• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

Years
  • I binge read a bunch of Madoka spinoff manga. 1 volumes of the manga based off of the Rebellion movie, 1 volume of Suzume Magica, and 2 volumes of Homura's Revenge.

Next up is binge reading with volumes 5 & 6 of UQ Holder and volumes 1 & 2 of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (probably volume 3 as well).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I binge read a bunch of Madoka spinoff manga. 1 volumes of the manga based off of the Rebellion movie, 1 volume of Suzume Magica, and 2 volumes of Homura's Revenge.

Next up is binge reading with volumes 5 & 6 of UQ Holder and volumes 1 & 2 of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (probably volume 3 as well).

I didn't really care much for Suzune Magica, what did you think of the first volume? That one was particularly too edgy, if I'm being honest (for me).

Haiku

PokéManiac
    Years
  • Kotaro Lives Alone.
    It starts off kind of a quirky anime about kids, like Yotsuba, but it gets dark without ever losing its innocence. Content notice for child abuse and neglect.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Tomodachi Game intrigued the hell out of me. So I gave it a try. It's pretty much Danganronpa except without all of the murder (potentially at least). So I'd say I enjoyed it and will try to stick with it.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I finished reading Horimiya last night and it was cute, I liked it a lot. I read through it in about a week and I really like the MCs! I just started the manga for Bakuman which I'm quite intrigued about, the first few chapters have been good. Haven't read this type of manga before but I'll look forward to it :D

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Since everyone keeps claiming it's so good... I tried watching Spy x Family.

I can't really say much honestly. I feel sorry for the kid though tbh. The guy just seems like a jerkass.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • A while ago I watched the end of AoT since last posting here, super excited for the next part, but another long wait :((

I also started Netflix's Castlevania although it's a grey area on whether it's anime or not lol.

I've been watching the TV version of the Mugen Train arc of Demon Slayer before getting to S2. Almost finished that now too!

Years
  • Just finished watching Cowboy Bebop. I quite liked it and its whole aesthetic and I think there were five or so episodes that were particularly good. The remaining twenty-ish tended to be solid but nothing special with a few in there that were pretty dull. The soundtrack though was always on-point. I think it's a solid show and it was a good watch but it does get overhyped purely on its status as a classic.

I'm about halfway through the Garden of Sinners movies now and idek what to think about those lmao. They're pretty good but they're also very weird with an intentionally confusing non-linear storytelling style.

After these, starting on Kaguya-sama s3 will be a nice change of pace lol.

Years
  • Totsukuni no Shoujo/Girl From the Other Side. I saw the 2019 animated short. The imagination in the visuals has no bounds, and the unique look also seems to really capture the style of the manga it is based on well. I felt like it ended when it was only just beginning, and I was left longing for some more, but it's introduced me to the series, and I am going to next watch the feature length film version that was released this spring.

When I first saw "teacher" I thought it was a horror theme, and then I realized it was going to be something more, a story of friendship that transcends worlds and the cycle of life.

I am also interested in listening to the Irish folk song Siúil a Rún that inspires the story behind Girl From the Other Side. I will wait until after I complete the manga and movie though to avoid spoilers.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Rereading Junji Ito's Tomie. Currently on chapter 3. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    - Monster
    - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Stone Ocean)
    - Evangelion
    - Full Metal Alchemist (the original one, not Brotherhood, gotta watch Brotherhood later)

So yeah, those are the series I've been watching lately. Pretty cool things IMO

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Been catching up on The Promised Neverland S2 even tho the reception was less than favourable wanna make up my own mind. Finished Mugen train TV anime so will be started Demon Slayer S2 finally soon. Also been watching Ao Ashi as it airs which has been pretty good so far, it's my first proper sports anime, not my usual genre but been looking forward to this & Blue Lock for quite a while.

I also finished Netflix's Castlevania, and not long after I did it's follow up Nocturne was announced which was pretty cool!

Just finished watching Cowboy Bebop. I quite liked it and its whole aesthetic and I think there were five or so episodes that were particularly good. The remaining twenty-ish tended to be solid but nothing special with a few in there that were pretty dull. The soundtrack though was always on-point. I think it's a solid show and it was a good watch but it does get overhyped purely on its status as a classic.

If you enjoy Cowboy Bebop, give the movie a watch, I remember really enjoying it and it feeling just like a long & good episode of the series.

Rereading Junji Ito's Tomie. Currently on chapter 3. :)

LOVE TOMIE! & Anything Junji Ito! :)

- Full Metal Alchemist (the original one, not Brotherhood, gotta watch Brotherhood later)

So yeah, those are the series I've been watching lately. Pretty cool things IMO

Love the OG FMA, although Brotherhood is considered more popular, I still preferred the classic FMA! Both are so good still ofc!

Years
  • It was a few episodes of Pokemon Journeys. It's currently my favourite ever Pokemon series so far, as it's changed the plot from the previous series well, in my opinion.

Years
  • Hisuian Snow episode 3! And now I'm really considering picking up Love Live Nijigasaki again, and actually finish this time... but I might have to do it on 2x speed to catch up to where I was before lol. ;_;'

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I watched The Night is Long, Walk On Girl. This movie has the same problem a lot of anime movies have imo. It's more interested in having nice animation over a well paced story.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Since last posting I finished the The Promised Neverland S2, unsurprisingly I was disappointed like many others with the latter half of the season.

I also watched Kotaro Lives Alone which was great and super cute!

Back