• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Fakes an Illness*

Vragon

Nope, no one would believe me. I don't get sick often so.....yeah

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I've never faked a serous illness, but I did fake being sick to get out of school many many times.

In 4th grade, I had recently moved to a new location, which meant a new school with new people. Even though I quickly made friends, I really didn't like going. At some point during that year, I kept faking sick with my mom until she realized I just didn't want to go. I ended up not going for a MONTH straight. When I came back, I said I had the stomach flu, but obviously my teacher didn't buy that.

Throughout the next few years of schooling, I just really hated dealing with it, and my mom really wasn't in the condition at the time to deal with me herself (She was suffering from depression at the time). So I would basically say "I'm not going", and that was it.

Even though it didn't seem like a problem to me at the time, my schooling obviously suffered from this. I did end up graduating high school at the same time as my age group, but I feel like I just barely scraped by on that one.

I have also stayed from work while being legitimately sick, but I may have went too many days last year. I came down with a really bad cold, and in my mind since I'm the lowest paid employee, I should stay home instead of getting the other employees sick, which would mean they would miss work.

Years
  • Shit yes lmao
    Sometimes I just can't be bothered dealing with people. Ironically, now that I'm legitimately really sick, I miss having the choice.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I never have faked an illness. Never will. It feels wrong. I can't even lie about something like that. I have no reason to.

Years
    • Seen today
    I faked being sick in 6th grade to get sent home. I'd forgotten my binder for a class and I was scared of the teacher.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    do we count münchausen syndrome here? because if so, a fuckton more posts need to be made

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Only in high school, my friends and I cut class a lot and all you really need is a fake sickness note

I don't know if this counts but I also used period cramps as an excuse to get out of a lot of things too

Years
  • yes
    my go-to excuse to get out of work is saying i'm not feeling well, and i don't have any regrets because everyone else does the same....especially in a job that's so mentally demanding like mine. it can get very exhausting =( downside is that i sometimes need to set my alarm for 6am or so and send my sick message to my boss then lol, since then it looks more believable that i waited until morning and still didn't feel well enough to go. sorry not sorry! i deserve it in all honesty, since i work so incredibly hard and am always volunteering for other things

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I used to pretend to be sick in high school so that I could use the nurses bathroom, which was much cleaner and actually private.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Yes, once. Was in elementary school, and it was Halloween. I had finally decided that I didn't want to wear a costume anymore, but since you could wear your costumes to school, I didn't want to be the only one without one, so I had my mom call me in sick to the school.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I've never faked an illness, but I have been so stricken with emotion that I *was ill* and had to stay home a few times in school. I don't remember why, but it was a stress related illness.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Of course. Other than some rare cases for when I skip out on work, I don't do this now. I don't have a problem saying no and being honest about going places just because I don't feel like going.

Back