• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • I'm finishing up my second major event right now. Ill have three major events, each one for each part of the story- beginning, middle, and end.

Years
  • Submitted though admittedly not one of my best since it was sorta a rush job between classes. I'll just quietly take my L now.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Submitted though admittedly not one of my best since it was sorta a rush job between classes. I'll just quietly take my L now.
    I wouldn't write yourself off just yet. Every winning submission every year is at least some kind of rush-job--that just comes with the territory of a one-week contest. It's all about who does the best job at scraping something together in a hurry.

(Also, don't forget that you can re-submit with revisions up until the deadline if you find more time.)

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Alas, it has not been possible for me to advance much with the story I am writing. Am already tired enough when coming home from work, and as a result I can't come up with the material to connect and glue the scenes I have. So at the moment, it's not a fic but an assortment of drabbles.

Will see what can I do tomorrow, but most of my energy will be saved to optimize for the weekend in case there is a deadline extension.

If I can't make it for the contest, I can just save the story for some other time.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The deadline has unfortunately rejected me despite my numerous advances, mind games, and provocative finger dancing. I was able to churn out about half of the whole story that I wanted to bring to the table, but seeing as how the deadline is nearing and I've a number of chores to do before I go back to work on Saturday I now most definitely won't be able to knock out the other half of it until after the competition is already over.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hi. PMed. Left it was a to be continued thing so it was up to the readers to decide what they thought of it.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    I've sent my own story! I love deadlines, don't I? Please have mercy, English is not even my first language
    Also, my story is about 1500 words.

Last edited:

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • Quick question that will decide if I can submit or not, what is the official stance on written violence, as long as it isn't overly graphic? Such as depictions of blood, or something.

Bay

Years
  • Quick question that will decide if I can submit or not, what is the official stance on written violence, as long as it isn't overly graphic? Such as depictions of blood, or something.

Some violence/mentions of blood is fine, so I think you should be good.

Ok, so we're a little over an hour until the deadline, folks! However, I'm discussing with the judges atm to see if an extension by a few hours is needed. I'll let you guys know if the deadline has been extended!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to ask if you guys want an extension. If so, let me know!

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Aaaaaand... sent!

It's not my favorite thing I've ever written, but I feel pretty good about it. 5,071 words, since we seem to be sharing wordcounts. If it puts everyone's minds at ease, I've never noticed much of a correlation between wordcount and placement over the years. There have been entries shorter than 2,000 and longer than 10,000 that have gotten high marks before.

I'm not going to use an extension, but it's no skin off my nose if it's granted. If it means more entries, I'm all for it.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • My story has been sent to all four judges and also to myself before this post (posted at 11:58 EDT). There shouldn't be any issues with y'all receiving my story as a result. :D

I hope my grammar in the dialogue sections isnt terrible and that my story overall isnt too boring haha.

Good luck to everyone else!

I guess a time extension would be useless to me at this point

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I am assembling things finally, even if I will be sending only just about half of the content I had intended (stories grow out like that...) so I could use an extension if given.

I'm not sure how short or long an extension would be fair, nor how useful would it be in the end, but in general terms be it 4 hours or 12 I can make some use out of it.

People: don't give up. Maybe it'll be really scratching the edge of the deadline and maybe scratching a QUALITY thing, but like it was said above, the more the merrier. I'm eating the last powerups, if you guys saved up anything for this last leg, this is when! If anything, you can correct some potential grammar impasses. That can be one extra point for Gryffindor!

Bay

Years
  • Ok, so after talking with the judges, we decided to extended the deadline to 9am EDT/6am PST 23rd September. So you guys now have less than 9 hours for those that want to enter last minute!

To those that already sent in their entries, if you want to proofread your entries one last time and resubmit it, take advantage of that!

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • @venia no im giving up lol i have worked most days this week and am working 8hrs tomorrow and i have a house to keep clean and pets to take care of and family to see and a fiance to spend time with this is not a good writing week and forcing it is not enjoyable so i am giving up and that is fine.

gt is about fun and if i am not having fun i am not going to do it. i will have fun reading what you all wrote for this, so everyone should certainly post their entries if theyre happy with them

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back