• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokemon and IV Training for Sun and Moon

blue

gucci
Years
  • At 2028.3 lbs, Mudsdale is the heaviest non mega/non legendary Pokemon of all. There are only three Pokemon heavier than this and they are Primal Groudon, Groudon and Mega Metagross.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Holy crap, that was completely unexpected. It makes me wonder what else we'll be getting besides the "Alola Guide" in CoroCoro next month.

I hope Wimpod gets a good evolution or 2, because I've always wanted a Bug/Water that wasn't a Surskit. I wonder if it will eventually change to a Water/Poison or Bug/Poison though, since according to its description it excretes a toxic poison and it's said to be cleaning up trash out of water.

I really like Comfey and Mudsdale also, I've always wanted another horse Pokemon besides the Ponyta line. I too think that Comfey could have similar traits and evolutions to the Flabebe line.

Years
  • At 2028.3 lbs, Mudsdale is the heaviest non mega/non legendary Pokemon of all. There are only three Pokemon heavier than this and they are Primal Groudon, Groudon and Mega Metagross.

Mudsdale heaviest non-Mega and non-legendary? Dayuuuum... that thing's gonna crush you

Years
  • I really love Bounsweet and Mudsdale, the rest are meh :/
    Hyper training is cool though but I'm disappointed we didn't learn anything else about the region.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The real story is the absolutely incredible (what I assume to be) battle music.

Years
  • tumblr_oakiunh6nc1tr1l2vo2_540.jpg

Bounsweet appears to be based on this Hawaiian fruit, called a mangosteen.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Out of all of the new Pokémon, Mudsdale is my favorite. Bounsweet seems to be your typical pure Grass type, so nothing special about it. We got another aquatic arthropod in the form of Wimpod, but its new ability seems unless for competitive battling. Comfey better have a recovery move in order to put the other new ability to good use. So that's what Bewear and Mimikyu's abilities do; Fluffy is basically Fur Coat with a Fire weakness, and Disguise allows you to prevent taking damage for one use only.

Years
  • Out of all of the new Pokémon, Mudsdale is my favorite. Bounsweet seems to be your typical pure Grass type, so nothing special about it. We got another aquatic arthropod in the form of Wimpod, but its new ability seems unless for competitive battling. Comfey better have a recovery move in order to put the other new ability to good use. So that's what Bewear and Mimikyu's abilities do; Fluffy is basically Fur Coat with a Fire weakness, and Disguise allows you to prevent taking damage for one use only.

Wimpod's ability might make it switch out if it's hit during a trainer battle since you can't naturally flee from those.

Comfey used what looked like a healing move in the trailer, probably Synthesis or Recover.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • The mention of Mudsdale being one of the heaviest Pokemon I too am stunned at that, haha.

I think I prefer the designs from the last news than this one, but the new Pokemon here are still pretty cool. I think my favorites are Mimikyu and Mudsdale, though I'm warming up to Comfey too.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • tumblr_oakiunh6nc1tr1l2vo2_540.jpg

Bounsweet appears to be based on this Hawaiian fruit, called a mangosteen.

I was wondering where I had seen that Pokemon's design before. I couldn't put my finger on the name of the fruit, but I knew what it was.

Interestingly, that fruit isn't Hawaiian-native. While it can grow in any tropical climate, it is primarily found in Southeast Asia.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I like Bounsweet, but none of the others are speaking to me. Being able to boost your IVs though, that's really something.

Years
  • One thing I hope is that we can get the special types of Poke Balls at a good point of the game because Wimpod's ability is going to make it extremely hard to catch without Quick Balls.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • I've already expressed my opinions on hyper training in the thread dedicated to the feature. They're rather mixed. I don't see the point of having both IVs and EVs if they both serve such similar purposes now. Of course, I can't make a fair judgement without more information, but if this is the only change to the system then I just don't get it.

Years
  • Wimpod will probably evolve into something very brave and confident. I hope so anyway.

These are again all good looking 'mons (mostly, that horse though) with a good spread of types and interesting abilities. I feel really good about these games.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I absolutely love mudsdale and kabuto 2.0, but the teddy bear is a bit much.

Hawaiian cherrim and Hawaiian flabebe are neat, but I can't see myself keeping them around for long.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Mudsdale's ability is really good - assuming it'll have decent defence stats then taking it down with physical attackers is going to be pretty hard.

I like Beware tbh. It seems to be a very strong physical 'mon so again, I'm hoping it'll have the base stats to back it up. Its ability is a bit like Furfrou's overcoat ability, but Furfou doesn't have good stats.

Mimikyu's ability seems to be good for avoiding a potentially dangerous attack - hope it gets a priority move like shadow sneak to counter attack.

Years
  • Comfey is the cleric pokemon type that I always wanted! If this thing learns Aromatherapy... It's instantly going on my team forever. No buts, no questions or if, definitely going on my permanent physical build teams.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Kind of iffy on Mudsdale's design - but I love the ability, and I'm blown away by how much it weighs. O:

Bounsweet I'm completely indifferent too and I doubt I'd ever use it - unless it's evolution speaks to me. Which very few grass types do.

I'm not a fan of Beware's design/look. Looks more like normal/fairy or fairy/fighting to me. The name is hilarious, but that's about it. :/

I like Comfey's design and I'm intrigued by it's ability, too. I wonder if Comfey will be Alola's replacement of Chansey/Audino as Nurse Joy's assistant? I have a bad feeling Comfey will be single stage, like Klefki was.

Mimikyu is cool looking with a good typing. I may or may not use it when the games come out. It's a wait-and-see for this pokemon. :)

Wimpod - oh my god yes! Finally a bug/water type! Now please GameFreak keep it as such! I really do hope Wimpod evolves into something akin to Kabutops, too :D~

As for the IV training - from the sounds of it, I like it. Assuming IVs stay random then each pokemon would still be considered unique up until they hit level 100 and then they finish hyper training. So I like the key difference between EVs and IVs that still exists. Plus this does reward players who train up to 100 and allows easier access into Comp. battles too. :)

Back