• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Ancient Ruby/Sapphire

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thanks! Mmmmm has been putting a lot of work into the sound track as well as extra help from Monstarules and Deved. Petalburg Woods and the surf theme have just been finished so the feeling of demake can continue uninterrupted into the beta release :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    By stats based on 3rd gen, do you mean its gonna have the limitation of 510 EVs to split between all stats? I honestly don't like that idea since it leaves pokemon feeling underpowered where it makes a real difference during gameplay

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • By stats based on 3rd gen, do you mean its gonna have the limitation of 510 EVs to split between all stats? I honestly don't like that idea since it leaves pokemon feeling underpowered where it makes a real difference during gameplay

It will probably be Gen 2 DV system with gen 3 base stats.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2021
    Awesome game. When do you think the next release will be and when do you think it'll be finished?
    Also I love how there are no abilities so slakoth is broken!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Couldn't give an estimate on finishing even if I tried. As for next release. It depends what people want. I could do another teaser release, like 1 gyms worth of content to show off some of the other things I'll be adding (currently got someone working on some features and may be porting it to Polished Crystal) or I could wait for a 3 gym beta.

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Couldn't give an estimate on finishing even if I tried. As for next release. It depends what people want. I could do another teaser release, like 1 gyms worth of content to show off some of the other things I'll be adding (currently got someone working on some features and may be porting it to Polished Crystal) or I could wait for a 3 gym beta.

I'd be willing to wait for a 3 gym beta,it'd be worth it.

Monstarules

TPP and Rainbowdevs developer
    Years
  • I'm one of the devs. I just did a bunch of bugfixes and corrections in Littleroot. I also finished the truck sequence, it's now complete. The next update I'm releasing is going to finish up the graphical aspect of the Birch Bag sequence, and adding the music for Petalburg Woods (since it's currently missing right now). If everything goes alright, I might get it pushed out tonight.

Finishing the introduction sequence is also high on the priority list.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Personally, I'd rather we wait for a 3-4 gym beta as it gives us enough content to play through. Really looking forward to this sj ce the alpha pretty much qhet my appetite.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Working on mapping while I slowly rebuild the game. I've rebased to Polished Crystal for various reasons. Next update the game will have nicer tiles than in the alpha, abilities, Pokemon animations and a whole bunch of other goodies

Here's a nearly finished Dewford Town:
    0Jpitkd.jpg

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It's nice to see an update on this, looks great! I'm sure the Polished Crystal base change will bring a lot to the table as well =)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Dewford is looking really neat, Especially with that Polished Crystal vibe. I'm really happy to see progress on this. I do have a doubt, will the 60Fps feature still be present or is it absent because of the base change?

Years
  • I don't normally check out ROM Hacks I follow until they're finished, but I had to try this! I played through it for a few seconds and loved it! (keynote: a few seconds because even though I know the story because I want to experience this game in its full!) Popped in the Discord! This game looks great!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thank you very much! I'm glad you tried it and I hope to progress much quicker in future

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
  • Just from what I've been playing so far, I really like what I see here. I think the one thing that would really add to the experience for me is having the Gen III Pokemon cries in this hack, but that's just a little personal preference of mine. You've already got so much on your plate already, so I think adding the appropriate cries can be on the back burner for a while. Can't wait to see what else is in store for this hack.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thank you very much! Next release will have gen 3 cries. I've been working on a full update recently and I hope to have a small, but much larger, release in the next 2/3 months.
    Here's one thing I've done:
    sRE2rjH.jpg

Borders only work in a few emus but it's a little extra reference. Based on the border when playing Ruby/Sapphire in Pokemon Box on the Game Cube.

Back