• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dear Anonymous, (Roaring 20's)

Sirfetch’d

Dear Anonymous,

This thread holds thoughts and feelings by members who can't speak out these to the people they're for. Inspired by a conversation I had with someone, the purpose of this thread is to allow members who want to get something off their chest out there and into the open without allowing the person that they're for to know that they're for them. Most of the time, it's to share our feelings -- disguised as a crush -- towards someone.

Other times, it's for something a little more serious. There are some things that we just want to put out there, but we're scared of what will happen when we do. This way, the feelings get put out there for the world, but holds the anonymity that holds back the consequence of sharing it with the person it's for.

xoxo - try to keep the "Dear Anonymous" part in tact with your message for authenticity! n__n

IMPORTANT NOTE: This thread is not for thinly veiled arguments and anyone using it to incite personal drama will be infracted. Consider the thread more the equivalent of writing a letter to someone and then burning it. Get your feelings out if you must, but try to avoid a full-on rant, to keep things constructive and somewhat serious.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenberry

Lover <3
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

I've only known you a few days but I think you're really cool. I'm too scared to message you because I don't think you'd want to talk to me, but if you get a chance to message me or maybe I work up the courage to message you, maybe we could talk about piano together or something like that? I really like your name and your ROM Hacks, and I'm sorry I couldn't say this to you in a message or other thread, but I've been so nervous.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • dear anonymous,

i do not think you realize how much your words hurt me. you claim to support me but then you go and do things that display the exact opposite. your mind games are really tiring to me and i am so tired of not being good enough for you no matter what i do. i just want to do what is best for me and my mental health but i feel like i cannot do that without upsetting you and without you threatening to kick me out like you did once before. i should not be terrified of you but i am. i just pretend to be okay with you and not scared of you so you will not be upset with me. i shouldn't be scared of you.

fenberry

Lover <3
    Years
  • (Sorry for a second one.)

I think I'm in love with you, but I'm kind of afraid of love. I don't want to hurt you and ruin whatever we have right now. I don't exactly know what it is. You make me happy and I think about you a ton. I don't know what to do here. I don't want to weird you out, either..

Years
  • da,

it's been quite a wild ride this past half year, hasn't it? the laughs, the jokes, the irritation, the frustration. we've been through a lot, we've seen people come and go... and I'm afraid I'll be one of those joining the latter.

to tell you guys the truth, I no longer feel the passion of this job like I used to. the company changed, more and more irritating people got hired on which made the whole environment that much more annoying. sure, the pay was decent provided one was putting in the work, but at what cost? it seemed as if every week when I showed up, something or another would happen. we would always be late on something, or run out of something else... it's really starting to get old at this point. it's definitely not something I'm willing to go through five days a week (which is why I'm not really interested in returning to that schedule).

for those of you that i've built a solid foundation with, you all have been amazing. certainly fun with make jokes with and whatnot. that i will never forget. alas, im just not willing to stay here any more. im not happy here anymore, and I found something that's better for me, anyway.

da2,

all I can say to you is that i hope your days will get easier from here on out. i dont know how much longer you plan on staying on, especially with all the constant bs going on. i don't envy your position in the slightest. seems like you're squeezed between a rock and a shit place, if im going to be honest. perhaps you'll stick around take the supervisor position once she quits or gets demoted or something, who knows? but i will admit that i admire your style of leadership. you don't bullshit around and you're honest. just take it easy and don't stress yourself so much. easier said than done, i know, but still worth keeping in mind regardless.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • dear anonymous,

i hope our chat about my plans this friday go well. i wish you would truly see how exhausted i am all the time. i constantly have dark circles under my eyes. my back hurts all the time. even doing the simplest things like taking out the trash exhaust me. even on the days i don't do much, i still feel tired. a 21 year old shouldn't feel this exhausted and this...old, for lack of better terms. college is exhausting me and i hate it. i have no friends in college and college brings me no joy.

i just wish you'd see i need a break. if i do anything more I'M going to break.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Dear Anonymous

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE A SHOWER, AND DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN ABOUT YOU WAIT FOR YOUR TOWELS TO SMELL LIKE MILDEW BEFORE YOU WASH THEM.
    THAT'S NOT NORMAL TO TELL A COWORKER.
    I' m c r ying
    i really hope your talk with the director will solve the BO end of this problem. /sobbing noises

Dear Anonymous,

I know you wanna talk to me more, but isn't that forcing a relationship?? We don't have much in common to talk about so???

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

my patience is truly being tested this week, and I am vowing to remain level, focused, and hydrated to maintain my peace.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

Saying "I'm indifferent" is not the same thing as being "rude" or "nasty." I hope I never have to work with you ever again.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Dear Anonymous,

You called me beautiful even after I came out to you with all of my LGBT troubles, and I told you because you're one of my closest friends, and since it's pride month and all. I know you said it in kind of a joking way, but it still hit me really strangely hard at the time. I've never been quite that affected by such a random flirty compliment before. lol Heck, I'm usually the one making flirty comments at people. LOL You're such a nice guy, and that's not just at surface level. You're a very person good for how you treat other people. Thank you for being so chill. 👍

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Dear A,

I want to thank you for stifling my writing muse lately. I had enjoyed the plots we were talking about for the rps that we were involved in together, but I felt that came to a screeching halt when you wanted to involve another friend of yours. You tried to set up a rp with this friend and myself, yet remained oblivious to the fact that it was only being done for selfish reasons on their part, with no mind paid to storytelling or the like.

So thanks again, A, for I feel that I now need to take a break from writing for a short while, due to how I felt treated in this case.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Dear Anonymous,

I'm so glad that we're closer as friends and that we're going through something similar at the same time. Support from groups of friends is more helpful than I thought, and I don't know how I managed to find friends that were so understanding, but I'm so thankful for all of you. Even the friends I haven't been as close with overtime. I hope I can create less of a gap with you guys, too!

Dear Anonymous,

I really don't understand you. You get upset when I have a life, and I don't feel like that's the proper way to respond to someone that you love.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

We've known each other for a while and I would like to say a few things. First off, I'm glad to be one of the many people that you can trust to come out of the closet to. Just know that I still respect and care for you as you are. Likewise, I know that things are going rough with your parents. I hope that it isn't anything too abusive, but just know that I'll be there for you if you need me at anytime. I only wish the best for you and your life.

Best Wishes,

TheGhostHunter, your equally nerdy friend.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

I thank you for the endless small kindnesses you've paid me, but I have to honor and be truthful to myself. And if you have to be in pain as part of the process, it is something we will both have to accept. If you really love me, you'll sacrifice the future you've imagined for both of us for what will truly make us happy.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

I wish I could tell you that I am not interested in being your friend anymore. Hanging out with you can be very mentally and physically draining. You're so immature and can't spend two minutes without saying something and so you believe that blurting random thoughts is better than just being silent. It's so exhausting.Not to mention you're unaware of how manipulative of how you can be. Anytime I wanna talk about something serious, you mention how the conversation is making you want to kill yourself and causing you to be depressed. That is not okay. Your depression shouldn't be an excuse to not talk about something serious. You should be using your depression and anxiety to manipulate people. I'm this close to breaking our friendship. I don't care how long we've been friends, I think you need to grow up a bit and stop unknowingly control others before I really could see us being good friends again.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

I'm glad we talked things out and we seem to be on better terms now. I'm feeling a little conflicted with..other family things, but I hope if I can talk to another family member about it who has gone through similar things, I will be able to figure out what I need to do. I do think we make a good team when we're not.. clawing at each others throats. I just want to be on the good side of both my parents.

Years
  • Dear Anonymous,
    I wish I had the courage to message you, but i'm really shy and stuff. Just looking at your profile, I know we'd get along like two peas in a pod. We have so much in common, but sadly, due to deep dark secrets in my heart, I can't reveal who I truly am. Maybe once I get my life together, I can muster up the courage to message you, but until I LITERALLY get my life together, I can't. I'm sorry anonymous. I really am.

Back