• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I had that happen a lot last year with a lot of events happening that weren't really good things at all, IRL problems and more. I bounced back I'd say but how I did it... idk I always say its demon magic x)
    Always this talk of demon magic O.o!

Can never think too much.
    You definitely can think too much. Sometimes it's better to just take a deep breath and force yourself to smile and browse imgur for a while c:

I'm going to be honest: The older I get, the most I dread my 30s.

This is more because I feel like my 20s are meant to "enjoy adulthood", y'know? Like I'm still kind of a kid, but you're basically kind of a kid adult, if that makes any sense whatsoever. @__@ Like you enjoy the independence and freedom that you have until you hit 30.

And then 30s is when you have to be all Serious Adult and settling into careers and make Super Important life decisions and stuff... ugh.
    Hm, maybe. But I'll always be who I am, and that's not a very serious adult kind of person haha. I can't even see myself buying a house or something like that yet. Maybe one day I'll reach that point, but I doubt I'll ever really feel as adult as anybody who is older than I am.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Idk how I got it, perhaps from some YouTube video I watched years ago, but it stuck with me somehow :p

5fc14a0a4d6a2602caf7dd7200ed5e9263a3f648_hq.gif

pkmin3033

You definitely can think too much. Sometimes it's better to just take a deep breath and force yourself to smile and browse imgur for a while c:
    Well...whatever works for you, I guess? Personally, I'd go mad with worry if I didn't analyse every little thing. It's the little things that trip you up and break something.

It's not always good to be all thought and no output.
    Never said anything about no output, did I?

TY

I had that in the past, untill I proved otherwise... probably one of the more satisfying feelings in life 8)

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • The power of thought is amazing.
    "I can't do it" = You probably won't be able to do it.
    "I'm gonna do it!" =You still might not achieve your goal, but your chances of achieving it go up drastically.

I've failed a lot, I would know :D

Years
  • I've realized recently that doubting myself all the time is really only going to set me back in the long run, so I've made an attempt to better my own mindset by only looking forward, only looking to the past for lessons and tools to use for the future.

It's definitely not easy; as someone with awful depression my thoughts do get in the way, but I've also gotten really tired of that as well and have been doing a lot of mental training (read: meditation) in the hopes of ridding a lot of my negative thoughts.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I've realized recently that doubting myself all the time is really only going to set me back in the long run, so I've made an attempt to better my own mindset by only looking forward, only looking to the past for lessons and tools to use for the future.

It's definitely not easy; as someone with awful depression my thoughts do get in the way, but I've also gotten really tired of that as well and have been doing a lot of mental training (read: meditation) in the hopes of ridding a lot of my negative thoughts.

Deciding to stop taking my meds (Adderall) seemed to helped some but I still need to get rid of all negative thoughts
    Negativity will be the downfall of everyone

Years
  • Deciding to stop taking my meds (Adderall) seemed to helped some but I still need to get rid of all negative thoughts
    Negativity will be the downfall of everyone

I've briefly thought about going on meds, but there was this lingering thought at the back of my mind that it would just make my mindset worse instead of better. I actually want to beat my own negative thoughts on my own without the need for medication.

... Maybe I'm just being nuts, but I know it's possible. n.n

pkmin3033

I decided I was on enough medication without additions.

...plus the side effects for some of them are terrifyingly unpredictable.

pkmin3033

Making yourself feel worse in an effort to make yourself feel better is a common thing with medication. I mean, no denying it works for some, and that's great. But they're not really an exact science when it comes to mental health issues...not in helping you manage them, anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back