• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use the Red Gyarados?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Lake_of_Rage_HGSS.png

By surfing into the middle of the Lake of Rage, the player will encounter a red Gyarados. Did you use catch the red Gyarados? Use is on your team? Maybe decided it wasn't a "real" shiny and decided to box it?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I got him and named him Fred to pair with my other Gyarados, George. :') What a cute majestic team

;') a pair of gyarados... what could go wrong aside from demolishing the entire game lmfao

i caught him and only used him maybe a maximum of one time. by the time i got to him i already had the specific water-type i wanted to use on my team. so sadly he sat and rotted in the pc :(

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I normally save a spot for a Water-type and use the Gyarados. Sometimes I'll catch a Quagsire instead but I don't do that most playthroughs.

and omg fred and george the gyarados combo ^__^

Years
  • Yes, I did. I can't remember where I last left him though. Probably in the PokéBank by now. . . I really should check up on it.

Years
  • I usually always use the Red Gyarados, it was super cool but very overpowered haha. I think my last playthrough of SS was the first time I didn't use it, with a Slowbro taking its place, a worthy replacement.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Once I have the games, I'll catch one and name it Vladimir. In Soviet Russia, Pokemon catch you!

Years
  • Of course I did! It is not only a striking sight to see in crimson but Gyarados is one of the best Pokemon out there. With access to moves such as ice fang or outrage Gyarados is especially useful in HG SS if you're looking for a dragon slayer to check Lance and Claire. Since I always snag a Gyarados anyway, I certainly couldn't object to one in my favorite color. I collect these things! Chalice, Morai, Emperor and Pyke are my newest friends.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2016
    I didn't use him on my main team but I caught him because he was shiny probably like everyone else

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I just banked them, I already had a shiny on one of my HG/SS teams anyway. I try not to use the 'event' Pokemon much unless I planed on that Pokemon being on my team.

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
  • I caught the Gyarados, named it Gyro(why did I name it this, the world may never know)
    It proved a huge asset against Clair and Lance, also means I did not have to level up a magikarp.

Back