• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a problem that needs some help. It is about sidequest, Child of the forest, I am supposed to talk to the NPC in the town to collect information about Bugsy, but even after talking with everyone in town including everyone inside the building, I only managed to get 2/4 of the clues. My guess, is... I should have collected the quest before clearing out the gym? I cannot think of what went wrong, or perhaps I need to talk with NPC outside of the town too.

A few random questions which I cannot find an answer to in the game
1. Does STAB mechanic apply in this game too? (After finishing the game, it seems to apply too)
2. How to access the Alt team? Trainer card seems to suggest that I can form an Alt team aside from the standard four in the main team. (Nvm, Prof Elm explained this)

Possible bug:
1.Falkner badge occasionally goes missing from the trainer card
2.Evolution skipped? Totodile and Chikorita at the alt team are at level 23 yet they didn't evolve? I was grinding credits in the battlezone and letting them gain experience.

Possible improvement:
1.Able to view statues of pokemon in the storage rather than needing to take them out first.

Thank you

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Status Update:

I've been working on the big 1.0 update which will finish up the game.

Victory Road is almost complete now, it's a large multipart island dungeon that is filled with powerful pokemon and trainers.

Ehma2Q9.png

6ijoARe.png

yyDPiOs.png

NEW SUMMON: Articuno
Current version has all of the regis, and now, all the birds are compete. Next up... dogs.
dO6S6mZ.png

kD7FpGf.png

6SKIfMk.png

Man I've just started and already love the graphic of this game. Does somebody know if there are other RPG Maker Pokemon games with this style of graphics?
Thanks :) I also love the retro style of the Gen2 graphics, because G/S/C remains my favourite Pokemon games. (Plus they easier to work with.)

I don't really know any other fangames that try a retro style. I know there was one in development a while ago, but not sure what happened to it.
Would be keen to see any other games that use the same style.

Beautiful graphics and love the FF-style gameplay.
Thank you :) FF battle system was a bit divisive at first, but I think it gives the game a unique feel compared to the official games.

Hello, I have a question! My quest log tells me there should be a corrupted exeggcute in Sola Forest. I've scoured the whole place without finding it. I've seen a youtube walkthrough where the player found it near the central lake, behind the breakable boulder, but in my game I only found a Leaf Stone there (I'm playing the latest 0.9 version). Where can I find it then?
Ah, yep. that's a bug. Exeggcute has been found in Viridis Isles since 0.8

First of all, thanks so much Raonak for sticking with this game, I love it to pieces. The style, the humour, the battles, the TM system, the story, all the care put into things big and small... I could only wish the official Pokemon games were more like this. I can hardly wait for the completion of the story!

I'll signal a couple things meanwhile: in the Fractured Islands, if you fill the encounter bar when outside, then (nothing happens and) it disables entrance to the caves. I suppose no one noticed this before since everyone would be using repel on water routes, lol.

Also, I believe the damage formula does not have any STAB in it? (this just from my repeated observations.) I understand that a x1.5 multiplier would dearly unbalance the game, but even stuff like x1.2 would give already a satisfying oomph to same-type moves.

Oh, and the map and the quest log have the annoying behaviour where I have to confirm exiting them when I press Esc instead of just exiting straight away! Could that be rectified?

(Also, I'm stretching it a bit but if the time to heal pokemon at the Pokecenter was proportional to the collective % of missing health of the team, it would be a nice aesthetic touch.)
(And, could the Berry Master also sell regular berries? They're soo useful for battle tower grinding!)

Thanks again, and blessings! 👍

Thanks :) considering I am a solo developer, It is unfortunate to see nintendo taking unnecessary shortcuts in the official games. ah well....

For stab, you're right, it does not exist. It's an engine limitation due to the fact it's based off a FF style battle system. I've sorta tried balancing it by only allowing top tier TMs only being teachable to same type pokmeon.

Does Haunter evolve by level or stone? And when can I get a Fire Stone?

Haunter evolves by level up. somewhere in the 40s.

thanks for the update! i'm a fan of this game and was waiting for it!
i hope you will succeed in reintroducing the scrapped content!

thanks! the 1.0 update will re-add flashbacks that should flesh out the origins of the hypervisors and add some character dynamics that will be used for the climax.

ok, i am crazy, but i would like to propose to have extra hard difficulty.

I would love to have this. It's kinda hard to implement using the engine im using (can't just put out higher-level pokemon enemies).
but there's some more creative ways of introducing difficulty that I want to toy with. such as having options like making pokecenters cost money.

God.......this is one of the best games ive ever played instantly fell in love with it i love the mechanics the character personality the gen 2 goodness everything i hope you continue making more games u r awesome my friend
YEEEEESSSSSS thank you :)

I just discovered this game and I have to say it is the most entertaining Romhack/Fangame I have played in years. I love the entertaining story line and the unique battle/capture system. It doesn't hurt that gen 2 was my favorite generation

So I have this bug where there is an invisible Pokemon taking up a slot in my party. The only thing is there isn't a Pokemon in that slot, the game is treating it as if there was a Pokemon in the slot and not in there at the same time.

The invisible non-existent Pokemon doesn't gain exp. and the game treats my B-team (Where I have the non-existent Pokemon.) when sent into battle as if I have three Pokemon. The main problem is that the game will not let me deposit it. I can't withdraw a Pokemon into that slot because it says the party is full. And when I try to swap it out in the PC the game says "Cannot deposit". Has anyone else encounters this glitch? And if so how do I resolve it?

thanks for mentioning this glitch, i've fixed it up now, and introduced the ability to "deposit all" so that it'll reset the team.

Hi everyone,
I have a problem that needs some help. It is about sidequest, Child of the forest, I am supposed to talk to the NPC in the town to collect information about Bugsy, but even after talking with everyone in town including everyone inside the building, I only managed to get 2/4 of the clues. My guess, is... I should have collected the quest before clearing out the gym? I cannot think of what went wrong, or perhaps I need to talk with NPC outside of the town too.

A few random questions which I cannot find an answer to in the game
1. Does STAB mechanic apply in this game too? (After finishing the game, it seems to apply too)
2. How to access the Alt team? Trainer card seems to suggest that I can form an Alt team aside from the standard four in the main team. (Nvm, Prof Elm explained this)

Possible bug:
1.Falkner badge occasionally goes missing from the trainer card
2.Evolution skipped? Totodile and Chikorita at the alt team are at level 23 yet they didn't evolve? I was grinding credits in the battlezone and letting them gain experience.

Possible improvement:
1.Able to view statues of pokemon in the storage rather than needing to take them out first.

Thank you

For the sidequest, there's a trainer in Arbor Forest that'll give you some info.
and also the info guy at the gym.

There's no STAB mechanics in the game due to engine limitations.

Alt teams won't evolve, you'll need to swap them to your main team and then get into a battle with them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
Hey, amazing game, I love the concept of FF mechanics applied to a pokemon game

A few bugs I noticed:

Helping hand doesn't work on ghost types (atleast it didnt work on my gengar), I guess this is because the move is coded as normal type, maybe you should create a new type that has no immunity for this kind of status move.

Impossible to fill the alt team party, it says it's full despite being 2/4, but you said you fixed this already so I guess I need to wait for the next patch.

It happened a few times that some of my mons had all their gear removed. No idea what caused this, I noticed much later when checking their equipment that everything was back in my inventory, it happened 3 times so far and not always on the same mon.

I left the VOID after the getting the missing part of the portal for Pr.oak on the 3rd (or 4th?) layer (the one called glitch city), and when I came back, all the layers up to the hypervisor were unlocked through the portal, pretty sure this is not supposed to happen as some of those layers have nothing in them aside from the entrance to the next layer.

A few UI improvements that needs to be done:

Scrolling in the menus needs to be more consistent: on some menus when you're on the top most option, pressing up will bring you to the bottom of the list, and pressing down on the bottom most option brings you to the top, and on some others you need to scroll down the whole list. It's mostly about the inventory menu, and the Eevee+evos in battle atk/item/defend... menu after you get the summon command. The other mons menus work just fine.

TMs. Just TMs. The whole system is extremely unclear. No idea which mon can learn which TM, the only time you can check it is when you're purchasing TMs at a merchant, in that case you can see which mon can use it. The same window showing you which mon can use it needs to appear when you hover on TMs in your inventory and when you're looking at the TMs in the refine menu at a pokemon center.
Also TMs descriptions are wrong/old/outdated? Most of the times it has different type(as in phys or spec)/power/accuracy in the description than it has once you learn it. Sometimes even a different description between what's written at the vendor/refine menu compared to the description in the inventory.

I hope that can help. Thanks for your amazing work.

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
just started playing and am currently just finishing the second badge and i must say i like the game so far, and i absolutely LOVE how you referenced merchy from resident evil 4, i had to do a double take when i first used a pokemart in this just to make sure i wasnt seeing anything, and im glad i wasnt imagining it :D

.hack

skunkape
Years
One of the most amazing fan games I've ever seen! Been a supporter of Super Eevee edition for years now & keeping up with it's development and glad to hear we're close to V 1.0!
I was even a "top fan" on fb once upon a time haha! Just found your twitter @'s too so will be trying to keep up with it there also now!
All the best with this last stretch of development
lots of love to the dev!
<3

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
It's amazing to see that this game is nearing completion after all of these years, honestly I'd fell off of Pokemon fangames and have only started getting back onto it but I still remember just how much fun this game was and how it was easily one of my favorite fangames of all time.

Just finishing 100% Pokemon Xenoverse, and once 1.0 of Super Eevee comes out I look forward to playing this game all over again after all of these years.

Thank you for never stopping, and continually making small progress over all these years. I remember the last time I considered playing was for Version 0.8 but it looked like my Save wouldn't carry over from 0.7.4.2 so I ended up delaying and forgetting about it.

Hard to believe it's already been 3 years since then. I look forward to downloading and trying 1.0 once it does drop, I'll likely have to start a new save file but considering how long that's been I look forward to doing it.

The best memories I have of this game I remember were things like the FF style battle system and the Refinement System being surprisingly addicting to use so that I could get stat boosters.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
ok I need to know what happened here; Im curently going through all the sewer tunnels in Magnus to get the Drowzee in the latest build, and I cant find the right path. The correct path used to be in front of the pokemon center, I recall but it appears to have been moved. How do I get the drowzee now?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Honestly, I'm just waiting to see this finally be completed i keep frequenting this thread and reminiscing about when i first played this game, and was blown away by the combat system at time since i didn't play any game from the Final Fantasy series. Ah, good days.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
"Event script referenced a hero that does not exist" error when M tells me to go North immediately after getting into Chapter 4. Crashes when I click ok.
Besides that, I'm really enjoying this game.

EAcce

I click circles
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 27, 2022
I have a problem with my game launching. I was playing SPEE for a long time and a few days ago i started having some delicate issues. Whenever i launch the game it prospects me with infinite "Not implemented" text boxes. After that if I don't end task it ends up in a horrific crash.
Tried redownloading the game, turning off firewall while doing it. Restarting the PC, nothing happens.
Here are my specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Thanks in front, I have already sent a message to Raonak and "[email protected]" about this

blackangel122

Amish Spider
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 25, 2022
I love the game, I remember years ago playing the beta. I'm excited to see the finished product! I have a question. I recently got a steam deck and am using WINE to play SPEE and it works great. Unfortunately there is no overworld sounds but all other sounds work in game. I don't know if it's because WINE is wonky or steamOS being debian based has something to do with it. Have you tried playing it on a linux distro? If so does anyone know a fix for this?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023
I was just wondering is there ways to get multiple stones so i can evolve everything that requires them? i've only gotten a random fire and moon stone so far. 5 badges in.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Hello everybody.

I've finally finished the game!!!!

A secret testing build is now available.
This is the 0.99. It goes up to the end of the story.
Only missing some polish and other things.

Use the launcher.
[Game]>[Private Build]
Enter 4815162342.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Congratulations are in order I suppose, let me be the first to congratulate you on finally finishing the game after all of this time.

Hard to believe it's been 13 years since this game first came out, I wasn't around for when you first released it jumping on around the 3ish year mark, but it's amazing to see this game finally reach completion after all of this time.

Considering we are at 0.99 Build at this point, chances are the saves will now be compatible with the actual final version as well, so I'll download and play it myself now as well.

Was planning on playing a different game, but an achievement this great deserves to be celebrated right away.

Ran into an issue on the first attempt to get to the private Build, but a second try proved successful, so for anyone else trying don't worry and just try again I suppose.

Really Long Post, so going to use some Spoiler tags to save people space.

Also to help with organization, I'll have two separate ones.

One is my more general commentary and the other one will be more based around suggestions, to either put together a FAQ on the open page, or small bugs that can be refined for the final Update.

Beat the game, but I did run into some issues at the end, when you have time can you look at my save file, and general Commentary/Faq Questions.

Think I'll take a break for now, since I'm not sure I'd be able to 100% the game right now as it is.

Glad I played though.

Commentary
Spoiler:

Bugs/Faq/Questions/Requests
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Ah, one of the original fangames from the old days is finally completed. I think I was looking forward to this one the most, because there still isn't really anything else like it in the realm of Pokemon fangames.

My old save got wiped out when I had to reformat my computer a few months ago, but even with a fresh save, it seems a few things changed earlier on. Like I got stomped on by a certain corrupted legendary very early into the game, but I came back and defeated it with my team in the level ~20 range. It's also been interesting to try out Pokemon that I didn't use in prior playthroughs.

(Team commentary)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
(Team commentary)

Spoiler:
What level does Xatu learn Wish at anyways? In OG games Natu Learns it at 40 and Xatu at 48, but if your only at your 4th badge there's no way your at that level.

Wonder what other Pokemon learn healing moves, although once you beat Suicune it kinds of stops mattering outside of combat, and in it items are still better for hard fights.

Also did you ever encounter Entei/Raikou anywhere? If they are anything like Suicune they may just randomly spawn on a certain route.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
It's been going great so far, that being said

Spoiler:

Other than that, it's been great playing through the whole thing again. Almost to the new stuff, at least.

Back