• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Like Button

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Do you like people's posts? Do you like it when people like yours? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE LIKE BUTTON?

Years
I love the like system! Didn't think I would but it's just such a great and fun way to express interests in posts or threads. Plus I sometimes use it in place of thank you posts where I wouldn't have much else to say... it's easier than VMing.

I don't really mind if I get likes or not though it is always nice~

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
SDtop using caps, Mac :()

Whenever I see captials letters I always think you're yeelling and I yell in my head when I'm reading your post, but I have a sore throat :(

I actually really like the like post, it's cool to see when people likes your post or whenever it bugs out and someone ends up getting 10 likes nad you're like wow, a lot of peple liked that post and you check to see it's all by the same person who just messed up the like system :P

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I use it mostly in the question / feedback threads, or announcements if a staff member posts something that I find neat. In normal threads I forget about it a lot, but I try to use it when I remember.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
scz7Nk0.png

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I click the like button on anything I like more than usual I guess? Or sometimes in response to someone who has quoted me if I have nothing more to add. And I like when people like my posts because I feel like that means I'm doing alright. ^_^

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I like the like button x3 I like liking other people's posts if they appeal to me or if I agree to their contents. It's a quick and great way of approval! (Y) If I get likes, it makes me happy and I smile inside. C:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
When the feature first came out, I didn't really like it much. Not really sure why; maybe it had to do with the fact that as an admin, liking a post always felt like I was outright endorsing it? So I felt I had to be really careful about what I liked since it's public and has no explanation. So even if I liked how a post was written, I'd also have to like the content in order to justify hitting the button. I just felt I had to be really careful about everything.

Definitely use the system a fair bit now though. It's so handy to be able to like a post if it already says pretty much everything I want to say, no matter the tone. I don't have to feel useless as I quote the post and add nothing to it besides agreement which is what we'd have to do in the past to show support. (I guess I'm mainly thinking in terms of Q&F with this.) I try to like any posts that make me smile, think, or otherwise engage me.

As for when posts of mine get liked... I think it's a pretty fun game to try to predict which posts will get lots of likes as I post them. I'm usually right but sometimes when a particularly witty (in my opinion) post goes "unnoticed", it can be a little disappointing. ;P

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I love it when people like my posts cause it's nice to know someone agrees with me or finds my post funny. I like things on here all the time. It's usually forum announcements or changes , but I like just any post I agree with or find amusing.

Years
I am very picky about my likes. I've been like that both on Facebook and here on PC. I hardly notice when I'm liked either. Guess I just don't care about it very much. *shrugs*

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I generally think it's a nice feature. Im very stingy with likes and only press it if I genuinely like something. If Ive liked a post, you know I've approved lol.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'll be honest, when it was first introduced (or when I came back from a long absence, forgot which was first), I had some real issues with the like system. Granted, most of what I had to complain about was hypothetical stuff that never came into fruition. But at the time, I had issues with it. Add the fact that I thought it was becoming more "Facebooky", and I was seriously bothered.

Today, though, I don't mind it at all. All my negative assumptions proved false, and I'm happy for that. Personally, I don't like people's post all that much, but I do every now and then. And I do like it when my post gets liked, I'll be honest. =P

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I like the like button :3 I press it when I like someones post :3

Back