• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Boasting

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
  • Do you guys/girls ever boast about stuff you get or have done ?

I only boast if I feel it is really an special thing I have got or done.

Do you get annoyed when people boast to you about stuff they got or have done ?

Yes it is really annoying when people boast about stuff them got or have done . If you ask me these kind of people really need to know that not everyone cares about what that are boasting about.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I jokingly boast with friends, but they all know I'm kidding. I tend to be overly cocky with sports and stuff cause I've always been good at them.

I do get really annoyed when there are people that actually boast ALL THE TIME. I swear, the worst is old people though. They will tell you about their 'impressive' things they've done when they were a kid OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Years
  • I have a tendency to boast about things a little because of my rather competitive nature, and I do feel as though I can become a bit too boastful about things sometimes. Usually I won't really boast unless I'm seriously proud of the achievement. I try not to be overly boastful because people who boast too much irritate me.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I don't usually boast per se but I tend to get really caught up in projects I'm working on, and people sometimes mistaken that for boasting. I will boast sometimes to people if, say, I'm a new hire or something, but not usually.

Years
  • I don't usually boast about stuff, even if i'm proud of it, sometimes i'll keep it to myself.

As for others, it really depends on what it is they manage to accomplish.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I guess I boast about things sometimes, but only things I am really proud of. Like, last year, I competed in my first ever eisteddfod, and I won. So yes, I did a bit of boasting.

I don't mind if people boast a little, like, tell you their accomplishments and stuff (if that's considered boasting), but if they continue for ages about it, and/or make you feel inferior to them because of it, yes, I get annoyed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I boast all of the time and some times it comes back to bite me in the ass. I joke for fun most of the time, but I mean it sometimes. I hate people that boast all the time, especially if they suck at what they are boasting about. I guess it's the pot calling the kettle black. :p

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Do you guys/girls ever boast about stuff you get or have done ?

I only boast if I feel it is really an special thing I have got or done.

Do you get annoyed when people boast to you about stuff they got or have done ?

Yes it is really annoying when people boast about stuff them got or have done . If you ask me these kind of people really need to know that not everyone cares about what that are boasting about.

I will admit when I was younger I did boast a lot on items I had that others didn't but I matured and learned it wasn't right and that everyone doesn't have it as easy in this world. Now a days I do get annoyed, even more so when there kids and they aren't earning it and there parents are the ones working hard for the stuff they have.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • I don't boast, I just acknowledge I'm better than every single one of you.

I'm kidding, of course. I was always really modest until about 6th grade, and even then I only did it as a joke.

In high school, I've given myself the reputation as "the funny idiot" to my friends, so I do boast about my intellect occasionally just to remind them I'm not the idiot they say I am. But that's the only time I'll do it.

It does really bug me when people boast seriously. My best friend does it all the time and it makes me want to say some nasty stuff, which isn't really being a good friend on my part, haha. I always just tell him he's being conceited and leave it at that.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I get excited about things that happen, or that I get sometimes, and will tell people about it. "OMG I GOT THIS THING", but I don't really shove things in people faces, or brag about things. I actually do the opposite, and can keep things I did to myself, or get nervous or embarrassed if it's mentioned. Also if I get something that I know someone else wants, I tend to not talk about the fact that I have it at all, because I don't want them to feel left out.

I've had a few friends over time that have bragged about things, and it's like "good for you, do you want a cookie?" xD; I don't find it becoming. You can tell or show people things without sounding like you're trying to one-up them.

Years
  • I honestly try to not boast about things that they probably wouldn't find interesting so I tend to keep things to myself. On the other hand, I have a couple friends who are obsessed with materialistic items like brand name clothing and they are probably the most irritating people to talk to; it's all they want to talk about! One of them takes it further into Instagram and telling me to like his photos. First of all, I don't have to listen to you, and second, I will like what I like. Overall, I'm a simpleton and try not to make a big deal out of anything.

Togfan

Decently-behaving Anime Girl
    Years
  • I can be proud of my achievements but I never brag about it
    Bragging is pretty annoying really, although if you did something impressive then sure ypu're allowed to be proud of it and tell about it

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I boast all of the time and some times it comes back to bite me in the ass.
    Pretty much the opposite of this. I don't particularly like talking about my accomplishments, so when it comes time to sell yourself on like applications and during interviews, I come up with nothing.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I never do boast, or I can't really recall if I ever have boasted about something.
    I like to act cocky in a joking way, for instance, I like to quote 'Thor' at work and yell ''at least make it a challenge for me!'' when we're completely getting owned with orders... xD

There is this one person at TAFE, I just started last week but he seems to boast about how he trained ever since he was 12 (Fitness course by the way) and that his country has the best quality food and what not. I grew tired and just didn't want to listen anymore.

Back