• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So... stomachaches...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, I just now noticed the interchangeable descriptions for this forum. I was wondering why I kept seeing different ones. *slow* XD

Do you ever get them? How bad do you get them? What do you do when you have them? How often do they happen? I figure since we had a thread about headaches at one time, why not one about stomachaches as well? Just try not to go into too much detail on the TMI stuff though. :P

I rarely get stomachaches. Like, not even rarely. I just... haven't gotten them in so long. If I do get them, they are usually mild enough so that I can pretty much ignore them. I did have these bloated cramps once. :x Those were awful because my stomach felt like it was going to blow up.

Anyway, what about you guys? Discuss. :D

pkmin3033

I get stomach pains of some sort on a daily basis, almost. I have rather severe IBS, so how bad they are depends on...well, lots of things. Lucky me, I'm the only person in the house with a terribly weak stomach: small, innocuous changes are enough to cause a full scale rebellion, and trying to figure out the cause is guesswork at best sometimes. My diet is a work-in-progress, my stress levels are all over the place, and I'm already on half a dozen different medications; adding one more won't do me any favours.

That said, it's manageable most of the time...you get used to these things after a while. I tend to ignore it as best I can and carry on; it doesn't usually last any longer than an hour at a time. It has to get really bad (as in, either stomach cramps so bad that I can't move from pain, or having to spend an hour or more either in the bathroom or close to it just in case) for me to freak out about it. I'm overly sensitive when it comes to these things; I try to keep this in mind before I react to every little thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Short of taking over-the-counter medication, there isn't much else I can do about it.

...and that's far as I'm going to go without going TMI. xD

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I get them a lot because I eat a lot and then before I realise it I've eat too much. Few hours later a stomach ache rolls in and I just want to curl away somewhere till it goes away.
    Sometimes I get stomach aches from bad food combinations and other times it's just from a mix of hot temperatures to colder ones and vice versa. I'm a weird one.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I rarely get stomachaches, if not ever. I don't even get sick. Though the biggest annoyance of them all are random headaches. I rather have stomachaches than those.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I almost never get stomachaches. But I do get sick loads, which is really horrible.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I have asick and aching stomach most f the time. I have for years. Every now and then it flares up really bad but I can usually control it and bring it down without a catastrophic mess everywhere.

Years
  • Aside from the rare times I get them because I'm actually sick with something else...

...well, most of the ones I get are because I ended up eating a bit too much. Or maybe I ate something that didn't quite agree with me. In either case, just giving myself some time and relaxation will make me feel better again, since they're usually not that bad.

Although I guess I do get some from time to time if I haven't gotten enough sleep. In which case, see above and also add "take a nap" to the list of things to cure it.

Years
  • Well, I'm lactose intolerant and I stay eating/drinking dairy products.

Yeah. . apparently I just don't learn. =\

Or like stomach ulcer. ;o

Years
  • I can't even remember the last time I had a stomachache, if I've ever even had one in my life.

How do you even...? Would you be so kind as to hand over your beast of a stomach?

I never used to get stomach aches that often, but since having to commute to work, daily trips to the washroom happens multiple times a day. It's uncomfortable to be sitting around while my bowels are practically having a wrestling match downstairs and my stomach hurts from time-to-time. Not even sure how it happens because I've had the same eating routine the past 5 years so I doubt it's been my diet. Maybe it's just not being in the comfort of my own home...

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    stomachaches have been a fairly new problem for me. as of late, i've been trying to figure out what's causing them and i found out specific foods were leading to my aches. tomato sauce, cheese and grape juice are some of the things i cannot ingest without eventually getting agonizing pain in my stomach. it sucks that i have to be careful about what i eat now, but at least i can prevent it from happening.

Years
  • I have one right now because I have a horrible fucking hangover but you know that's to be expected

It depends. I don't really get them from eating stuff, I love spicy foods and such and am used to them. If I ever get stomach aches I'm either sick or hungover, really.

Years
  • There's this time where I drank antibiotic, and my stomach doesn't like it, lol. I got stomach aches for 3 days.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i always get stomach aches. for my entire life, i've had a sensitive stomach. the doctors say it's just anxiety, but i'm not sure. i always get sick before going somewhere and after i eat.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nah, only when I'm on my period or have eaten too much junk food all at once :} stomach just goes "ew why did you force that stuff down into me, now I'll make you pay!"

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I get them when I eat Pizza which isn't Papa John's. PJ's pizzas are thinner so contain less actual dough, and my stomach hates anything which has starch in it (mostly pasta).

Years
  • Do you ever get them?
    Yes, I have one right now.

How bad do you get them?
    Depends... on the moment I will say 6.5/10.

What do you do when you have them?
    Sometimes I need to lie down but if it isn't as severe I just keep going.

How often do they happen?
    Quite a lot actually. Especially if I am stressed or anxious about something.

Back