• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

Years
  • Introduced my cousin's son to Ghibli movies earlier this week. We watched From Up on Poppy Hill and Howl's Moving Castle.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Due to the S2 situation... I've started reading The Promised Neverland manga. I don't know what the hell else was changed so I'm playing it safe by reading from the beginning.

pkmin3033

I started a Dragonball rewatch recently - going through the original series, Z, and will eventually be watching Super for the first time - and I've just gone through the first World Martial Arts Tournament. I've forgotten a lot of it, so it's been quite enjoyable. I'm sure that'll change when I get to the parts I DO remember (I might just skip over Garlic Jr and Great Saiyaman in Z entirely tbh) but for now, good stuff.

Years
  • I started a Dragonball rewatch recently - going through the original series, Z, and will eventually be watching Super for the first time - and I've just gone through the first World Martial Arts Tournament. I've forgotten a lot of it, so it's been quite enjoyable. I'm sure that'll change when I get to the parts I DO remember (I might just skip over Garlic Jr and Great Saiyaman in Z entirely tbh) but for now, good stuff.

The martial arts tournaments in Dragon Ball itself are generally pretty fun as they're never really all that serious, imo.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Not really a frequent visitor of this section, but I just wanted to share that I've started watching Demon Slayer, and it's quite good! 😃 Popular opinion alert: Nezuko is the greatest

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I watched all of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul over the span of a day. I tried watching this back when I was 12 but I did not have the stomach to make it past the first episode so I gave up on it fairly quickly! 7 years later, I think it was an interesting watch. It's outside of my usual genre but I enjoyed the change in watching a darker-themed show.

It started off good but some of the plot and characters felt like it could have been much better developed, hopefully they resolve that in the later seasons though? I think they did a good job in some aspects, notably I had a lot of trouble watching some of the more gory/violent scenes as mainly I was finding it hard not to sympathise with the pain some of the characters were experiencing. The torture in some of the later episodes was brutal to me. Definitely had to pause and walk away at times but I also have a very low tolerance for this type of content as it's not what I'm used to. Still the plot intrigued me so I wanted to check it out! The OP is probably one of my favourites in anime and originally why I wanted to watch the show. Maybe I'll look into the later seasons or at least read the manga. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I watched all of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul over the span of a day. I tried watching this back when I was 12 but I did not have the stomach to make it past the first episode so I gave up on it fairly quickly! 7 years later, I think it was an interesting watch. It's outside of my usual genre but I enjoyed the change in watching a darker-themed show.

It started off good but some of the plot and characters felt like it could have been much better developed, hopefully they resolve that in the later seasons though? I think they did a good job in some aspects, notably I had a lot of trouble watching some of the more gory/violent scenes as mainly I was finding it hard not to sympathise with the pain some of the characters were experiencing. The torture in some of the later episodes was brutal to me. Definitely had to pause and walk away at times but I also have a very low tolerance for this type of content as it's not what I'm used to. Still the plot intrigued me so I wanted to check it out! The OP is probably one of my favourites in anime and originally why I wanted to watch the show. Maybe I'll look into the later seasons or at least read the manga. :)

While Tokyo Ghoul is decidedly not my cup of tea, so many of my friends liked Season 1. Based on the opinions of those people, there's a pretty strong consensus that RootA needs to be skipped if you're watching the anime. If it doesn't click for you, probably best to move onto the next season or the manga.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I watched all of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul over the span of a day. I tried watching this back when I was 12 but I did not have the stomach to make it past the first episode so I gave up on it fairly quickly! 7 years later, I think it was an interesting watch. It's outside of my usual genre but I enjoyed the change in watching a darker-themed show.

Everything after season one of Tokyo Ghoul is... bad. I'd recommend just reading the manga.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Thank you both I'll take that into account :D I've also heard the later seasons aren't the best so I've started reading the manga! Will slowly make my way through it.

In terms of anime, I started watching Angel Beats yesterday. I'm curious to see where the plot goes. \o/

Back