• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Left-handed or Right-handed?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • August 13th (which was yesterday where I live), is celebrated every year, as International Left-handers day. Its meant to promote the inconveniences faced by left-handers in a predominantly right-handed world.

Well I'm predominantly left-handed, so ya I can vouch for the fact that many common articles are designed for efficient use by right-handed people.

So are you left-handed or right-handed? If you are left-handed, do you have to face any inconveniences?

Pika Pika :chu:

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm right handed but I only found out yesterday that about 10% of the population are left handed. I think I only know one person who is left handed.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I write with my right hand, I lift with my right hand, I drive with my right hand, I text with my right hand, I...I'm going to leave that one out...,I drink with my right hand, I eat with my right hand, I must be right handed!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I'm right handed but I only found out yesterday that about 10% of the population are left handed. I think I only know one person who is left handed.
    Ya approximately 10%, might be less than that.

Do you guys know that even in some relatively advanced societies, left-handed people have been & still are forced from childhood to use their right hands for tasks which they would naturally perform with the left, such as eating & writing, coz its considered "inauspicious".

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Ya approximately 10%, might be less than that.

Do you guys know that even in some relatively advanced societies, left-handed people have been & still are forced from childhood to use their right hands for tasks which they would naturally perform with the left, such as eating & writing, coz its considered "inauspicious".

Interesting, I read it somewhere that around 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people.

As for me, I'm ambidextrous. Although I write with my right hand, there's a lot of things I can do with my left too. :)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Left-handed. I've only faced discrimination once from my double-standarded friend (I also have a friend who's left-handed, but he is strong). However, I use a right-handed mouse, and I'm ambidextrous in holding spoons and forks.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Left-handed. Always came home from school with lead/ink on the side of my palm.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I'm starting to wonder now if that 10% theory is actually true, I mean 12 people have posted so far, 6 lefties (me included) & one who's ambidextrous, which means only 5 right-handers. We're actually in the majority here fellow lefties (so far at least, but I'm sure its gonna change :P).

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Maybe the reason because of that is because more left-handers are interested than right-handers in this thread.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    I'm right handed.

But my brother is a leftie, hehe! Xp

But I had no idea being a leftie was difficult at times

I guess he would know better than I

Xp

Edit: My fiance is also left handed

And I meet more left handed men these days than women

Is that a dominant trait for a guy?

Either way, with what I have seen so far

Statistically

More than left or right-handed people, it is the ambidextrous people that are rare in this world :)

The rest of the remaining people are 70℅ right and 30℅ left handed.

Last edited:
    Back