• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
Years
  • Mine was kind of a vent piece, and loosely (very, very loosely) based on events that happened to me a couple years ago. The magic kind of took a back stage to the story as it wasn't really the central theme but i didn't really join this competition to win it in the first place, mostly just 'cause I could.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Whichever way we come, the important thing is we all have reasons to write.

I have been considering the idea, given how much good reception my three concepts for stories to submit to this contest had among my usual followers and beta readers, that I might be picking one of those two wannabe-entries and publish them as a companion story after I publish the SWC entry. That means more work for me, of course, but at least I won't be fighting a deadline :p

Anyone else of you had more than one candidate concept to go with for this contest? Would be nice to hear of the general ideas. If that's allowed.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I dont really want to reveal too much about my story until the judges have read it. But I used the first idea I had in my mind, although I did change the ending as I wrote it.

Bay

Years
  • Hey everybody, so all four judges have finished scoring the entries and give their feedback! Now, before we begin, a couple announcements:

-countryemo's entry is accepted, but because they turned in their entry several hours late after the extended deadline, each judge deducted 3 points each, making it a total deduction of 12 points.
    -We have a tie for Twelfth Place!

Ok, now to the placings!

Untitled, Nothing, but maybe a Rom Hacker [Fourteenth Place]- 29 points

Spoiler:

Untitled, BadSheep [Thirteenth Place]- 46 points
    Spoiler:

Untitled, RedBallon [Twelfth Place Tie]- 47 points
    Spoiler:

Untitled,, Countryemo [Twelfth Place Tie]- 47 points
    (12 point deduction for late submission)

Spoiler:

Untitled, Abby [Tenth Place]- 55 points
    Spoiler:

Untitled, Chr Draco [Ninth Place]- 60 points
    Spoiler:

Recknoning, LilithSilver[Eight Place]-63 points
    Spoiler:

Our Bond, Cyaloom [Seventh Place]- 70 points
    Spoiler:

Extraordinary, Forever [Sixth Place]- 73 points
    Spoiler:

Flowers in Bloom, Salazorrah [Fifth Place]-75 points
    Spoiler:

The Magician's Daughter, Winter [Fourth Place]- 94 points
    Spoiler:

The Road Never Taken, Aisu [Third Place]- 96 points
    Spoiler:

Simpler Than Magic, Venia Silente [Second Place]- 103 points
    Spoiler:

The Magician of Ilex Forest, icomeanon6 [First Place]- 117 points
    Spoiler:

And that's all the placings! Now, this is how the points for houses will be disturbed:

-iceomeanon6 wins first place, making it 150 points for House Gloria!
    Venia Silente wins second place, making it 100 points for House Vestigo!
    -Aisu wins third place, making it 75 points for House Vestigo!
    -Everyone else gets 15 points for participating!

Congrats to icomeanon6, Venia Silente, and Aisu for getting placed, and to everyone else that participated! This has been a fun round of stories the judges and I have taken the pleasure to read. See you next year!

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • :D :D :D :D

Huge thanks to the judges for hosting and getting back to us so quickly! Hope everyone here appreciates what a special effort it takes to review so many stories in just one week.

And a big thanks to everyone who wrote this year, too! 14 entries in September is phenomenal, and frankly inspiring. It's such a busy time of year, and to see so many PC-ers somehow find the time to write a story is just awesome.

Congrats to Venia and Aisu for getting 2nd and 3rd! Looking forward to reading your entries. :)

I'm going to go post mine in the Fan Fiction and Writing forum, now, and you should too! Remember to put "[SWC]" in your thread title so we know where to look!

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Whoa, second place! That's honestly impressive. Its the highest a rush job has gotten me in life!

I am a bit surprised that the entry was found quite well matching to the prompt, as I had to do some dancing around for things to work. Anyway, congratulations are in order to all contestants, very big ones to icomeanon6 for scoring this contest 1st place as well.

From what I am reading of the judges' impressions, I am interested in reading Winter's, Salazorrah's and LilithSilver's entries in particular once they are published.

As for myself, I am going to carry out some minor edits in the story before publishing, with the adequate [SWC] prefix of course. I expect to have it ready Monday. After that, I'll hopefully work on publishing another of the potential submissions I had that didn't make the cut.

Good work everyone, and thanks to the judges and staff for continuing the contest one more year.

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • thanks for the critique, i really appreciate it. I initially wanted to expand the story a bit, and the original concept for the story was supposed to be for a multi-chapter thing, but unfortunately I actually started writing it a bit late (and the rules said no multi-chaptered entries, so I converted it to one-shot form instead) and so i wasn't able to put as much detail as I would have wanted. I really appreciate the views that all of the judges have given, though, and I'll make sure to put a few explanations when i post it to the creative writing forum : D

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I didn't mean to be late, so apologies. I read the extension and forgot about time differences. My story was a bit rushed as I was trying to get into the extended deadline, that and I've never been good at a full fledged story. The cliffhanger was intential, reminds me of the show Angel, and so was the family experiement, ala Torchwood. Thank you all for the critiques, hopefully I'll write some short stories throughout the next year so the next entry is a bit better. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back