• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Most Common Activity with Music Playing

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    What is the most common activity you are doing while listening to music? Are you traveling somewhere? Does something need cleaning? Might be dancing or partying to it. Perhaps merely sitting in a chair and unwinding?

Switches on music when browsing the Internet, typically. Hampers the ability to focus. Demands little enough attention to allow occasional distractions, usually. Pauses it as necessary.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I almost always have some form of music playing. I often listen to some form of instrumental music when working. Songs with lyrics I generally listen to when I'm commuting, exercising or getting ready in the morning/about to sleep. One of my favourite times to listen to music is when I'm commuting, it is nice being able to listen to music on the train in peace as it gives me time to think about life. If I don't need to pay too much attention to what I'm doing then I'll often have music on in the BG in those situations. :D

Years
  • As a music lover, people usually find it weird when I admit that I dislike listening to music passively. I find it hard to do something with music in the background because my brain gravitates towards focusing on the music instead of the thing I'm s'pose to be working on lol. If I wish to listen to an album or a song, I need to not do anything else, lest I won't be able to experience it fully.

Years
  • pretty much exclusively commuting :o

see, i need to be in the right headspace and mood to listen to music in the first place. if i'm in any sort of poor mood, then it's mostly a no-go because i'd be too focused on that instead of the music. while commuting, it's easier since i can just vibe~ especially because i listen to EDM so it's really just to jumpstart my mood for the day. c:

outside of commuting i don't tend to listen to music much because i want to enjoy quietness around me rather than music. i do miss listening to music while taking casual walks around though, but that doesn't happen much these days.

Years
  • When breeding in Pokemon, or just any kind of repetitive grinding in any game really.
    Also got music playing when I play around in image editors.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • working... i listen to music mostly while i'm at work. it helps me stay focused and gives me a little boost of energy.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Walking or exercising, I guess. I take walks almost daily and I like to have some music on while doing - makes for a calming experience.

Years
  • I play music nearly all the time. It's very rare I don't have music playing tbh. About the only time I don't, is when I can't, for whatever reason.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Cleaning or on the internet. EDM for cleaning just something to keep me moving. The biggest one is sleeping. That's usually smooth jazz, classical or relaxing instrumentals. Because I have ringing in my ears I have to have soothing background music to distract me from the ringing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Exercising or walking. I feel happy sometimes just walking and listening to the city or to nature, but when I'm decidedly on my way somewhere it peps me up more to have music in my ears. Or calms me down. Depends on what tunes I choose :3 And for exercising, peppy music is just a given.

Years
  • This is hard because well... I do basically everything to music!

I guess the main things would be either gaming or writing. In particular, having something fairly slow and smooth whilst playing simulators like RCT or SimCity is pretty nice.

pkmin3033

Working. I always have the radio or a playlist on these days, since I work from home. I'd go insane if I didn't. Waking up is another one, too - most mornings I'm up an hour or so before I'm supposed to be, so I have a playlist for lying around in bed.

When I'm writing I tend to have music on in the background as well, but not so much when I'm drawing or gaming - the former I tend to have a DVD on, and the latter I have the game's audio.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I like to listen to my liked songs playlist on Spotify a lot, like walking to class or just sitting around in my dorm. I stopped listening to it while I work because I found myself getting too easily distracted by it (I'd be singing or drumming along instead of doing the work) so now I only listen to lofi as I work. It's actually very helpful, since I have a hard time focusing.

Back