• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] =^w^= The Litter Box =^w^= (a cat lovers club)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've got a soft spot in my heart for Ragdolls and Norwegian Forest Cats, personally! <333

But I can fall in love with any cat regardless of breed too. n_n

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Exotics are my guilty pleasure <3 super cute if healthy, and from what I've seen the ultra kind temperament of Persians.

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Name/Nickname: Jules
Name(s) of your cat(s): Artemis
Picture(s) of your cat(s): oh gee I don't know if I have any pict-

Attachments

• 20180808_075411.jpg
    20180808_075411.jpg
    919.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180425_173853.jpg
    20180425_173853.jpg
    860.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-878774230.jpg
    Snapchat-878774230.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-1595067559.jpg
    Snapchat-1595067559.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-812603182.jpg
    Snapchat-812603182.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 4
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
And now that my introduction is out of the way I just wanted to say this is an amazing thread and it has cured my depression entirely. Guess psychologists were wrong, it really is that easy.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I don't have any cats, but I do like them, have a cat like dog, am a MAJOR Hello Kitty fan (will you count that?), and cats were generally my favorite animals as a little girl (especially cuz they had a lot of traits i found admirable...xD like always knowing who they are and where they stand in life ^_^ i was a VERY insecure child, so i really valued how strong these animals appeared as to me.....for all i know, they could even be a major reason why i've grown up to love and respect cute things so much xD).

May I please join? :3 Plus it might be fun to learn about other peoples cats.

Name/Nickname: LadyJirachu

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Have a cozycat

How are your cats today?? Have you brushed them? :3

Spoiler:

Years
what a fluffy precious cutie....

I should brush my gray kitty daily tbh, she's been shedding a lot since it's so hot. She loves the brush so much too, will rub her face against it and everything! it's supa cute

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So for those of you who don't know, I volunteered at a cat rescue shelter for a very long time. And I was just randomly looking through my phone today and found pictures of some of the cuties that I fell in love with most. Of course, I wanted to take every single one of them home but couldn't. So I did my best to make sure they were happy and played with and as comfortable as possible. Easily one of my most favorite jobs ever. Here's a snapshot of just some of few that brought joy to my heart.

Warning, some of the images are very low quality due to them either being afraid of the camera or they had bars / glass / objects in the way.
Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Hello I'm Hyzenthlay and I've fallen madly in love with everyone's cats! Too much precious, must kidnap.

Name/Nickname: You can call me either Hyzen or Clover :)
Name(s) of your cat(s): N/A *sob* Previous cats were called Stumpy, Billabong, Bessy/Bestette, and Yoko!
Picture(s) of your cat(s): I have... maybe two of Stumpy. The others are missing atm. :'c Anyway, here's a photo of Stumps, bless her! <3

More about me! I've always had the greatest fondness for felines, to an extent that would weird out anyone who isn't a cat lover! I'm even hoping to build a collection of porcelain cats. :) I adore all breeds (and moggies too), whether they be fluffpots, goofballs, hairless, fat, sleek, or grumpy. Offer me a winner of the Ugliest Cat contest, and I'll still swoon! ♥

The story of my previous cats (apart from Stumpy) is long and painfully sad, so I won't burden anyone with it. I'll just talk about my good memories of them, beginning with Stumpy!

Stumpy was a moggie with qualities reminiscent of a Maine Coone. She was so called for her little stump of a tail, the fur of which was long and fanned out, and it'd look so cute when she flicked it. Due to this deformity however, the owners were intending to drown her as a kitten! This was before I was born, but my mum had the heart to save the poor dear. Apparently Stumpy was quite the noisy troublemaker in her youth! :')

Growing up, she was like a nanny to me; stern, but with a kindly warmth, always keeping watch. She seemed to have a sense of knowing when I was sad, and would always cuddle against me, purring, in order to cheer me up. Even though my siblings and I harmlessly teased her as children (there were countless funny moments), she'd forgive us every time! And at Christmas, she behaved uncharacteristically kitten-like, making happy "mrow-mrow-mrow!" sounds and dancing around the presents, snuggling everyone! She was also very fussy and constantly changed her preferences, as cats do. xD

Stumps was highly intelligent but terrified of strangers! If anyone she wasn't familiar with rocked up, she'd tore through the house and hide where no-one could find her! Sometimes she'd disappear in the bush for days on end. Anyway, there's one particular thing I could never get my head around... she had this scary sixth sense of knowing who was coming up the driveway. As in, she could guess the person in the car without them even being close. You'd expect her to flee at an unfamiliar vehicle, no matter the driver. But somehow she always knew exactly who was in it, remaining calm if she recognised them. Haha, I swear cats are psychic.

Ah, but all this was a while ago now. Stumpy passed away in August 2014, at eighteen and a half years old. Until that time, she never had trouble with her health, and had only been to the vet once. Thankfully the days preceding her departure were warm, sunny and full of birdsong. She liked that. Bless you, Stumps. You'll always come alive in my memories. <33

Traits:
  • Stumpy loved nothing more than sleeping by the heater or in the sun
  • She often walked into glass doors
  • She hated other cats, especially those with long tails
  • She was scared/jealous of other animals and ran for dear life from a friendly guinea pig (who thought Stumpy was her mum lmao)
  • She didn't like being picked up
  • Was comically grumpy-looking in her old age
  • Never locked eyes with you
  • Went crazy and made Puss in Boots eyes whenever meat was cooking
  • If you were lucky, she'd sit on your lap or your bed and sleep
  • Would always find a way inside in order to leave us a nice "present" when we were away (usually between the floorboards or on my mum's best blouse)
  • Acted like a giant weight was on top of her if you so much as placed a leaf or a pebble on her back xD
  • Sometimes her tongue would stay poking out when she groomed herself
  • Had the heart of a thousand lions. Well, scaredy-cat lions, but still

Years
Jo, those pictures absolutely melt my heart.

@Clover: What a precious kitty....and I'm of course sorry to read about your previous cats. ; ; Eighteen is quite a lot for a cat, we got my oldest in '05 or '06 and he just passed recently. Stumpy definitely had a great life with you. <3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Do you guys ever take your cats outside on a leash?

I take Missy out to let her eat grass and get fresh air.

Bailey a cat we had before we had to put him down I swear he was part dog. I use to take him outside all the time and I live downtown before moving and would take him to the parade every year and people loved seeing him. People weren't use to seeing a cat and he'd be the talk of the parade.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Do you guys ever take your cats outside on a leash?

I take Missy out to let her eat grass and get fresh air.

Bailey a cat we had before we had to put him down I swear he was part dog. I use to take him outside all the time and I live downtown before moving and would take him to the parade every year and people loved seeing him. People weren't use to seeing a cat and he'd be the talk of the parade.

Cats on a leash. You deserve a medal because Cat owners where I live certainly don't care where they go if let out of the house. We had two neighborhood Cats that would invade our front yard and backyard to do their "business" while attacking the various birds that like to visit the birdbath and Hummingbird feeders. One day we found one of our Hummingbird feeders on the ground broken so the fact you put your Cats on a leash... kudos to you.

Years
Any tips for handling a curious cat when they find a place to perch that is not so good for them?

My Totoro has adjusted beautifully to his new home. He is affectionate, surrounded by toys and loves water, fascinated with the fountain at home and even just running water in the kitchen sink. He gives a friendly leg rub to every guest and even has a polite relationship with the family dog and will sleep near him. He enjoys batting my Pyrenees Prince's tail around with his paws as if it is a fish dangling from a rod. My big cat is a sucker for a dog's wagging tail.

Like all cats he likes to climb up on top of stuff. There are plenty of places that are safe for him to go like on top of my bed for a rest, but his eye is fixed on my nightstand and he is determined to find a seat on it daily. I have taken away as many valuables as I can, safely storing them so he can't get to them and break them, though it it pained me to keep my beautiful porcelain dolls now locked behind cabinets out of his reach since I loved to have them all around my room and play with them.

However, there are some things like a table lamp that I do kinda have to keep in plain sight so that they can function. I hold my breath as my kitty cat attempts to conquers these areas reguatly. I tell Totoro no, pick him up and take him down consistently and try to find him another area of the home to play or distract him with a toy. However, this is not a complete solution, its not uncommon for him to try to get right back up 1 minute later after he was taken away from a place he wanted to be. He's a stubborn boy.

Tonight he jumped on my table and knocked over my laptop. Fortunately I kept it stored in a padded case so it should be okay, but still I need a new plan.

I read that there were certain scents like lavender and rosemary that cats didn't care for, and adding them to an area that you want to keep safe would deter them. I tried that, picking vases full of herbs from my garden,but Totorro just hopped up on the table and ate the herbs!

Some say aluminum foil placed over the surface will keep a kitty away because their paws will no be comfortable with this odd texture, but that isn't my cat for sure! He actively seeks aluminum foil from the kitchen and has managed to claw open rolls of foils and play with the sheets.

I know that some people spritz cats with water for undesired behavior, but I don't want him to become afraid of me so I don't like this idea. I want to be as patient as I can. I also don't think it would even work because my baby adores water.

This is clever, busybody cat who can figure out how to open doors with his dexterous little paws. Does anyone have any advice to offer to allow the cat to move but help us decrease the chances for accidents? Anything.

Years
My Totoro has adjusted beautifully to his new home. He is affectionate, surrounded by toys and loves water, fascinated with the fountain at home and even just running water in the kitchen sink. He gives a friendly leg rub to every guest and even has a polite relationship with the family dog and will sleep near him. He enjoys batting my Pyrenees Prince's tail around with his paws as if it is a fish dangling from a rod.

This is absolutely precious! I'm so happy to hear!!

I've never experienced what it was like to have a proper socialized, indoor-born and raised cat. My previous cat was found outdoors and stayed 98% outdoors until his passing, same with the cat before that. My current older female is indoors but was born outside and still shows shyness and is quick to hide at unfamiliar things or people.

but man this kitten is so social haha. first time I've had a cat climb on the kitchen table and lick things like cheese, since my other cats have always stuck to their canned or dry food. she almost ate a chopped peanut that fell from my candy apple and i was like...@_@

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Cats will always be eternally fascinating.

Even bad effects like the one in my sig.

No cats in my household, but that doesn't mean I don't have a lot in my life, like this little guy down the street:

Last edited:
Years
omg I love him !
Lots of feral cats where I live and some are incredibly fluffy and cute (though I love all cats). do you guys have ferals in your neighborhood?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
The funny thing is most of our cats we have found outside and they have been indoor cats. The only time they would go outside is if I took them out on a leash.

Years
that is good. <3 I do not let my cats go outdoors. My adult girl used to go out but came back two years ago one day with a horrendous flea infestation that took us months to eradicate, so never again. Nowadays she is indoors-only but I still give her Advantage every month just in case she sneaks out somehow. Plus it makes me feel better since those memories still horrify me lol.

Years
I just found the cure to get my kitty cat to relax when he is hyper and wants to hang from the blinds, dance on table tops and sing a loud operatic tenor of meows. My boy loves this music. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BvX2w48xcNo

I have tried a lot of these music channels for cats and he didn't respond to any of them until I found this one. He just loves this sing, after it plays for a few moments I always find him hopping up on my bed and curled up beside me fast asleep. This is his lullaby.

Years
I'm going to give that music a try when mom is done vacuuming! lol
Kitten is being insanely hyper and won't sleep :<

Some people wanted to see updated photos of my kitten (who is four months old now), so I took some btw:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back