_confused_piplup_

Age 22
she/her
Paldea
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
3,178 posts
1.8 Years
Huh, well it was after the gen 4 part. I started watching and even following the first part of gen 5 episodes, but it never really got me. I used to watch some episodes sometimes, but I have never been followed it as a series. I followed the League part as it was quite exciting for me to see how it was going for Ash. Then I watched like the first two episodes of the gen 6 anime, but when I knew Team Rocket wasn't there I just stopped watching it. Since then, I haven't really watched episodes at all. Only the League, when everyone was like "yeah maybe this time Ash will win", but then nothing. I haven't watched anything of gen 7 and gen 8.
Seen December 7th, 2022
Posted December 7th, 2022
22 posts
3.3 Years
For me, it was around the S/M era. At that point, I was beginning to find other interests beyond Pokemon and drifting away as a result. I also noticed that the anime was a bit flawed and lost interest as a result. Plus, I suppose the change to most of the action being centered around a singular location, the change in art style, and the change in setting to be mainly school-oriented didn't help.

ZZZSnorlaxZZZ

Age 13
She/Her
MD/USA
Seen December 8th, 2022
Posted December 8th, 2022
11 posts
56 Days
Being pretty much a newbie to the Pokemon Franchise all of these series are new to me so I am enjoying all of this like it is new. There is so many shows to watch it will take me a long time to ever watch it all but I watch I have watched so far in the Black & White series, XYZ, Sun & Moon, & Journeys has all been really good.

Taemin

MOVE

he / they
USA
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted December 9th, 2022
11,199 posts
17.5 Years
^ love that for them.

For me, hmmm, I think I stopped after XYZ. I loved that one, but Sun/Moon changed a bit too much for me. I do plan to catch up on the movies soon though! So maybe that will change my point of view on the newer anime seasons? I’m not closed off to them, just didn’t much care for the art style switch and the school settings.

I can't leave this spot that's empty without you
It's an area that no one else can fill
The night's never gonna be the same.

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

Male
Tennessee
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,592 posts
12.8 Years
For me, it was around the S/M era. At that point, I was beginning to find other interests beyond Pokemon and drifting away as a result. I also noticed that the anime was a bit flawed and lost interest as a result. Plus, I suppose the change to most of the action being centered around a singular location, the change in art style, and the change in setting to be mainly school-oriented didn't help.
Yeah completely agree with this. If there is going to be an anime with Pokemon, they need to actually travel. They rarely went off of MeleMele other than when Ash was doing his Trials. When I think of pokemon, I think of Adventure not stay in one spot for over 80 episodes. Yu-Gi-Oh GX did well with the School Theme and they just had one island. Far better than Pokemon. Aside from the art style, this was a massive reason I didn't enjoyed SM Anime.

Many animes do very well with school themes, but pokemon is one series that should never attempt it unless they did it like Paldea.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness

they/them
っ・ω・)っ━☆゚.*・。゚
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,432 posts
3.7 Years
I mean I was never really invested in the anime. I watched random episodes from random seasons here and there as a kid and never really got into it.
(╯°Д°)╯ ┻━┻
FLIP ALL THE TABLES!

Q+A / My Art
Owner of PC's fashion club!