• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of other forums do you use

Years
    • Seen today
    So which other message boards/forums are your favorites?

It would be cool to hear...since I like having somewhere to post casually.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    This was it, and Reddit too but I rarely visit Reddit anymore.

Why is PokeCommunity shutting down?

Years
    • Seen today
    This was it, and Reddit too but I rarely visit Reddit anymore.

Why is PokeCommunity shutting down?

In the "feedback and support" section you can find most people discussing it.

I don't like Reddit too much. They have a big mob mentality, especially when it comes to downvoting people.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have accounts on a couple of other forums, but the only one I really ever frequent besides this one is Smashboards.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • Only ones I ever go to are this one and My Little Game Dev...which is pretty much super dead, unless you count like a few chatrooms for it or something. Said few chatrooms...two died and there's a third one which I haven't visited for a while now. I did check out a forum based on the Nasuverse (i.e. Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Garden of Sinners/Kara no Kyoukai, all that good stuff) for a little bit, but I haven't register for it.

EDIT: Oh right! I also dabbled with the Nuzlocke Fourms. But that was a very, very, very, VERY LONG time ago. I remember doing a Nuzlocke there before...but then I stopped. Don't think I'll ever be able to update said Nuzlocke, since the data for it died alongside my old computer.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I go on quite a few forums, most of them being like.. pokemon forums or general chat forums. one forum i go on is dedicated to dan and phil and i tend to visit that daily but. yeah. i mostly just visit general chat forums a lot or the other pokemon forums a lot. idk. im a member of a lot of forums. a /lot/. but i havent visited a lot of them in a very long time

Years
    • Seen today
    I have accounts on a couple of other forums, but the only one I really ever frequent besides this one is Smashboards.

I remember Smashboards

Used to browse it sometimes, but never did make an account.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I have an account on lots of other forums, mostly anime and gaming related. But I'm only active on OTK (a love live forum) and Bulbagarden, the latter of which I'm a mod on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    None, really. It's become hard to find interesting forums nowadays.
    Smashboards still going strong? I've heard Smash is going through some sort of a low currently due to circumstances.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Smashboards still going strong? I've heard Smash is going through some sort of a low currently due to circumstances.
    Yeah it's still going alright. Not as well as it used to be though--character boards are dead as fuck, Discord was not good for them. Bayonetta has driven a handful of people away. But it still breathes and doesn't look like it's about to die.

AetherBoyMicha

Aether Employee
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I've been on a tiny forum owned by a friend for about 4 years now, the name's changed three times (and it's been rebooted 3-4 times) but right now it's called The Artist Zone. It used to be Pokemon-specific mostly in its old days but now it's just general fandom and stories/art.

Otherwise I've been on GameFAQs if that counts, lurking on the Ultra-Sun board. It's full of trolls and overrun by alts heheh.
    It's horrible but addictive. I don't recommend checking it out if you're not already involved. It'll ruin your life.

Years
  • I've been on a tiny forum owned by a friend for about 4 years now, the name's changed three times (and it's been rebooted 3-4 times) but right now it's called The Artist Zone. It used to be Pokemon-specific mostly in its old days but now it's just general fandom and stories/art.

art/creative forums are cute! I hope you will continue making good memories there =)

uhh I used to be active on Lake Valor but didn't have much time to split between two forums, so I've not been going there as much. Back in the golden days of forums I'd be active on sooo many though, most notably Ever Grande City, Petalburg Woods, and Bulbagarden among others lol. Pokémon forums were my thing. Not too into other types of forums tho, so you'd never really see me elsewhere. atm it's mostly just PC.

AetherBoyMicha

Aether Employee
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    art/creative forums are cute! I hope you will continue making good memories there =)

uhh I used to be active on Lake Valor but didn't have much time to split between two forums, so I've not been going there as much. Back in the golden days of forums I'd be active on sooo many though, most notably Ever Grande City, Petalburg Woods, and Bulbagarden among others lol. Pokémon forums were my thing. Not too into other types of forums tho, so you'd never really see me elsewhere. atm it's mostly just PC.

Thanks :) We've been through rough patches (because even forums with 100-200 members top have drama) but I've made some great friends there :3

So many people tried to recruit me to Lake Valor lol but I always thought it was way too big and it overwhelmed me haha. This place is big too but I'm already getting a good atmosphere with how nice people seem to be ^^

Back