• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you name every existing Pokémon from memory?

Years
  • Interesting question. How many of you guys can name every existing Pokémon from memory? I'm a big nerd and should be able to name all of them (sometimes I have brain farts and forget a few, but that usually comes back quickly), but I've seen others who could only name up to a certain generation. What about you?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I think I can mention from memory all Pokémon from Gens 1, 2 and 3. After that it starts to get fuzzy at some points besides one can easily get the names of some Pokémon wrong such as the Klink line.

But who knows? With enough caffeine everything is possible.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • hell nah i couldn't do that. i think i could do gen I-III decently. i'd lose traction around IV and V. hell if i know VI and VII lmfao. it'd be a lost cause at that point.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I can't name them all in order, but I know all the names (I.E. I'm immediately able to connect a picture of a Pokemon to their name and vice versa).

Years
  • You bet I can, and in National Dex order, too. Just watch me!

Spoiler:

Pretty sure that's all of them. If I missed one or two then it's not my fault- they probably aren't going to be in the Galar Dex anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I bet the guys at work £40 I could do the original 151.

… Yeah, I didn't win that bet. Got like 140 before running out of ideas and then time.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I doubt I could list them all off the top of my head, but I'm confident I could name them all from pics (except one or two of the Srd/Sld Pokés whose names I've yet to memorize). Maybe silhouettes as well, given they aren't deceptive (no Jigglypuff from the top view). (Might have trouble with Voltorb/Electrode, though.) Definitely can't name them in order.

Years
  • i could probably name the original 151 off the top of my head (not in order)... up to gen 5 i can name most of them based on a picture i think o: i wasnt really too invested in XY or sun/moon so i honestly am not familiar with the entirety of their respective dexes! i know a lot of them but some of their names escape me

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm certain I could name a lot from raw memory, but not sure exactly how many that would be. Definitely could not do literally all of them though.

Years
  • I think I could name them all out of my head. I would have problems in IV and V as I'm not sure where few Pokémon, mostly the fish ones, belong to, but could figure it out after few minutes. I would also misspell few of them as I was just thinking how are Aromatisse and Slurpuff spelled correctly. I even called Slurpuff Spurmuff or something like that. I also don't count Gen VIII Pokémon as I haven't caught up on the Roggenrola and Gigalith clones' names.

Years
  • i think i can't. from memory alone but if there's a picture, then I can. there's so many pokemon nowadays that I just can't remember them all :(

Years
  • not in generational order.

kind of ashamed that as a former seventh gen mod, I don't really remember a whole lot of seventh gen Pokemon. ._.

but then again, I don't remember a lot of sixth gen Pokemon either. for whatever reason, the more recent gen Pokemon slip my mind because I tend to use older Pokemon in my playthroughs more often than not.

Years
  • Heck no I can't! Lmao. I can barely remember the 151 without hesitation. I'm getting so old...*sobbing* but, really. No. I can't really remember pokemon that I haven't trained in the newer games.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • for certain I know I can't, over 800
    I can probably memorize 2/3ds of them, mainly my favorites

its the ones I hate the most I have harder time memorizing
    (bugs, and the "too human" looking ones)

Years
  • I've done the sporcle quizzes for the first 6 generations and I generally manage 100% for 1, 2, 3 & 6 but there's always a few stragglers from 4 & 5 that get me although different every time. I haven't done one for 7 yet actually though.

Gen 1 for anyone that wants to try:
    https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I've done the sporcle quizzes for the first 6 generations and I generally manage 100% for 1, 2, 3 & 6 but there's always a few stragglers from 4 & 5 that get me although different every time. I haven't done one for 7 yet actually though.

Gen 1 for anyone that wants to try:
    https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon
    oh, this is a good way for us to test ourselves

I only did the first 3 gens so far, will do the others later:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • From memory? Absolutely not. Gimme a name or an image and I can definitely tell you whether it's a Pokemon or not, though. I know them all, I just can't bring every name to the front of my mind when put on the spot.

Back