• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What grinds your gears?

Years
  • I'm sure many of you have something that really annoys you. Whether it be your noisy neighbor or blind fanboys (of pretty much anything... from Apple to Microsoft).

What do you find to be an annoyance in your life? And please don't use this thread for sly digs at others and/or personal jibes.

Volim te

I am the alpha and the omega!
    Years
  • Waiting at traffic lights.
    Slow people walking in front of me.
    People that put the milk back in the refrigerator empty!
    People whom play lond music at night while I'm trying to sleep!
    When people say it's "New and improved"
    People that stare at you.
    People that don't pay back money they owe you.
    People that says things about you behind your back.
    Lying males.
    The word "no"

I could list over 9,000 but I am not going too.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Nagging from others. People telling me what to do like they control me. People who think they're the only important thing in existence. Animal cruelty. People who can't be bothered to spend a few extra seconds putting something in the bin. Hunting animals for the sake of hunting animals. People who won't listen to other opinions. Waiting at the traffic lights for a long period of time. Plane flights. People who try to dance around a question. Somebody that can't take no for an answer. Those who pick fun at disabled people. People who are narrow-minded. Change for the sake of change. Waiting for food at a restaurant, being bored, being forced to go to something that I dislike/don't feel like going to, death metal (my ears die), and the list could go on and on. But I think I'll stop there. :p

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I hate it when the teacher says something's not going to be on the test so you don't write it down, then it ends up on the test. I just sit there thinking "thanks a lot." If that's all that bothers me in life then I guess I'm a very tolerant person.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • dumb people.

yes, that includes me.

also, I don't like people who refuse to accept something, who won't listen to differing ideas, etc. And it may or may not be my authority, but hey, it's in my authority to like or dislike someone.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • Exams that are very distantly related from the actual topics studied
    Quizzes with items that extend from a to infinity (exaggeration but yeah)
    Professors that do not interact with their students
    People who demand equality but are actually pretty biased
    People who judge others immediately without even knowing them
    People who are so stuck-up
    Too much noise, waking up because of noise
    Close-minded people, people who are only there when they need you
    Backstabbers, two-faced people, people b*tch about everything (yes, everything)
    Slow internet connection
    Crit-killing Pokemon I want to catch
    People who take forever to walk when someone's behind them
    People who talk to each other as if their mountains apart

Everything pretty much grinds my gears. /jk xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One thing that I find to be really annoying is when my cat gets in my way when I'm about to go down the stairs. She's almost made me fall at one time, and I would've ended up with damaging various parts of my body. It was quite scary. d: I could be a bit impatient when it comes to driving, so I get upset easily when I'm stuck in the middle of a traffic. I could become a little upset when others try to force their opinion onto me as well. I have a mind of my own and have my own opinions, so I feel they should respect that. Another thing that grind my gears is when I'm hungry, and there's nothing to eat in the fridge... well, there's usually something, but most of the time it's not something that I would truly like to eat. xD

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • also, I don't like people who refuse to accept something, who won't listen to differing ideas, etc.
    This is my brother in a nutshell. Whenever we argue, everything I say goes in one ear, and out the other. He's always right, and it doesn't matter if I try to compromise, he won't budge an inch.

That being said, arrogant people really grind my gears. They're really the only kind of people I can't work with.

Years
  • People that chomp or smack their lips while eating or chewing gum, oh my god that drives me absolutely insane. It is like the proverbial ''nails on the chalkboard' for me. And what's worse is people that don't realize it. Like, you have to know you sound like a wild animal. You have ears.

Years
  • Things that grind my gears:

Having to wait for slow people
    Loud noises, especially if coming from parties
    Losing my internet connection
    My computer overheating or lagging
    Unexpected weather changes

I could list even more but this is what I'm aware of that irritates me.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Parties that play bad music.
    Buying something with quiet a bit of money to find out it is either brocken or requires batteries or even if it is a lie. (like cake)

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
    Years
  • Inconsiderate people at the gym who "use" 3+ sets of dumbells to themselves and then just leave all the weights they were using scattered on the floor for others to pick up.
    Also really sweaty people who don't use towels on benches at the gym. i shouldnt have to get a bottle of disinfectant and a paper towel to clean up your mess just so i can use a bench.
    And people who don't offer up their seats to disabled people, expectant mothers or the elderly when they're sitting in the special needs chair on a train.
    All those things grind my gears

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I hate it when my hands smell funny, probably OCD but it bugs me and I think them smell will spread onto everything I touch.

Apart from that, I hate harsh sunlight and people complaining about stuff I don't care about.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I've got a huge list:

- People that imitate/impersonate me (that's a real big one)
    - Country, Rap, & hip-hop music
    - Those who believe in the potential of a zombie apocalypse
    - Anybody that gets up in my face (I like my personal space)
    - Obsessed fanboys/girls
    - Clumsy people
    - Those who prioritize their social lives above everything else
    - People that complain about everything that's conceivable
    - Bad/aggressive drivers
    - Also, the drivers that do this "California Stop"
    - Emotionally unstable people
    - Control freaks
    - Preachers (not the ones found in churches, but those who push their personal beliefs in others' faces)

Hmm, that's all that I can think of right now. I might have forgotten some, though...

Years
  • I'm gonna go be recent recurring things I hate (because I could list soooo many), but for me, this involves driving. I hate it whenever I get stuck behind that one driver that is going under the speed limit and I have to be somewhere, but I also hate it whenever I have people going around me when I'm already going above the speedlimit, which makes no sense at all.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • -People telling me to grow up (I won't)
    -People telling me somethings not "cool" (if I cared, I wouldn't be doing it)
    -People telling me to untuck my shirt (it's my shirt, and I'll do what I want)
    -Modern music (mostly techno. It kills my ears. It's so bad)
    -People telling me to conform (oh yes, lets create a mindless society of followers without any decent leaders. I'm an anti-conformist anyway)
    -People chewing with their mouth open (So. Annoying. And. Gross)
    -Country music (it's great your life sucks, don't write a song about it)
    -Rap (if you wanna swear and vent your anger, do it productively)
    -Big groups of girls in the middle of the hallway (Can you move, oh I dunno, OUT OF EVERYONE'S WAY!?)

Those are the main things.

Sirfetch’d

It takes a lot to annoy me and I mean a LOT. Usually when people say things that I don't agree with or do things that would annoy others, I just try and ignore it. That said, there is one thing that gets me irritated quickly and that is insulting my friends. I cannot stand it when people are hurtful to my friends, especially directly in front of me. If I see this, I will call someone out on it.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • pretty much anyone and everyone besides me and a couple people

or when people are happy over being addicted to something such as drugs or alcohol like wow youre destroying your life congratulations i hope you like dying young

Back