• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    25. (How did Sven ninja me?!)

what does meta mean?

I still cant figure it out lol.

Also fun fact, I dont think I've ever posted in the Bulba race thread xD

Meta comes from the word "metagame," so in other words, it's like a competitive standard. (Although in this case, we're using it as a joke/slang/whatever you wanna call it. xD)

Oh, and if you were at the Bulbarace, I'm sure a lot more Pokémon would get kicked out. =/

But I like it when I choose decks/characters nobody uses, making my choice less mainstream.

This basically summarizes my style in YGO and Smash Bros., haha.

Years

Thanks guys, you're all so lucky to be able to play competitively, I wont be able to get a 3DS for at least another year, at least I say. For that...

BOO! >:[

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I played competitively on the Showdown server looooads in Gen 5, but when Gen 6 came around I just really couldn't be bothered with it any more and gave up haha. Too many new mechanics to learn with no interesting new Pokémon to learn them with - it was a big disappointment :(

Meadow

Years
    6. (Of course Sven ninja's me. <_<)

Speaking of Nintendo devices, do you think Nintendo would ever go far enough to release their own smartphone? Sure, it sounds like a weird idea, but they might be able to make some money off of mobile Pokémon games. But I dunno, it still sounds really doubtful.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Being practical as a phone needs it to be small, but removing one of the two screens really erases some of the charms the device has. As it needs a place for the buttons, only one small screen can be used. I don't really see this happening and why should they?

Meadow

Years

True, I don't really see it happening - it was just a random thought, haha. I just remembered this article I read a while ago that was talking about "casual gamers" taking over with their phones and whatnot, so I guess that's how the thought popped up in my head. xD

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Wow I never noticed Revise and HAN's sigs. >___>

Meeeh I don't have time to learn how to do things competitivly, but I still wanna battle people. :(
    But I did get a 3DS for my birthday last year. W00t.

Ha, seems unlikely, but what if it was a reboot of the GameBoy? :P Wasn't there a GameBoy Color mechanic that was a phone you could use with some games including Pokemon GSC and connect to other players with it but it was only in Japan or something like that?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back