• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event PokéCommunity E&M Olympics

Years
  • Just for clarification, do we need to send the answers to both of you? Usually sending answers only to one of the hosts has been enough.

If you've sent answers to just one host, they'll still count! :)

We just don't want to miss anyone if either host becomes unavailable. You still only need to send one set of answers, just pop both host's names in the subject line 😊

Years
  • Spoiler:

First batch Olympians that missed the deadline for round one have a slight reprieve. We noticed that we didn't specify a hard (timed) deadline, oops! So we have extended it until the end of today. You have until Tue 10th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC). Don't miss out!

The deadline for round two remains the same.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Any Olympians that haven't submitted your answers for event two only have a few hours left!

Here is the third event!

Oqd9FjC.png

Event 3 - Olympia

Olympians, it's time for the third contest!

This time we want you to take the 12 tests of Olympia! We have selected 12 questions that are all related to the Olympics in some way. Can you answer them all?

Please send your answers to myself and Rabinov by Fri 13th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC). We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

For users who sign up during this event, you will also have until the end of this round to hand-in your answers for the previous two events!

Good luck Olympians!!!

● Question 1: Which country has received a ban from the 2020 Olympic Games?

● Question 2: Which countries always march first and last during the parade of nations at the Olympics opening ceremony?

● Question 3: The triathlon consists of three sports: running, cycling and ___?

● Question 4: Olympic Gold medals are mostly made of what metal?

● Question 5: At which Olympics were the most World Records broken?

● Question 6: Which year was the first time the Winter Olympics were held in a different year to the Summer games?

● Question 7: Who is the youngest gold medallist ever?

● Question 8: To which Greek god were the ancient Olympic Games dedicated?

● Question 9: Which colour is NOT in the Olympic Rings: Blue, Red, Purple, Black?

● Question 10: In what city is the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee located?

● Question 11: The official languages of the Olympic Games are English, the host country's language and what other language?

● Question 12: What does the Olympic motto "Citius, altius, fortius" mean?

Years
  • Username: professor plum
    'Country' Name: Jasplantis
    Discord Username: professorplum#6969
    Registered to Chuu bot on PC Discord: Yes, my profile should be sync'd.

This sounds fun, I'll try and take part where I can :D

Username: Aslan
    'Country' Name (can be entirely made up): Narnia (Need to somehow live up to my username :P)
    Discord Username: Sophie#7335
    Registered to Chuu bot on PC Discord: Yes!

Username: Cubchoo
    'Country' Name (can be entirely made up): January Shiver
    Discord Username: Radio#8910 (nickname Cubchoo)
    Registered to Chuu bot on PC Discord: Nope

This sounds like lots of fun sign me up
    Name Louise
    Country peanut butter
    Discord name louise1960
    Register to bot no

Username: Mewtwolover
    'Country' Name: Finland

Username: Devalue
    'Country' Name (can be entirely made up): Ylisse
    Discord Username: Deva#6675
    Registered to Chuu bot on PC Discord: No. Declines to participate in the last.fm part.

Estimates very low odds of winning. Is not too concerned.

Hello everyone!

Just a friendly reminder that, where possible, please can you include a tally of posts and threads made in the Entertainment & Media section, as this is part of one of the longform events! Just makes it easier for us at the end to total up.

Scores will be updated over the next day or so!

Years
  • Spoiler:

PCAthletes, it's time for our fourth event!

Oqd9FjC.png

Event 4 - TV-Boxing

Olympians, flex your TV might in our fourth round!

In this round, your goal is to unscramble the following TV shows. They will cover a range of eras, genres and franchises so make sure to keep an open mind when figuring these out!

Please send your answers to myself and Ash Ketchup by Sun 15th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC). We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

For users who sign up during this event, you will also have until the end of this round to hand-in your answers for the previous event!

Good luck Olympians, here are you anagrams!!!

DEARLY HON
    BERRY RENTS WITHHOLD
    DEED DYED ND
    LADDERS PROFANITY
    CROWD HOOT
    FEARSOME THONG
    LUNAR PASTURE
    RADIANT MANHOLE
    GRID THINKER
    HANDS CUTTER
    CALMLY ABLE
    DENTURE FIXES

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Questions:
    1. Are participants allowed to use an anagram solver? (Understands this to be the main challenge. May not function well with proper nouns, though.)
    2. Are search engines allowed for this particular event? (Provides no direct answers. Expands your breadth of options considerably.)

Never stated any rules against them. Assumed them to be unwritten rules. Hates to be playing with a handicap due to assumptions, however.

Years
  • Questions:
    1. Are participants allowed to use an anagram solver? (Understands this to be the main challenge. May not function well with proper nouns, though.)
    2. Are search engines allowed for this particular event? (Provides no direct answers. Expands your breadth of options considerably.)

Never stated any rules against them. Assumed them to be unwritten rules. Hates to be playing with a handicap due to assumptions, however.

Both would certainly go against the spirit of the Olympics! You should work out the answers on your own!

You were already competing correctly :)

Years
  • Spoiler:

PCAthletes, it's time for our final event!

Oqd9FjC.png

Event 5 - Genre Escapade

Olympians, this is it. The fifth and final round. Time to make it or break it in our last event!

In this round, myself and Ash have submitted our most fire mixtapes but... something's wrong. It seems like the songs have scrambled up a bit? Anyway, you need to use your music knowledge to determine what song is playing, by submitting WHO sung it and WHAT the song name is! WARNING - there will be varying levels of volume.

Please send your answers to myself and Ash Ketchup by Tues 17th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC). We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

For users who sign up during this event, you will also have until the end of this round to hand-in your answers for the previous events!

Good luck Olympians, here are your songs!!!

Song 1

Song 2

Song 3

Song 4

Song 5

Song 6

Song 7

Song 8

Song 9

Song 10

Song 11

Song 12

Song 13

Song 14

Song 15

Song 16

Song 17

Song 18

Song 19

Song 20

Song 21

Song 22

Song 23

Song 24

Years
  • Username: professor plum
    'Country' Name: Jasplantis
    Discord Username: professorplum#6969
    Registered to Chuu bot on PC Discord: Yes, my profile should be sync'd.

This sounds fun, I'll try and take part where I can :D

Username: Aslan
    'Country' Name (can be entirely made up): Narnia (Need to somehow live up to my username :P)
    Discord Username: Sophie#7335
    Registered to Chuu bot on PC Discord: Yes!

Posting event:
    Score: 20

Username: Cubchoo
    'Country' Name (can be entirely made up): January Shiver
    Discord Username: Radio#8910 (nickname Cubchoo)
    Registered to Chuu bot on PC Discord: Nope

Username: Mewtwolover
    'Country' Name: Finland

This sounds like lots of fun sign me up
    Name Louise
    Country peanut butter
    Discord name louise1960
    Register to bot no

Username: Devalue
    'Country' Name (can be entirely made up): Ylisse
    Discord Username: Deva#6675
    Registered to Chuu bot on PC Discord: No. Declines to participate in the last.fm part.

Estimates very low odds of winning. Is not too concerned.

Hello - just poking to remind everyone to get their answers in! I'll extend it to Wednesday for you, any problems just let us know!

Years
  • When this will end? The deadline of the last event was 5 days ago and this is still unfinished.

The event has technically ended, we just haven't posted the final results yet, sometimes life gets in the way!!!

Stay tuned, and we will post them as soon as we're able :)

Years
  • When this will end? The deadline of the last event was 5 days ago and this is still unfinished.

With all due respect, not sure you should be taking this tone when as it stands you didn't even participate in the last round. Why does the deadline even matter to you therefore.

I'm going through everything tonight to get the event finished, however in the future please just double-check what you are saying before you post, thank you.

Years

• Oqd9FjC.png

Annnnd with that, the event comes to a close!

Thank you everyone for participating and I hope you've had as much fun as we have putting this together! You'll see that over the next day or so, the answers will be revealed for each event.

Good job again everyone and keep your eyes peeled for the next Entertainment & Media event!

Years
  • Thank you to all of our Olympians for taking part in these games!

Congratulations to our medalists, and a special mention for our overall champion Devalue!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Thank you for hosting the event. Enjoyed combing through memories for names/titles long since remembered. Brought an old forum (now gone) to mind for the Discworld clue.

Hmm. What would Ylisse's anthem be? Id - Purpose? Befits an anthem more than "Don't Speak Her Name!". Strikes a more heroic tone.

Looks forward to the answers for Events 4 and 5. Spent the longest on 4. Wonders about the remaining anagrams. Eyes 5's answers mainly to see if a 1 in 1000 guess was on the table.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Congratulations to everybody!

And thanks for hosting, Ash and Rabi!

Back