• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Did you expect more news/updates for BDSP at E3?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Given that there's only five months until release, it is strange that there hasn't been any news about these games. Just absolute silence. Part of which I can understand because these games are remakes of older games. But previous remakes have added so much, and BDSP shouldn't be any different. It shouldn't be a one-to-one perfect remake except with updated graphics.

I mean, I figure that Pokemon has enough going on that there could be a direct for it announced soon. But E3 would have been a chance for Nintendo to remind fans that the game is coming up and to give them a little teaser of what's changed about them.

Makes me wonder if these games aren't going to get much revealed about them before release date, and the companies are expected sales to be driven just on names alone.

Years
  • does anyone remember the days when sun/moon + usum had like, a trailer and corocoro drops a month? it's kinda wild how things change between then and now. it's almost like tpci and game freak are being a tad bit too careful with news reveals. don't think it helps that tpci tend to catch leakers, so it's no wonder they're being extra cautious here.

...but there is such thing as being too careful when it comes to advertising. if nintendo's e3 has proven anything, it's that a good trailer can go a long way towards building up hype and excitement. and sure, we've gotten something like that for bdsp and l:a, but it's been quite a while since then, and people are hungering for more info. are bdsp's graphics improved? is there going to be more to show for l:a? there's lots of questions and not enough answers, and hiding those answers isn't doing tpci any favours.

tl;dr i think being too quiet is hurting more than helping at this point

Years
  • I would have loved to see a new trailer for them to see what new things are added. Still excited for both so I do hope we get a Pokemon Direct fairly soon to show us some more. While I'm optimistic that they will still be fun, showing more could help none the less.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I can kinda understand the perspective of being quiet since you know, the unpleasantness of the Sword / Shield ad campaign was ... unpleasant for the devs.

By that perspective, simply flying under the radar and not building up too many expectations seems like a safer bet.

But from a commercial perspective, this is already quite the divisive title by the dint of the art style alone, it does seem a bit weird that we're not really getting any new promotional material.

It'll probably sell well because everything Pokémon sells well and for every cynical fan there are like 4 people that will buy both games because Pokémon and 2 moms that want to buy a family friendly game for their kids.

But it definitely feels like a weird direction they're taking. Maybe they didn't quite finish the flagship areas that are catchy and trailer bait (think stuff like Distortion World, Battle Frontier, etc.)* in time for E3?

* Which I wholeheartedly believe will not be in the game, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Years
  • Supposedly there might be a Pokemon Direct pretty soon, I just learned about this on a YouTube channel that covers the Switch, that being Switchforce which he talked about it Wed., but if he is wrong boy would that suck.

I am one that will be getting both and I like the throwback type graphics it has.

Years
  • Supposedly there might be a Pokemon Direct pretty soon, I just learned about this on a YouTube channel that covers the Switch, that being Switchforce which he talked about it Wed., but if he is wrong boy would that suck.

I am one that will be getting both and I like the throwback type graphics it has.

I really do think we need a Pokémon direct at this point, especially since there was nothing at E3. Been a while since we had info and I'm not the biggest of preorder pages being handed to us when we still haven't had much info on the games.

Years
  • it'd be kinda wild if tpci doubled down on the whole "secrecy is the best PR" thing since swsh and decided to say nothing else until release

but surely they wouldn't be that bold...

Years
  • Honestly I wasn't expecting anything pokemon related at E3. The fact that the last announcement we got was a pokemon exclusive direct, I'm not expecting pokemon related content mixed in with regular nintendo announcements anymore.
    I do agree that they seem to have doubled down on the whole secrecy thing. I'm not sure if it's because they aren't as confident in the new games, or because it's just a remake, but it does feel off that all they've done is mention the game is coming and that's it. Doesn't really fill me with confidence :/

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I don't expect TPCi to deviate from their schedule of releasing footage/gameplay as with the previous games. It's been shown time and time again how concrete those timelines are.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Oh yeah, I'm shocked, almost appalled they'd go this long without dropping anything.

The initial trailer showed nothing, the graphics disappointed a large group of the audiene/player base.

And then they did nothing for what 3 months now?

I totally get that by now it practically sells itself, but i'd still expect more than this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I think there is some behind the scenes nonsense going on, perhaps the games have taken on more of Game Freak's crew, or maybe they need to make a simultaneous port to the Switch 2, or memory allocation problems.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • It's been four months since announcement and no shred of news since the release dates. I saw some previous posts that maybe since it's a remake, there's little news, which is possible, especially if it's "faithful to the originals", like what's there to tell you about a revamped game you most likely already played, but new players would be kinda stressed, if they haven't played Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. It is weird, maybe they're playing safe since all the mess with Sword and Shield (datamines and leaks before release).

Back