• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you go to your local fairs/festivals?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I used to go to the local festival, as it is within walking distance, but then they expanded the church, making everything cramped, and a few years later put up a fence and charged admission, making things even more cramped, so I stopped.

I still occasionally go to the two local fairs though, and stuff my face with some of the best local fries and funnel cakes. Don't ride rides anymore though.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • not usually. when i lived in brockport, i think the first year we went but the next 4 years after that we didn't go iirc. today since i'm with my dad, he wanted us to go out and do things and so uh. we did and..yeah. we went to the festival/fair thing they had. it was okay. had a lot of food.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i went to mine a few days ago and i was a lot worse than i remember lol

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    That's actually very sad but our local Fair stopped last year I believe, and this year, for like one week, I saw the rides in a Grocery store parking lot :/ I'm not even sure if it was open but it looked deserted.

We have multiple big music festivals here too, but I don't go there anymore - passes are twice as expensive as they were 7 years ago, and I'm now the kind of adult who compains about sore feet and bad backs

Years
  • Well since the Florida State Fair happens every February in Tampa I usually try to make it to that if I can, although the vendors are nothing but scammers really.

Then there's the Florida Strawberry Festival that I have to go to in the future, because I haven't been since I was little. v_v

blue

gucci
    Years
  • there was a lights festival about 10 mintues away from my house which had a massive turnout. since it was so close to home i went along and it was such a good show! pretty sure most of the city turned up to see it and it was definitely worth it considering it was free entry.

Years
  • I did until I was like 15 probably, the fair was pretty cool back then but people my age don't really go anymore and I don't want to either.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Yeah, went to the Hoppings, which is a yearly thing here, but it was the first time i'd been. It was also the first time in years when it hadn't rained, guess I got lucky and somehow lifted the 'Hoppings curse'.

Twas good, felt like a big kid again and didn't vomit :>

pkmin3033

I used to go to various school fairs close to me, and I even helped organise a couple that the school my mother works at, but I've not been to any for several years...they're in the summer, which involves going outside in the heat, and it's kinda the same thing every year...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I never go because 1) I forget they exist, 2) I don't have time for them, and 3) because anxiety prevents me from going out because I'm afraid I'll meet people from high school.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • most of the time, i will. sometimes it's just too hot or expensive for me though. i do like the rides and all that, not so much the fair games. the food is pretty good too.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    We don't get many of those if any at all :(. I always wanted to go to a festival similar to the ones they do in the Summer in Japan.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I go to a reniassance festival every year around February to March. :3 I have a favorite knight I root for as well. He's one of my close friends. I also attend an anime convention (if it counts) during labor day weekend. These are things that get me out of the house for a while. XD

We've also been to a few Christmas festivals last year where they have light shows and what not that were fun. I hope we can do that again this year.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I go to the London Film Festival every year, but I don't think that's the sort of festival/fair that EC had in mind...

Years
  • Of course! There's a grape festival here every August. This means free wine and grapes haha, it's awesome!

Back