• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I used to collect TCG cards and still am. My opinion of the TCG is that the game is pretty straightforward, not very hard to learn, certainly in comparison to TCGs like Magic: The Gathering. But the game used to be better, recently way too many overpowered cards were added, drawing them means the match is over very quickly, while there is hardly time for the opponent to make a comeback.

I don't have very strong decks out of real cards, as I don't buy any packs or decks in the shop. I find these too expensive and you don't even know if you get something useful, so my entire collection is cheaply bought on flee markets. I duel with my friend sometimes, he got his collection in about the same way, so it's well balanced.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

HAN you're lucky your flea market has Pokemon cards, I know one place in mine that has a bunch of cards(including gags like pukeymon) but has a big paper that says "No Pokemon Cards". ;w; I buy cards new.....

Oh well then I have no idea what card game you're talking about. XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Card game could just be 'Snap' @ Sven, the one where you both flip your cards and if they match the first person to call it wins them? Otherwise I have no clue either XD

I love when Flare's a ghost, we get the coolest art when she "Boo"s ♥ (Gave you your special Gengar for now btw let me know if you want it changed!)

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

:D I should boo more often.

Seriously now I'm curious about that card game Sven lol.

I once had a small collection of Eeveelution cards and it was my friend's birthday and she liked Pokemon but had no cards so I thought 'hey I should buy her a new deck and give her some of her favorites like Umbreon'.
    ....turns out her parents didn't like Pokemon and didn't like it's 'magic' so they threw her cards away. Yet she reads Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, which have magic and/or gods so why do they only dislike Pokemon ya know?

wait I can have two ghosts :D

Years
    10 That's not it guys haha
    Do you get the rules? You "invest" one or few cards and so does the opponent. you put them in front of yourself so both of you can pat/tap any of them. The first player playing tries to turn over the cards by "tapping", "patting", hitting the cards with palms usually with having two palms put into a triangle form(fingers of one hand on another hand's fingers and putting thumbs one behind each other on the back if you get it) and creating a pressure that would, by raising your palms create an air circulation so cards could flip over. You choose which cards you try to flip over and then the other person does it until all cards are flipped over. It sounds like Physics but its really simple. I remember taking away so many cards this way that I often felt sorry and just returned the cards since they were mostly really common. Still commons=rare=really rare, that's why I have a huge collection now ;)

For me this way a legit way to steal cards, cos seriously, I had skills. To make this post least braggish, I still suck at drawing people :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I casually collect the cards. Like I don't try to get every single Pokemon card because wow too many duplicates and I really don't feel like putting the effort of looking for specifics on ebay or whatever. So whenever a new batch of cards come out I'll buy booster packs and such until I start getting a bunch of duplicates and then stop until the next new set comes out lmao.

A new set is actually coming out soon (it's already on Pokemon Center's site) so I'll be buying some again soon.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Most of my cards are pretty old haha, but I do have quite a few "EX" and "ex" cards. I also have this really cute card of a Bulbasaur picking an apple. <3

Also, sorry for starting another influx of new threads (eheheh), but I wanted to somehow make up for my recent absence. xD

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

What the heck is PokeParty.... Alright i'll go see. XD

I see that Squirrel and Blue have '#teamtrivia' in their sigs. I don't know what's going on but I'm in. *edits sig*

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

H.A.N. and I have actually had it in our sigs for a while too. xD I'm pretty sure the first instance of "#TeamTrivia" was back when I wrote that ridiculously long post in the User Appreciation thread, and I wanted to come up with some hipster nickname for the Trivia-ers. Didn't expect it to end up in our sigs though, hahahaha.

Meadow

Years

Pokémon Trivia is the new meta, haha.

(And I actually thought the Bulbasaur Race was our main DCC back when #TeamTrivia became a thing. xD)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

That's probably because it's older and used to be the only DCC at the time. Nowadays both have their activity both high and low at random moments.

Meadow

Years

I always thought "You're Banned!" was kinda like a psuedo-DCC here, haha. We need more people posting there, though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Meta is like... the popular thing that everyone uses? So a strong YGO deck or a strong LoL champion are the meta since they're the best you can use and everyone spams them to win!

Years

Oh alright.
    What does a meta within game means?
    I've been seeing people commenting on Pokemon's meta being affected by new Pokemon or something of that sort. I might have misunderstood it though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back