• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • CtF is garbage imo. No balance and nearly impossible to beat a few hero combos.

Mei is thicc, but she was also wearing a parka in her original skin and this is clearly a thinner outfit. I've never thought she was large; just costumed in a very thick outfit to fit her cold theme.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • CtF is garbage imo. No balance and nearly impossible to beat a few hero combos.

Mei is thicc, but she was also wearing a parka in her original skin and this is clearly a thinner outfit. I've never thought she was large; just costumed in a very thick outfit to fit her cold theme.

How do you think they should shake it up in a future update to make the game mode feel more balanced? I remember the devs talked about in their most recent update that they looked at disabling advantages of some heroes (such as Winston's jump, which they said he would drop the flag if he tried to jump across the map) but thought that would ruin the feel of the game.

IMO, what if they did two things to make it feel more balanced: 1.) expand the size of the maps and 2.) allow the creation of "defenses." For instance, let's say you can build/capture turret points around the map. This way you can have some kind of counterattack to characters like Winston, Sombra, Tracer, Soldier, etc. who may be able to travel from point A to point B super easily.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=388508

Overwatch 1v1 tournament on PC (idk if all of you have it for PC, just tagged some that hadn't specified as well).

There also seems to be a handful of PS4 players if you guys wanted to organize a tournament too!

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=388508

Overwatch 1v1 tournament on PC (idk if all of you have it for PC, just tagged some that hadn't specified as well).

There also seems to be a handful of PS4 players if you guys wanted to organize a tournament too!

Thanks for the heads up, Klippo! I've been wanting a tourney for like...ever. I'll also be sure to add you to my battle.net thing later too. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Rose Tracer, Palaquin D.va, Chang'e Mei & Sanzang Zenyatta. Yours?
    Definitely Rose Tracer and the skin for Reinhardt. I never liked the skins for Reinhardt - give me a Dark Souls crossover skin and I'd buy it in a heartbeat haha - but when I saw that epic skin I knew I needed it. Thankfully the loot box gods worked in my favor (Tracer's didn't and I had bought loot boxes thinking that the event ended yesterday when it actually ends next week RIP my wallet.)

Can we talk about Roadhog's skin for a second? That's a pig mask he's wearing, you can see it stitched at the neck. This means he decapitated, gutted, and stitched the head of a pig on him...that's absolutely bananas haha.
    Sunset Ilios on the PTR makes me almost wanna play CTF.
    What's changed in this PTR? CTF is going to Ilios now?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years

• They basically redid custom games and added CTF for all KOTH maps, but they changed it so Lijiang is in daytime, Ilios sunset and Nepal night. Oasis didn't get an alternative format though.

Groovy. I just finished watching the video and while I don't know how much use of it I'll have in terms of the added customizations, any added support is good support. However, depending on how well this OW event will go, this will definitely give us an unlimited usage of different cool customizable game modes if we do choose. So I'm happy.

I feel like the "we listened to your feedback and chose to expand CTF" is kindove a farse. I'm no dev expert, but I feel like if they are expanding from 3 maps by adding 9 more that would have been something in the pipeline that they had been working on for awhile now. Less than two weeks seems like too little time to do this if they are just reacting to feedback now you know?

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • i've had terrible luck with the loot boxes, only gotten zenyatta and winston's one so far. i think

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • i've had terrible luck with the loot boxes, only gotten zenyatta and winston's one so far. i think

Lol I had insane luck at the beginning of the event and now I'm back to my normal bad luck.

I wanted all the Roadhog event stuff really bad when the even pat started, so I got my weekly loot boxes, opened all three of them and got the skin, victory pose, highlight intro, and voice line immediately. Since then I only got Mercy's skin, Ana's creepy skin, and a bunch of other stuff I don't care about.

Winter

Years
  • I really want Ana's skin even though I am bad on her but it's just so frightful I love it

Winter

Years
  • I finally got D.Va's event skin lol

Haven't tried the new Bastion yet, forgot it was reworked O:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • So have any of you PC people played the new Bastion yet? What do you make of it
    Do you know if this has hit live on consoles yet? Or is it something still going on for PC in PTR?
    omg I bought Ana's skin in the end because I LOVE it!

I've not played in a little while, hopefully taking him for a spin this weekend!
    Combine Ana's new skin with the sleeping POTG vid and you're in for a creepy treat.
    I finally got D.Va's event skin lol

Haven't tried the new Bastion yet, forgot it was reworked O:
    Have you gotten the new D.va emote as well? Cause that's probably one of the best skin+emote combos in the game imo (:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Nah it's still in the PTR, it'll probably be in the next patch for the console though, or the one after

Palaquin D.va with her bow emote is awesome. I use that as my default emote - another combo that I love is Ghoul Ana with Candy

I missed out on my chance to get the Candy emote for Ana ): I wish there was some kind of way you could buy those emotes after the event ended. Obviously it shouldn't be available right away bc everyone wouldn't buy loot boxes, but if it was available after...four, six months for purchase I would be a happy gamer.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yeah, I was trying to save up for Mercy's halloween skin (3000 for it) now I may have to wait for it to come back next year when they do a halloween event again. I really wanted it so badly!

Back