• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They're As Cold As Ice (Alolan Sandslah vs Alolan Ninetales)

Which Pokémon Is Your Choice?

• Total voters

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The Alola games introduced two Alolan forms of beloved Kanto Pokemon, Sandslash and Ninetales, and they were both made into ice types! Sandslash became Ice/Steel, while Ninetales became Ice/Fairy.

So the simple question for this poll is; which one is your favorite?

I'm going to go with Sandslash, because the typing is cool, and the design with all the spiky icicles is awesome.

Years
  • i like alolan ninetales a bit more. imo, i like ninetales a bit more. competitively, both are nightmares to use since they both have 4x weakness but Sandslash got the worst of the two. because of ice/steel, well, obviously, it won't have much fun against fighting types and fire types. at least ninetales only has one. but personally, i appreciate sandslash's badass design. and ninetales' regal design is 10/10.

Years
  • Steel and Ice are arguably my two favorite types, so Sandslash should be my pick, but I fell in love with Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales from the first time I saw them. On their own they're both Pokemon I love, but my vote has to go to Ninetales here.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Having not really used either I think I prefer Ninetales just because of overall design and creativity even if it's new shiny form isn't very unique.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think Alolan Sandslash has a pretty interesting/clever design, certainly more interesting than its original form, but I prefer Ninetales as well!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I love both of them but I'd have to go with Alolan Ninetales. How could I not after SOS Hunting for a Shiny one for my team .

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Havent voted on this and honestly I can't freaking decide because I love both of them... like seriously. I suppose if I had to give the edge, it'd be Vulpix because Vulpix is love, Vulpix is life!!!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • It's honestly a tie between them because they're both great Pokémon, so well designed in my opinion, with excellent typings. But despite owning Moon, I did get my sister to send over Alolan Vulpix for a reason! It's gorgeous. Nintetales gets my vote!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I like Alolan Sandslash, I really do. It was a much needed update to a somewhat mediocre Pokemon.

But.........

latest

How can you not LOVE this gorgeous foxy friend!?!?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ninetales. Mostly because I don't like the design of A-Sandslash much ahha, while Ninetales looks amazing :3

Years
  • I fell it love with Alolan Ninetales ever since I've seen it, so I'll give my vote to it.

But I like Alolan Sandslash more and more and can't wait to shiny hunt it in my SQB Challenge in Ultra Moon.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I like Alolan Sandslash, I really do. It was a much needed update to a somewhat mediocre Pokemon.

But.........

latest

How can you not LOVE this gorgeous foxy friend!?!?

*Cough* Alolan Ninetales (Ice/Fairy) <- that's why you voted for it no?

Cid

Years
  • I gotta vote for the underdog here, my boy Coldsteel the Hedgehog. I've always liked Sandslash better than Ninetales, and both of their Alolan variants were designed well enough that my preference carried over. It is undeniable that Alolan Ninetales is better in USUM OU, though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Has to be Alolan Ninetales for me. I liked Ninetales to begin with, and while Snaslash is also cool it's a distinct second for me.

Back