• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the largest city you've ever physically been in?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    NYC

not that I've been to a lot of cities, but of the few, that's the clear biggest

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • "What's the largest city you've ever physically been in".

xXY1jDr.png

Anyways, definitely new york. I want to visit hong kong someday, but I think that's a bit smaller anyway.

Years
  • I'm from/live in New York but have actually never been to NYC yet 😮 It's only like 2 hours away, but I lived in several different states for a portion of my life so that's why I never got the chance, I'm sure I'll go eventually. The largest city I've technically been to is Chicago, I never really seen much of it though because I was just there 2 times on 7 hour layovers and spent most of the time inside. Largest I've actually seen much of is Washington D.C because I lived in Northern VA for awhile, and after that Louisville, Kentucky as I lived 45 minutes away from there for many years.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been to New York before, but I was young. I only barely remember driving through it and how all the buildings looked.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • That'd be New York for me! I come from a city that has about 80,000 people in it, so to go from that to the middle of NYC was prettyyyyy daunting, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    The biggest city I've been to is Tokyo, Yokohama also counts as another large city I suppose even though it's super close. Osaka is quite populous as well. The only other big city I've been to is Seoul, though it didn't feel that big.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Definitely Rome 😊
    the historical centre alone is so large and diverse!

Wien and Warsaw are in second place~

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Listed by population, I live in Madrid, been in London for a few weeks over the past decade, worked and lived in Buenos Aires for a year and visited NY for one day.

All about that city life. Whenever I visit the countryside it's like woooo so much not-buildings

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Bringing some diversity to the thread, Manila is the most populated city I've been to. Extremely dense population and a huge buzz when I was there, especially as it was over Christmas

Years
  • Hong Kong is the largest city I've been in over all. Other than that I have a pretty small sample size since it was the only time I've been out of Australia. Sydney and Melbourne are both pretty large though and I've been to both of them.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Los Angeles my main one, lived there for most of my youth (since I was born in 1985 to around 1996)

largest so far, I been to Mexico City once, I do believe its larger than LA

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • Mexico city in the largest city in North America so yeah it's massive and bigger than LA. Did you like it in MC?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I was there for about 4 days in 2000, grandma was visiting relatives, did enjoy Mexico City for sure, culture, food, the atmosphere, traffic was terrible in some parts that I went to. Its so much different than where I live now (in Seattle), I would love to return again some day

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • The largest city I had been in was Philadelphia (I was on the way back from Wildwood, with an overnight pitstop in Gettysburg). You don't know agony until you get stuck in Philadelphia traffic (but then again, I was stuck on the Turnpike for eight hours on the way to a family reunion once).

Back