• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite Kalos Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Of all Pokémon that had been introduced in Kalos (including mega-evolutions), which would be your most favorite? Why do you like it so much? Do you have it on your team right now? What moveset do you have for it? o: Have you done online battles with it? Was it any successful?

Years
  • Chespin, Espurr, and Meowstic ye! <3

I have a love for cute Pokemon and these guys are absolutely adorable. Admittedly I didn't much like Chespin at first but he grew on me and now I love him, lol. Espurr and Meowstic are a given since they're cute kitties and can do pretty well in battle if used right. Still gotta breed those hidden ability Espurrs. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    Most of the kalos pokemon weren't all that great so I'm gonna have to say Delphox. When I say there not all that great I mean things like klefki and furfrou. I like that you can change furfrou a hair style, I just don't like furfrou. I get that they're going for the younger demographic but it seems like with every new generation after diamond/pearl there are some inanimate objects that become pokemon. Take klefki for example. He's a key ring with keys on it. He's a fairy type too. Why? Banette was a doll but it has like a backstory. It says it in the pokedex. Klefki doesn't. Just a set of living keys and key ring.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Meowstic (Male) is my favorite Kalos pokemon. :) I recently put it up on my pokemon.com page in my top 6 favorite pokemon. So many things appeal to me about this pokemon... where do I start?

I like cats. I like his color scheme of blue and white and I looove the color of his green eyes. Most gendered-pokemon feature the male as being more offensive and the female as defensive, but I really like how they made the Male passive... which I can really relate to. ^_^

When I was younger, Psychic used to be one of my absolute favorite types because of pokemon like Mew, Starmie, and just how its animations in Pokemon Stadium involved cool blue effects. As I got older, Psychic had slipped into one of my least favorite typings as I began to associate it with all humanshape and awkward pokemon. (You know the ones.) Meowstic was a fresh reminder and renewal for why I liked the psychic type: mysterious, intelligient. Cool and reserved. And how cute is it that its ears unfolding is somewhat rabbit-like? I like it when pokemon incorporate multiple species and influences into their designs.

The funniest thing is that when Meowstic was revealed before XY that I hadn't really thought to use it. It wasn't until I had 5 team members and realized I already had seen all the Kalos pokemon (was avoiding spoilers), that I thought-over Meowstic as a candidate for my 6th. And I just love it when I try out a pokemon in story mode and end up falling in love with it! :D

I currently use a dual screen Meowstic in singles, nicknamed Cream in a Premier Ball, which I've found to be successful in singles in general despite being lower-tier. Its based on (and meant to be the same as) the Bashful Meowstic Male from story mode. I plan to breed one specifically for doubles as apparently its pretty good in that format.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • my favorite kalos pokemon is skiddle/gogoat. Even though I was only able to ride on it for a brief moment in the skiddle ranch, I still find it a very cool pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Some of my favorite Kalos Pokemon are Greninja, Klekfi, Aegislash, and Yveltal. But the Kalos list tops with this guy:

697.png

I got a bit excited when I first heard that we were getting a T-Rex Pokemon. And when it gets Rock Head it will totally pwn you all.

They've all gotten use in online battles....when I battle. Too much breeding lately. Oh, and Tyrantrum's set:

-Tyrantrum w/Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Strong Jaw
    EVs: 252 attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Stone Edge, Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Earthquake

And my favorite mega is probably Mega Lucario.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I have a few that I loved this generation - including the 4 feline-Pokemon introduced, and three of the fox-based Pokemon - Espurr, Meowstic, Litleo, Pyroar, Fennekin, Braixen, & Delphox - and I'm slowly starting to like the Early Normal Type too (Bunnelby & Diggersby)

Of all Pokémon that had been introduced in Kalos (including mega-evolutions), which would be your most favorite? - just love Meowstic (especially the female) out of all Kalos Pokemon, #1 favorite this generation, Pyroar (female again) is just as beautiful, and after playing with Braixen, I will have to say I fell in love with it's design (which I'm surprised since when gen 6 was announced, I hated all canine based Pokemon)

Why do you like it so much? - my #1 reason is the animal its based on, kind of saddened and disappointed that no new mustelids (my most favorite animals) or mongoose (tied at first) Pokemon introduced - Felines and Foxes are next in my favorites.... now that I had lots of time to play with my favorite Pokemon my #2 reason I like them is that they learn wide variety of attacks (so if I had 2 of the same Pokemon they both could have different attacks of different types!)

Do you have it on your team right now? - Yes & No - it depends on the team they are on, so in my original team Yes for Delphox and No for Meowstic or Pyroar... in my Feline Team I have both Meowstic & Pyroar but no Delphox.

What moveset do you have for it? o:
    ** just a moment, let me turn on both 3DS I have and check their info**
    100 - Delphox - M - nickname: Renard - item: Charcoal
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Blaze
    • Fire Pledge [fire]
    • Flamethrower [fire]
    • Mystical Fire [fire]
    • Psyshock [psychic]

The other 2 I will have to do some search to change their info to English, as I'm playing my "belle équipe de chat" Feline team in French. Learned a few French phrases playing the game in this language.
    49 - Mistrigrix / Meowstic - F - surnome/nickname: Devonne - objet:
    Nature: Malin (Impish)
    Capacité Spéciale: Infiltration (Infiltrator)
    • Extrasenseur [psy] / Extrasensory
    • Voix Enjôleuse [fée] / Disarming Voice
    • Choc Psy [psy] / Psyshock
    • Psyko [psy] / Psychic

47 - Némélios / Pyroar - F - surnom/nickname: Nadine - objet:
    Nature: Doux (Mild)
    Capacité Spéciale: Tension (Unnerve)
    • Râle Mâle [normal] / Noble Roar
    • Mâchouille [ténèbres] / Crunch
    • Lance-Flammes [feu] / Flamethrower
    • Crocs Feu [feu] / Fire Fang

Have you done online battles with it? - Only with Delphox I have, as my Feline Team is not completed yet. I do plan on having online battles with my felines soon.

Was it any successful? - Delphox did managed to take down four Pokemon in total, but only 1 during my first won battled.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    A few notable Pokemon stand out for me from the Kalos Dex, I don't necessarily have them in any order but some may be a little more loved than others:

Vivilion:
    Funny fact, I hated the living hell out of Scatterbug when I first saw it. It looked ugly, and dear lord it was a pain to raise. When I found out that it evolved later than Caterpie and Weedle, and that the evolved form learned Protect instead of Harden, I just hated it more.
    Cue the Bug Gym (disappointed still in that the selection of Bug types introduced in Gen VI is terrible) and I met Vivilion. Her lovely, pink-winged Vivilion got me excited to evolve my Spewpa, and sure enough I did...to recieve a Green-winged one. I was a little confused, but green suited Vivi better. So I went through the game with this Vivilion and it became my closest partner.

Amaura:
    Damn the fact that this beautiful thing has 4 weaknesses and 2 double weaknesses! Tyrantrum may be a superior Pokemon to the Amaura line, but hands down this Pokemon is such an adorable creature. All of the previous fossil Pokemon have usually been somewhat brutal or terrifying to look at, but this thing just melted (irony) my heart.

Pangoro:
    Definitely one of my lesser favourites, Pangoro took me by surprise when I evolved my Pancham. It seems pretty cruel to introduce a Dark/Fighting type in the age that Fairy types also debuted, but my dear Valerie seemed to last. What stops Pangoro from being more favoured than other Kalos Pokemon is that they cannot learn any Elemental Punches...despite having the Iron Fist ability. This better be rectified come Omega/Alpha.

Dedenne:
    The thing sucks, but is adorable and can stand in the face of the almighty Dialga's Roar of Time and be completely unaffected by it. Think about that for a moment.

Xerneas:
    My word what an impressive way to kickstart a new typing in the game! Xerneas' design is just so majestic that I felt amazed upon seeing it in game for the first time. It's a bit disappointing that it shares its base stats with Yveltal as I'd imagine the Life Giver would be a bit more defensive, but Xerneas makes up for that by being pretty much superior to both its brother and trio master.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My most favorite would probably have to be Talonflame. I'm not too fond of its design, but it could cause some major havoc when battling; with combination of Gale Wings and Brave Bird, nothing could stand in its way. Have done a few battles with it before, and it has never failed me. :] Aside from that, another would be Mega Blastoise; love how much of a tank it makes.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • In my in-game play, I loves Meowstic (And still love him but I don't play with it too much), and I do like Chestnaught, Talonflame, Heliolisk and Sylveon !

In my "competitive play",my favorite is Avalugg.

I love this generation, I do love a lot of pokemon in the Kalos region!

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014

which would be your most favorite? Meowstic, female form. I am especially pleased with the shiny variation.
    Why do you like it so much? I find it's appearance elegant, devious and appealingly simple.
    Do you have it on your team right now? No. This is because I just began my game, I will obtain one ASAP.
    What moveset do you have for it? o: N/A.
    Have you done online battles with it?No.
    Was it any successful?I have plans to use one effectively in double battles, but it is ultimately outclassed by other Pokemon.

FYI, OP, "Most favorite" is redundant.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    My Greninja of course.

My Greninja is different from other Greninja. He confuses the hell out of his opponents online, and dominates.

Years
  • Sylveon by far. I'm already partial toward the Eeveelutions as is; add in the fact I love the Fairy type and Sylveon's a definite winner <3 I have one named Alexander on my Y, and he's been useful on my team, using priority Baby-Doll Eyes to lower the opponent's Attack (or raising it for my Contrary Malamar). Aside from BDE he has Moonblast, Draining Kiss, and one other move I can't remember at the moment, fff. I haven't used him in any online battles, but I got five stars for Double Battles in the Battle Institute thanks to him~

Aside from Sylveon, I also really love the Fennekin line (I have a Delphox named Alice in my Y), Meowstic (had one named Carla in my first playthrough of X; she's currently in my Y), and Aegislash (have one named Forte in my Y).

Years
  • 6th Gen has to be the generation with my second fave Pokemon introduced ever, so here's my personal faves of Kalos!

greninja.gif

Greninja: I really love Water-type starters (duh) but none were really fast so it was nice to see a fast Water starter for once, and oh man Greninja not only looks like a badass, but it surely can act like one too thanks to its nice movepool and if you have Protean, it gets just as awesome. I really love the whole ninja theme of his evolution line.

sylveon.gif

My fave new Eeveelution and one of my top Fairy-types. There's just so many reasons why I adore Sylveon, it's cute but has the badass side to it which most cute Pokemon seem to lack. Mine was pretty much a destroyer, wrecking almost anything with his powerful Moonblast. I was glad to use him as my Fairy-type in the main story.

vivillon-river.gif

So yeah, we have this latest incarnation of the generic early-game butterfly but this one has a little twist to it, in that it has many different appearances (they change based on your 3DS region settings) and actually has stats to make it usable in-game. I used one early on and mine pretty much destroyed so many opponents with just Struggle Bug (I'm not joking, he was a true early sweeper) plus Compound Eyes-boosted Hurricane is something to be feared from this cute butterfly. I posted the River Vivillon pic here because that's the wing pattern I get on my game.

meowstic.gif
    meowstic-f.gif

Possibly my new fave Psychic-type. When I saw Meowstic for the first time, I just knew I had to use one on my team and it surely didn't disappoint me. Its stats apart from Speed are claimed to be "mediocre" but with the right training it can definitely shine as a good special attacker, plus the gender differences with their level-up moves is a really nice concept. I love the female one slightly better but both are pretty cool.

aegislash.gif

I had mixed feelings towards Honedge when it was first revealed but as time grew I found out it evolves into something that can actually take a hit and also dish it out depending on the situation. I actually loved using Aegislash when I got the chance and now it's a prominent rotating team member of mine. Seriously, don't underestimate this possessed sword, it's quite the fighter and I love its unique type combination as well.

heliolisk.gif

I once thought this thing was going to be another weak-as early game Electric-type but oh man was I so wrong. Heliolisk is not only fast, but is a great special attacker and can function in so many different weather conditions as well thanks to its abilities. Dry Skin is really nice since it makes him completely immune to Water moves, so I loved using mine to destroy any Water-types he was up against. And he can Surf too, which is also great if you don't have a Water-type that would normally do it.

goodra.gif

I never usually liked some pseudo-legends, but Goodra and its evolution line are among the cutest Dragon-types ever and I was surprised at the great moves this thing learns and has the bulk to take a hit as well. While it has an annoying evolution method (natural rain seriously?) it's definitely worth it because Goodra is basically a case of badass adorable, in that it's a cute version of a normally badass type.

Years
  • My favorite non-mega Kalos pokemon was Greninja. Normally, after my first run through a new pokemon game, I ditch the started and make a team without one. However, I have no plans to do that when playing through the Kalos region! Greninja's design won me over, and I never looked back. As for the mega evolutions, I think Mega Blaziken is a breathtaking specimen.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I still can't get over how Over Powered Mega Lucario is. Sometimes I feel bad about using him in online battles, but remembering how just about everyone in gen 5 used choice items, this is a fine way to get even for all the chap victories they stole.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Counting only the new Pokemon, I love the Froakie line, Talonflame, Florges, Pangoro, Gogoat, Malamar, Clawitzer, Tyrantrum, Goodra, Trevenant, and female Meowstic.

Back