• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Zootopia

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
  • zootopia-logo.png
    "From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. When Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) becomes the first rabbit to join the police force, she quickly learns how tough it is to enforce the law. Determined to prove herself, Judy jumps at the opportunity to solve a mysterious case. Unfortunately, that means working with Nick Wilde (Jason Bateman), a wily fox who makes her job even harder."

So Disney's new film, Zootopia was released this past weekend. Did you see it? Do you plan on seeing it?

Personally I have yet to see it, but the animation looks pretty great and a number of my friends want to go see it so i'll probably get around to see it within the next couple weeks. I've been hearing quite a few good things about it, so count me as slightly hyped.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Dang it, you beat me to making this thread.

When I first saw the teaser trailer for it last year, I feared this movie wasn't going to be one of Disney's best films because 1) it's CG-animated (according to the internet community, if an animated film isn't 2D or stop motion, then it's automatically bad), and 2) "lol, furries." Then I've been watching a couple of behind-the-scenes videos regarding the atmosphere and the anatomy for each animal, and I believed it was going to be one of the most creative films Disney has produced. Finally, I got to see the movie today, and it's safe to say this is definitely one of the best Disney films of all time. The plot was good, the characters were likable (Nick Wilde already being my favorite), and the jokes were hilarious. BTW, has anyone seen this chart before?

Spoiler:

According to this chart, Zootopia should be this decade's Hunchback of Notre Dame, and after watching this film, I can definitely see the similarities. Both films are actually more geared towards adults than children because of the mature themes they were handling. While the latter used religious references, the former tackled on racial issues in the form of the predator-prey relationship. I must admit, Zootopia handled their theme much better than the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'll have to wait for DVD release and pirate it (I would pay if I could, I have my reasons for pirating). Does anyone know how soon it'll happen? I want to watch Zootopia so badly (not badly enough to watch CamRip), everyone on Twitter is talking only about it.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    I was told to just poop post in the thread so I will.
    I didn't have any intentions of seeing this movie.
    The trailers from youtube didn't really interest me, and the Bunny Rabbit Cop is cute, and smart move rabbit around easter.

Needs more Ponies.

To encourage conversation:
    The trailer was just music, and fast cut aways. I didn't get a single context for story.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I'm stunned by the 100% rating! I had high hopes for this movie since its first premiere aired, and saw it as something I'd take my little relatives to. However, as I learned more and more, I got excited myself. It looks just like a charming film, and I think I'll love it!

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Honestly I am a pretty big Disney fan and this movie didn't capture my interest at all. I had 0 intention of going to see it until I heard of all the good reviews. I think I'll have to go see it now, probably this weekend.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm hoping to have a chance to see this in theaters. I don't have high hopes for that happening (the last time I saw a movie in theaters was 2013), but I would really like to see this movie. Only so that when people see me buying the merchandise for it, I can answer any questions about my opinion on the actual movie.

Speaking of movies that came out in 2013, Zootopia made more in its opening weekend than Frozen made in its opening weekend.

Frozen was not the movie I saw in 2013, thank you very much.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    I've heard this movie has a moral, and the moral has something to deal with prejudice or racism.
    The trailer just didn't sell me to see this movie, and I asked some people at work about Zootopia and they haven't heard about this movie.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Can't wait to see how they work this into the World Of Color show at Disney's California Adventure.

Years
  • There were a lot of films I missed seeing because of school and family issues, but if this film comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray like The Force Awakens then I might purchase it. So far I have heard good reviews on it.

Years
  • I saw it a week ago, on a 7 PM showing on the Thursday, which was nice. I'm not going to say much beyond that I loved it. As you may see by my avatar, those sloths are awesome.

However, I hope this movie does not end up subject to the same fate that Frozen gets met with regularly (as in, being thrashed and called overrated by 90% of people on the internet).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I saw it a week ago, on a 7 PM showing on the Thursday, which was nice. I'm not going to say much beyond that I loved it. As you may see by my avatar, those sloths are awesome.

However, I hope this movie does not end up subject to the same fate that Frozen gets met with regularly (as in, being thrashed and called overrated by 90% of people on the internet).

You don't have to worry about that, because the film is currently being thrashed for pandering towards the furry culture, who are the laughing stock on the internet.

Years
  • If there's three words I can use to describe this movie, they are strange, funny and heartrending. After watching the movie, I am sure you know what I mean.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I was glad to see a thread for this. I saw it opening day. Absolutely one of my favorite Disney movies yet. I just love Judy Hopps and the entire host of characters. Obviously you have to like Flash and Nick and the rest. Really pleased with everything about it. :)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I loved this movie. I had heard good things going in, but all of my expectations were blown out of the water. This has to be one of Disney's best movies of all time, and I really want to see it again. I would recommend checking it out as the only people who probably wouldn't like it are the people who are so blinded by their hatred of furries they hate anything that slightly resembles the fandom.

Also, Nick is my favorite.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I'm going to watch this next Tuesday with my brother, who's been aching at the bit to see it for the past few weeks. So I might as well go with him to see what's all the hubbub is about.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I'm pretty excited! Finally going to go see Zootopia tonight! :)

ETA: We saw it and it was awesome! :)

Last edited:
    Back