• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It always seems whenever we go down at my job, it's always two or three people, and never only one person.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    we would've been okay if we were down one person but nopeeee someone had to call out being "sick". if i had known it was going to be as bad as it was i would've tried asking tara for help but part of me didn't want to after asking her to save me on friday. so please for the love of everything i hope this week is better especially thursday @_@

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That sucks, being short on staff.

Not experienced it much myself beyond sometimes covering for other teachers at karate from time to time, and I didn't mind it as it tended to be when I would go to karate anyway. Plus, extra money.

Years
  • being short on people hurts my job a lot. heck, being short even one person yesterday was enough to frustrate my boss quite a bit, because since everyone else was busy with their workload, she had to have my other boss catch up on the work that said person wasn't here to do.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I was two servers, one manager and one chef short last night at work and I have never wanted the ground to swallow me up so much in my life. Saturday night short... a no

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    What tf happened for none of those guys to show up especially the manager????????

Im just glad everyone showed today it was so nice and slow compared to the other two days lol....

Years
  • My mom's work has people pulling overtime bc they don't have enough people.
    However, here in Canada, they have to pay you double for each hour over 8 hours.

Years
  • In the US there isn't necessarily a daily requirement before overtime kicks in, but it kicks in for certain after the 40th hour of a person's work week

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    What tf happened for none of those guys to show up especially the manager????????

Im just glad everyone showed today it was so nice and slow compared to the other two days lol....

'sickness' and 'greater forces'

Years
  • meanwhile where I work, you can't work more than 29 hours a week as part timers due to federal law 🙃

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well. Glad my employees arent strictly fulltime or parttime. Though i suppose its not something we have to follow for fast food.

Last edited:
    Years
  • meanwhile where I work, you can't work more than 29 hours a week as part timers due to federal law 🙃

lol back when I used to work for a full-service restaurant, despite being "part-time", I was working full-time hours. It was not uncommon to work 35ish hrs/week.

So I kinda figured that was just a normal thing. Apparently not. :<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back