• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smartwatches!

Years
  • So I gotta ask this, who here has a smartwatch? Whether it's an iWatch from Apple, or any watch running Wear OS, or maybe it's just something as simple as a fitbit, do you own one or not?

Would you want to own one? Or what's a reason you would not want to own one?

Years
  • I've worn smart watches for a while now, it started with a pebble watch I was gifted as a graduation present and I loved it! I loved how I didn't have to take my phone out to read a text or pause/skip my music. Unfortunately it didn't last, as one of the buttons began to wear off and eventually completely detached.
    After that I backed the pebble watch 2 on starter, and loved that one too, that was until it also begun to break shortly after Pebble announced they were being bought by fitbit and weren't going to replace or repair pebble watches, but were "willing to give out a £50 fitbit gift card" as a token of their appreciation 🙄

After that I didn't wear a smart watch until my partner got me a Huawei GT watch, which is great but feels kinda bloated as I want the most basic controls yet every smart watch nowadays is basically just a fitness tracker that can also display text messages.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    The only one I've used is FitBit. Right now I have a Versa and I like it...it does what I need it to. Though I've been thinking about trying to get a Google watch just to see how it is. One of my coworkers has one and he really likes it.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I got a Samsung Galaxy Watch, i wanna say maybe 1st or 2nd gen? I like it, i feel the square watches are just to odd shape for me to use, and this watch has lasted me least a couple of years, its done me well. Still works perfectly good and like samsung is still pushing updates to it to this day and still shown in the galaxy devices app or whatever its called. I been tempted to get something newer and more durable since i do a lot of moving, working in dusty situations and stuff but i think i might wait until this watch breaks or something before i buy i new one

Years
  • never found a need to own one yet. a classic watch that just tells time and the current day is more than enough for me as of the moment. i won't completely close my doors off the idea of getting one someday though.

Years
  • I got an Apple Watch series 2 for Christmas back in 2016. Despite having dropped it several times, it shattered a few weeks ago after one fatal drop. As a result, I upgraded to the Series 6. It's noticeably faster, and the slightly bigger display is pretty great. I'll probably continue wearing this every day indefinitely.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've had a few over the years. The first was a Moto 360 2nd gen - I still have it but it doesn't run Wear OS very well anymore. I upgraded that to a Huawei GT2 watch, but the metal on the back began to react with my skin so I had to stop using it. I swapped it with a friend for a Fitbit Versa, and while it's really nice (and has killer battery life) it severely lacks in apps and capabilities that a regular Wear OS watch has, so I went back to the Moto for now.

I'm looking at upgrading it, but I'm having a very hard time finding a watch I like. So far, though, if rumors do hold, Samsung's next watches may be something I will have to look into, especially if the rumors of them going back to Wear OS from Tizen are true.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to own a Pebble Watch until the screen started to act up. Worst thing is...I bought RIGHT AFTER the company was sold to Fitbit.

Soooo, for my next smartwatch I'll probably go for a Fitbit Versa or a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch.

Years
  • I never thought about smartwatches until my girlfriend wanted to buy me one for last Christmas. After looking up some info about them, I came to conclusion that smartwatch is something I don't really need or want now. I use watches just to check time and wouldn't have any use for other features.

Years
  • i don't really care for them and never thought about getting one for myself. hell i dont even use regular watches to begin with. @_@ i can see the appeal for some, but it's not for me.

Years
  • I got one mainly to be able to track my steps and heart rate, but also be multifunctional in the instance I wanted one that did more

Back