• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: The demo is 3,100 blocks!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
  • Don't care about AshGreninja thing - want to download the demo to play it. So excited for it. Good thing my 3DS system is almost empty, I haven't used any of the space on it

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Don't care about AshGreninja thing - want to download the demo to play it. So excited for it. Good thing my 3DS system is almost empty, I haven't used any of the space on it

That's essentially my thought process too. I just want to play SM and watch SM anime and this will nicely tide things over for me.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Kinda scared to see what the datamining unearths though. It's bigger than ORAS' demo which had a lot of info in it, but Sun/Moon has a lot more going on in it so we'll just have to see.

I saw a post on Reddit talking about how people over on 4chan are already planning to datamine the demo. The post said that we'll just get names and typings instead of images. (they said it would just appear as a ?)

I find that pretty annoying actually, if they're going to leak I'd rather just see pictures of them and get it over with. Names and typings alone don't really tell me if I'll want to use them....

Plus I liked how with X & Y the community discovered new Pokemon as people were playing them. Datamining seems so....clinical.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I saw a post on Reddit talking about how people over on 4chan are already planning to datamine the demo. The post said that we'll just get names and typings instead of images. (they said it would just appear as a ?)

I find that pretty annoying actually, if they're going to leak I'd rather just see pictures of them and get it over with. Names and typings alone don't really tell me if I'll want to use them....

Plus I liked how with X & Y the community discovered new Pokemon as people were playing them. Datamining seems so....clinical.

I'm not too fussed at pictures vs names/typings, but yeah I get what you mean re: datamining being clinical. I really want to know more but at the same time I want to find things out on my own/through other people's actual playthroughs. But ah well that's just how it goes haha. My curiosity will get the better of me in the end :P

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I will less likely believe 4chan without pictures. They could easily fake stuff. It is going to be hard to believe 4chan anyway. I know they can fake screenshots, we saw that with Kalos. But I would more readily believe them with pictures.

As for it being 3100 Blocks, not a surprise. They said this game was the most expensive pokemon game made and that it was an extremely large part of the entire 3DS budget for last year or this year. Which is why I originally thought there would have a second region. (Note: This info game from when the name was leaked as Rainbow 20th Ann Edition.)

As for Ash-Greninja. It is still only called Greninja in battle. It only says it transformed into Ash-Greninja. But it follows the same naming as other Megas. And Ash can mean more than one thing.

However, I am concerned with Battle Bond as well with it being used against wild pokemon. So I may not use it for wild pokemon hunting.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So we will only get leaks AFTER the demo gets released?

If there is data from the games with in the demo, then it will most likely be datamined. But along with this, will come a ton of fake leaks.

I don't really remember the ORAS Demo really being Datamined. We mainly already had everything known to us. And I don't remember the XY Demos.

So, we will find out.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • If there is data from the games with in the demo, then it will most likely be datamined. But along with this, will come a ton of fake leaks.

I don't really remember the ORAS Demo really being Datamined. We mainly already had everything known to us. And I don't remember the XY Demos.

So, we will find out.

The ORAS demo was definitely datamined. It just wasn't that big of a deal because like you said, we knew mostly everything. The things we got from the datamines were the Hoopa form, all the gym leader's rosters, Trainer art, Primal Reversion mechanics (such as holding the orb switches their forms automatically), movepools, all Mega's stats, etc. We got a lot, haha. There's a thread from the dataminer (Kaphonics) on Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-research-thread.3519780/

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The ORAS demo was definitely datamined. It just wasn't that big of a deal because like you said, we knew mostly everything. The things we got from the datamines were the Hoopa form, all the gym leader's rosters, Trainer art, Primal Reversion mechanics (such as holding the orb switches their forms automatically), movepools, all Mega's stats, etc. We got a lot, haha. There's a thread from the dataminer (Kaphonics) on Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-research-thread.3519780/

Do we know if Kaphonics plans to datamine this demo too?

In that case we won't really need to worry about fake 4chan leaks, if other more reputable websites like Smogon are going to have their own dataminers...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Do we know if Kaphonics plans to datamine this demo too?

In that case we won't really need to worry about fake 4chan leaks, if other more reputable websites like Smogon are going to have their own dataminers...

Pretty sure SciresM will be data mining as soon as it becomes available, not sure about Kaphotics, though. SciresM datamined the ORAS demo with Kaphotics so whatever he posts will be reputable.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • 3100 blocks... Welp there goes my copy of Phoenix Wright Twin Destinies :D

Still, looks like Greninja is literally the Charizard for New Pokemon Fans... It's either you love him or you want him to gets sucked into a black hole...

I like it though... But why didn't they just name it Bond-Greninja or something *sigh*

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • **** YOU ASH GRENINJA IM SO MAD THAT I EVEN MADE A MEME ABOUT IT
    What meme?
    CidHazard said:
    Still, looks like Greninja is literally the Charizard for New Pokemon Fans...
    Yes but it's worse, Charizard is really cool and deserves its fame but Greninja is overrated, Ash-Greninja is like badly haxed Greninja, it couldn't even beat Charizard in the anime despite of having type advantage.

Btw, why it's so hard for Nintendo to be modern and use megabytes instead of blocks as a file size unit.

Last edited:

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Yes but it's worse, Charizard is really cool and deserves its fame but Greninja is overrated, Ash-Greninja is like badly haxed Greninja, it couldn't even beat Charizard in the anime despite of having type advantage.

The subject of 'coolness' depends on the viewers taste really... I've always had the opinion that Charizard/Lizardon is just well a fire breathing lizard :D (Note that I've used Squirtle and Wartortle is my favorite gen 1 Pokemon... so I may just be a bit biased)

Both Charizard/Lizardon and Greninja/Gekkouga's rise to fame is very similar if you look at it... Both is the Most picked starter and both of them have a massive part in the story of the Anime... Even Charizard/Lizardon for the longest time has been considered by fans to be overrated (Just look at Pokemon lists from 2005-2007)...

Greninja getting the Bond - Form, isn't really different from Charizard and Mewtwo getting two Mega Evolutions. All three of these Pokemon are unbelievably popular with the fan base... So of course the Pokemon company would provide fan service that specifically made for these three Pokemon.

As of the writing of this post... Greninja is the most popular Pokemon in Japan (Beating Charizard who's at 9th and Mewtwo at 11th) So it was only a matter of time before Ash-Greninja became a thing...

In terms of the anime... Satoshi and Gekkouga just mastered the form just before the Kalos League - during his last gym battle to be exact. While Alan and Lizardon have more experience fighting with Lizardons Mega form. Also consider the fact that Alan and Lizardon fights Mega Evolve pokemon as a job... including a Mega Rayquaza and both Primals. In terms of Power in that final fight Lizardon had the upper hand in terms of overall strength and experience, even still Gekouga pushed him into a corner. Gekkouga and Satoshi lost yes, and the meme of Satoshi/Ash is stupid, he's never going to become champion (Even though he's already the Orange League Champ and The Battle Frontier Champ *Sigh*) But that doesn't really make Gekkouga Overrated or unfair. (In terms of Pokemon lore AZ had a unique floette that he'd bonded with and took on his color scheme)

As for A certain someone giving you Ash-Geninja, and it destroying your perception of pokemon lore...
    Spoiler:

That's is my opinion at least ;D

Btw, why it's so hard for Nintendo to be modern and use megabytes instead of blocks as a file size unit.

I think it's their way of being unique and 'Fun'... at the cost of inconveniencing their users LOL

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • What meme?

This one :P
    Spoiler:

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    I mainly want to download the demo just to play it, the Ash Greninja thing is just a bonus. "(haven't kept up with the anime)

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    That's what I'd like to know. Shouldn't they remove most of the more important parts in the demo's coding anyway?

From what I understand, outright removing a bunch of data at once can cause some instability in the coding, and the demo isn't exactly the highest priority, so it'd be more effort than it's worth to remove absolutely everything that is as of yet revealed without the game collapsing on itself.

Even adding a little data can do that. As many know Mew was secretly added to Red and Green after all of the debugging tools were removed, leaving enough room for one more Pokemon. While this this ended up creating the tradition of mythical Pokemon, it was extremely risky and it could've potentially made the final product unplayable.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think my 3DS' micro SD card is ready, so count me in for the demo! I've enjoyed ORAS demo back when it was released, so I think I'll get the Sun and Moon special demo as well.

And as for the concerns why they didn't remove some parts of the data in the demo, just like the others said, I think these might cause issues and incompatibilities in the game (like messed up moves, for example), considering that there are transferable Pokémon like Ash-Greninja as well.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Yes but it's worse, Charizard is really cool and deserves its fame but Greninja is overrated, Ash-Greninja is like badly haxed Greninja, it couldn't even beat Charizard in the anime despite of having type advantage.

All the stuff said about Charizard is highly subjective, and coming from a Charizard fan I think he's way more overrated than Greninja.

And Greninja didn't have the type advantage over Charizard as M-Charizard X is Fire/Dragon (and its moreso the writers fault for Ash losing because for some reason they hate their own main character).

But yeah, why is the Nintendo 3DS still measuring in blocks? When I first got my 3DS back in 2011 I was confused as heck by that.

Back