggle on the health bars for your teammates so this selfishness can be avoided /:

Yessss that's a small gripe I have too actually? Especially if I'm like clinging to life and go near a health pack but oh no, a slippery tracer zips past me and the grabs the health instead when she's barely taken any damage. Honestly, I'm glad they brought in that see ally health bars option, but I must admit I do need to pay more attention to them, haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I can agree with that, some Soldier players don't get the fact that they can actually heal themselves. Since I started playing Soldier I barely even touched a health pack.

Leviathan

Years
  • Mmm I love when I'm playing with a friend of mine and we're in a match where let's say we have a Mercy but she's pocket healing one character all the time. I can just yell to my friend then in team chat if she can put down the healing pod. Haha.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I just realized something. Should the current PTR changes/nerfs to Ana, D.Va, and Roadhog come to the next update on the live servers, i feel that the tank meta that the game currently has will definitely be tamed and we'd have more 2-2-2 setups (2 Supps, 2 DPS, 2 Tanks). Just a thought. Though i felt that maybe many, myself included, are kinda overreacting to the future D.Va Armor and Health changes. Now that I thought about it, sure D.Va won't be as bulky should those changes go live, but ultimately, given the context of said changes, they may be best for the game. I mean, D.Va will still have much of her strengths.

Or maybe, as I've also read and talked about to some of my friends, its going to be fun to play DPS heroes again, especially for McCree mains out there. We don't have to be shooting at a tank 70000 times with our revolvers when there would be less tanks to worry about.

Ana will still be a pick in the game regardless if the changes to her heal bomb. Her kit is just way too good to be passed over.

Leviathan

Years
  • If this is the downfall of the tank meta then I'm all for it. Games are so boring for me when you're effectively facing 3 tanks and 3 healers.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • If this is the downfall of the tank meta then I'm all for it. Games are so boring for me when you're effectively facing 3 tanks and 3 healers.

You're facing 3 healers at a time? I feel like most of the time when you go against 3 healers you can actually counterbalance that pretty well without matching it toe-for-toe.

Leviathan

Years
  • Yeah I always have a rough time if there's three healers on the other team. Back when quick play allowed for duplicate picks it was pretty much gg for me and my friends with two lucios, and a mercy on the other team. :( Gotta work on my flanking skills I guess!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Year of the Rooster? Its definitely the Year of the Cock.

And I simply can't wait for all of the changes to push through since to be frank, I've been enjoying the game slightly less with all these tanks. I mean sure, Reaper mains could enjoy killing tanks left and right. Oh wait, he can't because D.Va at the current state of the game doesn't ever die.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • That new D.Va skin makes me want to spend my hard earned savings to get enough credits for a billion loot boxes.

More Doomfist news is also needed btw

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I played a little bit of the Capture the Flag mode just now. Am I the only one who went through so many draws? I know it's barely the first day, but do you think there should be some sort of a change in the game mechanics?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    So is Roadhog insanely good to anyone else now? I'm finally enjoying playing him knowing that when I hook someone they won't go flying past me or stop 4 feet in front of me for whatever reason.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The CTF mode in this game is incredible. Fast paced, and it doesn't feel like a chore to play (looking at you, Halo CTF).

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • So is Roadhog insanely good to anyone else now? I'm finally enjoying playing him knowing that when I hook someone they won't go flying past me or stop 4 feet in front of me for whatever reason.
    I'm happy that they updated Roadhog and his hook, but he was definitely better prepatch just because of the drag of his hook. Case and point with what I was able to do the other day haha: https://twitter.com/elheroeoscuro/status/824681742644682754
    >tumblr fatties mad that a character lost weight

Why are people like this?
    Was there an update to a character where they look thinner?
    The CTF mode in this game is incredible. Fast paced, and it doesn't feel like a chore to play (looking at you, Halo CTF).
    Its a good vanilla CTF for sure. The devs talked about how they wanted to do CTF even before the launch of Overwatch, and the cool thing is that it seems that Capture the Rooster will be staying as an Arcade mode once the event is over!

Back