• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you focus on one game at a time?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you play one thing until you finish, or do you switch around and play several things?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If I'm playing something like a long RPG or just anything with a story, I'll usually want to sink all my time into that until I finish it. But I feel like the older I get, the shorter my attention span for games is, and I find myself jumping between games a lot these days, and preferring "low commitment" games with no story, like Hearthstone or L4D2 (well, there's a bit of story there, but no one is playing it for the story, lol) that are easy to hop in and hop out.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I will go through spurts of putting all my free time into a certain game, especially with new releases, then I'll bounce around with my normal games until I get bit by the next bug.

Right now the bug is playing TES V with the Beyond Skyrim: Bruma mod (It's the second most fantastic mod for skyrim, check that shit out! (The first is Inigo)).

After I get my fill, I'll be back to ARMA III, Insurgency/Day of Infamy, Space Engineers, Garry's Mod, etc and so fourth.

What I hate is when I get bit by the bug for a game that's not out yet, and play no other games because I only want to play X unreleased game even if it's still years away. OverHypeSyndrome.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I swap multiplayer games around depending on how I'm feeling, but I usually stick with a singleplayer game until I beat it.

TY

I jump between them like no tomorrow, especially multiplayer games.

Single player games or campaigns i like to sit through for a long time till I finish it

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I'd probably finish a lot more games if I did stick to one at a time, but I just can't do it for some reason, lol. I mean, I'm playing Soul Hackers on 3DS, Uncharted 4 on the PS4, and even dusted off my PS2 to play Dragon Quest VIII again.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I used to be able to focus on one game at a time, however now I jujmp between games which play differently e.g. a bit on a RPG then I switch to arcade / action type game to change the mood.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Yeah I tend to play multiple things at once over the course of a few months until I beat/retire a game. Right now I'm in the middle of Oddysey, Skyrim, FE: Warriors, New Leaf (always in and out of New Leaf).

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • When I play a game, I tend to plunge right into it, so I'll usually only play a title or two at one time. However, I've been known for "breaking" from games before completing them, which tends to happen if I get into something else before getting the chance to finish. In this period, I do sometimes pick up new titles, but will focus on that instead and allow it to monopolise my gaming time.

I'm usually playing Pokémon Go as well, but yeah. Apart from that, I tend to stick with one (or 2) at a time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm super bad and can't stick to one game for too long if it's story based (8 Over the past months, I've been playing a lot of LoL because once a game is over it's over and it's a good way for me to stress down and not think about life for a while lmao. For some, story based games probably do that very well too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I wish I could say that I stick to one game until I finish it and then go to the next game. But unfortunately I have like four games sitting at the final dungeon/chapter/what have it because that just seems to be a thing that I do and it bugs the hell out of my sister haha.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I try to focus on one per console, but may swap between a few for various reasons (e.g. multiplayer sessions of a game, new game coming out, etc.).

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I focus on one game at a time. My attention can be spent on this one game while not worrying about my progress on anything else. Only when the credits roll do I move on to another.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I do play many games at a time, but it is true that I "focus" more on one. I can play 2 or 3 games but there is one I will play more often or for a longer time.

Back