• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HEJ DÅ! WIE GEHT ES? WELCOME TO PC! 幻音幻音! ЗДРАСТВУЙТЕ!!

droomph

weeb
Years
So what do you do with new members? Do you post in their welcome thread, approach them and start talking and stuff (I'm looking at you Hikariiiiiiiii) or do you tend to avoid talking to anyone with a lower post count and later join date than you?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I don't pay much attention to new members unless they start posting in the same forums that I'm in at the time, I sometimes make exceptions and welcome them on their thread though.

Years
I've tried to greet newbies a few months back but it later dawned on me that most of my greeting posts were pretty much the same but worded a bit differently so it became hard to continue that trend. Nowadays, I only reply to certain introduction threads every once in a while. Same goes for Celebration threads, too.

Sometimes I stumble upon newbies posting threads in the Art Gallery so I usually leave a reply there and perhaps friend request them depending on how I'm feeling at the time. There's not much I do other than that. >:

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've tried to be active in New Users / Welcome, but it's really hard to come up with things to say unless the person really gives you something to work with. I'm not going to give up, but saying that I post in their welcome threads would be a lie at this point because I haven't for quite a while :P

I don't exactly approach them, but I don't avoid them either. I encourage anybody to VM me if they want to!

Last edited:
Years
One should know that I tend to greet new users, except those who are requesting Roleplaying/ROM Hacking.

And yes droomph, expect me to greet a new user.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I don't do anything with new members, unless they do something that stands out to me or has an interesting username that catches my attention or if they talk to me first. I don't go out of my way to greet them or interact with them, but I don't go out of my way to avoid them. If we cross paths, I'll communicate with them. If not, I won't. Has nothing to do with having a lower post count or newer join date than me. I just don't care enough to be bothered by interacting with every new member.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont really talk to a lot of new members. If they VM me or something I will talk to them, Im happy to, but other than that I really dont talk to new users here.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I try to greet them, either on thread, PM, VM, or just anyway I can. Some stay talking to me and others go their separate ways on the forums.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For me it's basically look for any mentions of battling anything related to battling or competitive battling, then reply. B2/W2 is another thing I can reply about but otherwise I basically only use NU/W as a place to welcome future competitive battlers. :x /badbadbad

BUT YEAH I post in their intros, don't really vm new people randomly without posting in their intros though. XD;

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Nowadays pretty much everyone I see is a "new member" to me aka someone I've never met hahaha but I discriminate a whole lot less now than I did before. In the past I wouldn't talk to anyone I didn't know unless they approached me first-- and they had to have a damn good reason for approaching me, i.e. same interests or friends.

That's kind of how I kept/keep my policy for newbie threads too-- If they mention they like something that I like, I'll respond and give them a welcome, but if they don't share any interests with me I move on and don't say anything. I never discriminated against post count or join date though, because there are some people who are older users than me and hmmmmm well lets say I don't really get along with them hahaha-- I discriminate only on how someone's personality meshes with mine. =v=d

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I try to greet them, either on thread, PM, VM, or just anyway I can.

kurui: master of subtlety

Unless the member has an interesting username, I don't interact with new members at all. Even then, I only drop off a silly message congratulating them on their username, lol. I don't see the point of me getting 'involved' with new members, I don't know them and unless I come to like them I probably won't ever know them. I'm not ignoring them simply because they're new members, it's simply that I don't care enough to talk to every new member on the forum.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i used welcome a lot when i was new but nowadays I don't welcome much

Years
It depends how busy I am. I like to welcome new people that have an interesting, thought out post (more than "hai im newz heer"), but I'd rather post in more on topic threads. =P

Years
I don't go out of my way to welcome new members anymore. I'm a terrible person, I know. I hardly notice people as new, tbh. I just see someone new to posting to OVP, if that makes sense. It helps that I don't have join dates on the postbit, hahaha.

Many years ago, I modded NU/W for a few months. I felt like I had to welcome every new member. That kind of burnt me out from welcoming...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like to pop in to NU/W and welcome a few people, but normally I do that on a semi-random basis, with no real strategy as to who to welcome or how to welcome them. If I see a new member making good posts and having a good time, I'll sometimes leave a nice post comment or VM; likewise, if any member - whether old or new - makes the effort to talk to me, I try and return the courtesy. But I don't make a special case for new members... or old members, for that matter! :D

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, it depends if their interests are the same as mine, because I could talk about it for days. Sometimes, if they are mature enough, then same thing applies.

Back