• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 11

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
  • You cant please everybody, i think Microsoft should offer a built in theme of windows 10 for those who wish to go back but use windows 11 i guess.
    However personally im enjoying windows 11 and i like the design changes.

Years
  • My gripe about it is the strict requirements

but you can blame Spectre and Meltdown for that one

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My gripe about it is the strict requirements

but you can blame Spectre and Meltdown for that one

are they planning on making computers built in with windows 11? I did hear many computers aren't even compatible to update to windows 11 at this point in time

not that i plan on getting a windows 11 computer until it's like absolutely required (windows 10 support ending) but still

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My laptop isn't compatible with it, and Asus is working on a BIOS update so my desktop can support Windows 11, but I hope it releases soon so I can actually get it, otherwise the desktop I JUST PUT TOGETHER won't be compatible with it (I'm using a 6th gen processor). I really am not a fan of the strict requirements myself, and I really am not liking that I might already have to look at upgrading my computer.

I did try it on my laptop though before they locked down the TPM and processor requirements and it's definitely nice. My laptop struggled with it, but I think that's a result of the aging hard drive since the subsequent revert to Windows 10 is still running fairly slow.

Years
    • Online now
    Currently using a chromebook and don't have much of a need to switch

I never download anything and the fast browsing is too convenient.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The requirement is far demanding than windows 10, I mean I have all is needed for the upgrade but I rather just stick by and avoid another upgrade-downgrade problem.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I remember trying out Windows 10 on my laptop years ago. It was very sluggish and was one of the main factors for switching off of Windows altogether. I still use my laptop but it's now so old that it probably doesn't even fit the requirements, anyway. It also doesn't have UEFI which seems to be a requirement these days, as well.

At work I actually don't know. I assume we'll need to try out the new OS just to make sure our software still works fine on Windows 11. So I'll probably not get around having to use it at some point.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I have no idea if my computer can even run Windows 11 and I'm not really in a rush to find out.

Maybe corporate will update our work computers to Windows 11 and I'll check it out then, but to be honest, I'm quite happy (well, as happy as I can be with Windows) right now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Huh. I haven't even heard of it :V what's different?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Huh. I haven't even heard of it :V what's different?

You...haven't heard of Windows 11?

Well, the interface is different. It looks a little like this:

Windows_11.png
    Much different from Windows 10, if I'm being honest.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hm. maybe they try to adapt it to wide screens more, what with the centering and further split screen options etc.

Years
  • I've thought about putting Windows 11 on my laptop, as that has a TPM 2.0 chip on it. I haven't really thought about bypassing the requirements to get it onto my desktop, though.

Prelawpikachu

Item # 173, "The Sculpture"
    Years
  • are they planning on making computers built in with windows 11? I did hear many computers aren't even compatible to update to windows 11 at this point in time

not that i plan on getting a windows 11 computer until it's like absolutely required (windows 10 support ending) but still
    i just said the 1st ones are revealed

Years
  • Windows 11 is just another spyware OS from Microsoft, I think it'll spy on the user even more than Windows 10 because Microsoft has declared that starting January 1, 2023, all NEW laptops running on Windows 11 will need to have a front-facing camera.
    I'm not saying I agree with Microsoft's decision, but it's moot. 99% 100% of modern laptops already come with webcams on them. Should they disallow computers from disabling the webcam driver, then I'll have a problem with that.

Last edited:

Prelawpikachu

Item # 173, "The Sculpture"
    Years
  • You quoted a post that was older than the one you made stating that. Please try to be a little nicer in that regard :)

sorry i can kinda be like that sometimes, maybe i ate too much dry ribs earlier
    but do any of the new machines look tasteful?
    almost as tasteful as those dry ribs

Last edited:
    Years
  • I highly doubt my laptop I just got just recently will work with windows 11, guess eventually I'll have a laptop with it in some years when an affordable budget one is released.

Edit: My laptop is eligible for the upgrade, just checked lol.

Last edited:
    Back