• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many tabs

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Am on my phone and not sure it counts in the same way here haha. I forget to close tabs and end up spending a whole minute closing them with a month or two in between xD

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • 28 tabs in my personal profile in Seamonkey, 43 tabs in my Venia Silente persona profile also in SM, 9 tabs in a work profile also in SM, 21 tabs in a randomness & memes profile on Firefox, and 2 tabs in a Private profile because of bank account also on Firefox.

Not counting the 41 tabs I have closed in Opera Presto because that's closed ATM.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    unknown.png

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • 13, at the time I opened this thread. *Click* There, I just closed two of them. 11. 4 in one window, 7 in the other.
    In theory, I'm one of those "I HAVE THE RIGHT TO OPEN HOWEVER MANY TABS I WANT LEAVE ME ALONE" sort of people; but my computer (Chromebook) can be slow, so it's not practical to have a bunch.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Right now 11, but only because final project season is over. The most I have ever had open (according to discord chat records since my friends find it amusing) was 80+ tabs on two different web browsers. I'm not sure exactly how many 80+ because the message is "I'm down to 79 tabs this morning" and that's the highest number I can find.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    4, which is what it usually is. Don't think that I've ever had more than 10 open ever and I'm not sure why I'd ever have more than that open at any time really. Like, what are some of you doing that you have 20+ open?

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Like, what are some of you doing that you have 20+ open?

Various things. When I had the 80+ tabs open, I was working on two research projects and five research papers and I wanted to keep track of everything for citation purposes. It was easier to just keep everything open than anything else.

But typically, it's for homework reasons. Usually one tab is music, a tab or two for forums or other things, maybe a couple open for design ideas, and the rest is homework.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Six, at the minute. That's usually the most I have at a time. I usually have only five tabs open, but when I'm here, that's six.

I usually have the same tabs open daily: Pokemon Crossroads (a forum), My Twitter Notifications, My Kitsu Library, My Love Live School Idol Tomodachi Account, and whatever Shady Anime Streaming Site I happen to have open, lmfao.

User Anon 1848

7. Usually I have about 4 or 5 tabs open. Sometimes I catch myself posting or about to post in the wrong thread when I'm not paying close attention.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I only have one right now, but I most commonly have only 3-7, usually never 10 or more unless I'm shopping and open different item pages at once. lol

I think it's ingrained into me, the old ways of the internet, commonly having only a few windows open at once so your computer didn't die. (before tabs came around)

So I'm still careful, because also my computer is about 8 years old now, and it chugs if I have too many tabs open.

NOW MY PHONE... that's another demon entirely, I usually have 80 or so that I forget to close out of, and eventually go "oops".

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Four in one browser, one in another. o/ Not too many!

Back