• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
  • Hi! Is Eternatus taken? I'd like to do a gen 4 styled icon for it's forms

Submissions for all sprites and icons, except for Ride Pokémon battle sprites, are still closed... Please stay tuned for further announcements...

Also, we're using 3DS-style icons but with second frame like in GBA...

UPDATE: We'll wait for the complete (and clear) icon sprite sheet extracted from the game files before deciding which icons can be directly used as a first frame...

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • UPDATE: We'll wait for the complete (and clear) icon sprite sheet extracted from the game files before deciding which icons can be directly used as a first frame...
    (There was once a link to a dumped icon sheet of the Pokémon in Sword & Shield here, but I removed it to comply with the wishes of this thread's owner).

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I disagree. The staff has already published the leaks. They've been doing that for a while now.
    I'll still remove the link if that's what you truly wish, but it's silly.

In any case, good luck with the project. You guys are doing an incredible job with these sprites :smile:

Yep, I'm actually discussing stuffs in that article's thread for days... But some other forum sites with images in the discussions are being "flagged"... Though I agree that it's silly since it's been the norm prior to this gen... 😂

And thank you!

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield versions are out now, starting from the Eastern part of the world... So we're now free to post images related to the game...

To start with, here's a rescaled icon sprite sheet from the game itself... The original sprite sheet is scaled twice the "proper size", instead of 1 pixel per dot (or whatever it is actually called, there are 4 pixels for a single dot... So here's a rescaled version down to it's "proper size":
    ym7PdS5.png

But we can only use the following as is (no resize needed, just needs palette swap and 2nd frame):
    • Thwackey
    • Skwovet
    • Rookidee
    • Corvisquire
    • Nickit
    • Gossifleur
    • Wooloo
    • Yamper
    • Applin
    • Silicobra
    • Arrokuda
    • Toxel
    • Sizzlipede
    • Clobbopus
    • Sinistea
    • Hatenna
    • Hattrem
    • Impidimp
    • Morgrem
    • Milcery
    • Pincurchin
    • Snom
    • Cufant
    • Dreepy
    • Galarian Meowth
    • Galarian Ponyta
    • Galarian Corsola
    • Galarian Zigzagoon
    • Galarian Linoone
    • Galarian Darumaka
    • Galarian Yamask

The rest needs to be resized down...

There are more icons there which can fit inside the 32x32 limit but are too large in comparison to other icons we already have from Gen. 7 and from the resource threads for Gen. 1-6... They have to be resized a bit (around 80%-90% of the original size)...

Those which cannot fit and has hydrocephalic heads need custom icons but has to be closely similar to the pose of the original icons (minus hydrocepahic heads) as much as possible...

You can use the icons we have for Gen. 7 and from the resource threads for Gen. 1-6 as a reference as to how huge each species' icons should be... Galarian forms not in the above list (e.g. Galarian Rapidash, etc.) should have similar size as the original forms...

Also, you are familiar with the palette limits of GBA games which is only selected between 3 palette sets... Here are the sets:
    uXvChTc.png

So yes, those who wants to submit icons, you may now... Prioritize the icons from the above list...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wanted to put the yamper icon that I did but the page does not leave me because it says I need to have made 5 posts to publish a link because of the bots or something

leparagon

speed and quality
    Years
  • Ponyta Galar:
    Gtau0NS.png

Zigzagoon Galar:
    oGCPnph.png

Credits: Sword/Shield Sprite Project Smogon
    there's already a galarian ponyta, just havent uploaded it yet. and galarian zigzagoon was already posted before, it's even in the hub on the first page. and you didnt say that you were gonna sprite it. darkdragon and i keep mentioning how people need to reserve before making the sprites.

Rolycoly Sprite and Icon
    HPlGJa3.png

aAQPWFK.png

Armored Mewtwo Sprite and Icon
    WVeTshF.png

NXpbqQG.png
    we dont need mewtwo here and those are rolycoly sprites i made for smogon. there's already a rolycoly sprite in the hub on the first page. and the icons have no difference between them. furthermore, you didnt even give proper credits

for anyone else viewing this thread, don't post any more battle sprites. Cynda and i are taking care of it. if you're gonna work on the icons, tell me and/or darkdragon first which icons you want to make so that we can reserve them for you. because some of the icons you guys want to make are already done, just that i havent uploaded them yet. i have someone helping me make icons for this project so to prevent anybody doing the same icons, you have to make reservations

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Submissions for battle and icons sprites are currently suspended... We'll announce when it will resume... Instead, you can message me AND le_paragon if you want to reserve some species for icons...

The icons from SwSh, as they are, turned out to be unfit for use not only due to the size and style difference but also due to the colors given and poor palette colors compression... Some have more than 100 colors per icon (even if some colors are similar, they have different shade/hex values per pixel)... Direct palette swap can't just work the way it was during the 3DS era...

With that, we'll be using the icons that will be used by Showdown (the engine powered by Smogon) for Gen. 7 species and form/es... And yes, le_paragon (also the PM of several Smogon spriting projects) has the blessings to use them here...

Some of the battle and icon sprites are already done... le_paragon will update us soon which battle and icon sprites are those aside from the ones seen in the hub...

You may still submit sprites for Ride Pokémon in the meantime...

Back