• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicarp4thewin

Lv19 Magikarp, wonder what happens next?
    Years
    37I believe status moves just delay the enevitable, which is one team getting completely Slammed and losing, I'd rather KO the enemy with a surf than give them a chance to hit me with a guillotine( besides, toxic spikes as I love drapion with a passion)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Well, Zangoose with Slash and Swords Dance in Ruby tho. Could take down anything!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

...when you get past Roxanne, she's really annoying to beat with just a Zigzagoon.

Oh gosh sorry guys! Exams are actually over for me, but I was busy for the past few days because of work, and I used whatever remainder of my free time practicing for a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament. xD Thankfully things are starting to settle down for a while, so I'm gonna start getting active again (mostly at night, but you get the point).

The one at FC&G? I now feel I could have figured that out myself...

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Ahaha I hardly even had school let alone exams I feel bad for leaving for that long XD

I love using cheats sometimes, but only on old games on emu. MISSINGNO MISSINGNO MISSINGNO! I like random wtw to get Mewtwo and challenge the League in Red. XD My team, iirc, was Level 16 Wartortle, Level 10 Mew, Level 71 Mewtwo, Level 50 Charmander, Level 49 Bulbasaur and Level 51 Chansey. XD
    Who doesn't love cheating a masterball for their cute little Pidgey pidge pidge pidge? 'w'

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I've used cheats to teleport myself to locations as Southern Island and Faraway Island to catch the event Pokémon there, but cheats are annoying, they don't work (perfectly) half of the time, so when hacking works too easily I prefer that over cheating. I used hacking to get a challenge team early in the game by putting all the Pokémon wild on an early route.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I only used cheats back when I was about 10 years old, and I completely regretted it as my entire PC got replaced with Bad Eggs. =c

The one at FC&G? I now feel I could have figured that out myself...

Ehehehehehehe... hahahahahahaha... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You got me. xD Deckbuilding is super serious business though, and it's arguably as difficult (if not more difficult) than playing the game itself. Which gets me thinking... Have any of you ever played the Pokémon TCG? If so, how do you think of it? And if you haven't played it, does it look interesting to you?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I used to play it when I was 9!

... That was quite a while ago I must admit.

Meadow

Years

Same here, the last time I played it was when I was really young. I learned all of the rules and whatnot, but it seems far too exploitable to me. Like, what if all of your basic Pokémon end up as prize cards? Or how would you know when you've run out of basic Pokémon? That kind of stuff.

It does seem like a really fun concept though, and it's quite enjoyable collecting the cards.

magicarp4thewin

Lv19 Magikarp, wonder what happens next?
    Years
    46Eeek.... I remember spending about $1000 on those ... When you have multiple nerdy friends its fun, but when you have maybe one person who plays, its just not worth it(personally I never used the energy cards lol)

Last edited:
    Years

Can someone tell me how do you call the game in English where you and the other person put your cards in front and tap them, and the ones you turn around you get?

I got most of my Pokemon TCG cards like that. I played Pokemon TCG a lot, A LOT, when I was in elementary school. Every day pretty much. Both on PC Emulator, GBA thing, and irl.

A for the cheats, I havent used them yet. I perform glitches, like the Mew glitch in Yellow but that's as far as I've went till now. :D

Meadow

Years

Can someone tell me how do you call the game in English where you and the other person put your cards in front and tap them, and the ones you turn around you get?

I got most of my Pokemon TCG cards like that. I played Pokemon TCG a lot, A LOT, when I was in elementary school. Every day pretty much. Both on PC Emulator, GBA thing, and irl.

Not 100% sure, but isn't that called "Go Fish"? If so, it's pretty amazing that you obtained Pokémon cards that way, haha.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I strike again

A for the cheats, I havent used them yet. I perform glitches, like the Mew glitch in Yellow but that's as far as I've went till now. :D
    Is it a card game called Speed?? I have no idea XD

I collect the cards all the time, and like to play with my siblings. I'm considering buying the $5 TCG game on my 3ds for my brother, but he's played part of it on tablet before too.
    I happen to have a Swadloon card that Revise is so jelly of. ;D
    Maaaan I lost a lot of cards a long time ago, we had a Darkrai tin and some of my favorites were a Fire typed Mew, Pichu Bros, Dark/Water Golduck, Skitty, Snorunt, Minun, and Pikachu. Eventually learned to play but that was after I lost the other ones. ;_;

Meadow

Years

I happen to have a Swadloon card that Revise is so jelly of. ;D
    FOUND IT
    Spoiler:

Give it to me... now... >:(

Years

Yeah I'm pretty proud of my skills in that game. At some point people raould rarely play with me cos I'd always win. Aside from two decks and several packs, I got the rest of a huge box of Pokemon cards just by playing that game and trading :D

And no, both Go Fih and Speed arent really correct according to google. We call it something like "patting" or "tapping". Cant really translate literally.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back